LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 7.2.14 * 249#
WOE: Atkins 72, controlled portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
Afraid to get weighed... after a summer of indulgance

I logged in today because I couldn't find my home journal... my last milestone was 216. It's not IF I gained but how much. I pretty much stayed on low carb... except for McIcecream. And I know that I'm either ON or OFF so I was off.
I've got to get my foods in the house... so I can stay out of Wifees cupboard.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Just get back on board ASAP! Good luck and take it one LC meal at a time!
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
I just got home from three weeks vacationing in Branson eating out most every day and away from my stash of LC delicacies. Yep, I had gained a bit, but not as much as I had feared. Immediately back on track and getting things under control. Doesen't matter what you did yesterday, its today that counts! One LC day at a time.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 7.2.14 * 249#
WOE: Atkins 72, controlled portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
I am such a carb / sugar addict WHEN I'm off the wagon. I flubbed up my first attempt to Break Off my affair with carbs. I can make it through the first day... but yield on day 2... One taste of sweets & I'm compelled to continue.

I know I just have to try again, and again, and again... eventually I'll manage to stick. I have stocked the fridge with acceptable foods because that IS a pitfall. Once I get past day 3, the craving will be coming down.

I got on the scale this morning 234lbs. My 'low weight of the day' is first thing when I get up, in PJs, before I eat or drink anything other than meds, so is flexible on wake up time... very consistent results. OK, so now I'll update my signature.

"NO, I CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!" "Lead me not into carb temptation!"

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 *a lot of meds* now SP * Able to stand & shuffle a few steps with support: does not = meaningful exercise. Harder to do by just WOE... but gotta stay ON it.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
You did it before...you can do it again. I think low carbing successfully is 25% diet and 75% attitude. At some point we just have to say we're going to do it and then *do it*.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jennbeingme
Stats: 180/158.4/135
WOE: lo carbing
Start Date: restart Sept 1/ 2011
I'm in the same boat- You can do it- remember this isn't a race- it's simply about working to be healthier as best we can.
jennbeingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagman1776 View Post
I am such a carb / sugar addict WHEN I'm off the wagon. I flubbed up my first attempt to Break Off my affair with carbs. I can make it through the first day... but yield on day 2... One taste of sweets & I'm compelled to continue. . . . .
I can certainly identify with that! I picked up a bunch of sugar free chocolates at the local Wally World when I first started low carbing. Didn't help on weight loss, but did help me break the sweets addiction. I still use them occasionly, but I no longer have the same overpowering urge to attack a Twinkie as when I started. The sugar alcohols do make my weight loss stall, but it is much better than real sugar. I now know that I can have good tasting sweet treats occasionally and that makes the urges controlable. Good luck.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shortcut
WOE: No grains/No starch/No sugar
Start Date: Sept 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck41 View Post
I just got home from three weeks vacationing in Branson eating out most every day and away from my stash of LC delicacies. Yep, I had gained a bit, but not as much as I had feared. Immediately back on track and getting things under control. Doesen't matter what you did yesterday, its today that counts! One LC day at a time.
Hard to stay clean in Branson, isn't it? Especially if I go anywhere near that little berries and cream place on the strip.
shortcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/150.0/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
Take the bull by the horn and get back on track asap or it will be harder later on. We all had to do it at some point, many, many times for me until it finally sank in that this is the only way to go. Good luck.
Romy is offline   Reply With Quote