Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Afraid to get weighed... after a summer of indulgance (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811594-afraid-get-weighed-after-summer-indulgance.html)

Just Russ 09-05-2013 11:52 AM

Afraid to get weighed... after a summer of indulgance

I logged in today because I couldn't find my home journal... my last milestone was 216. It's not IF I gained but how much. I pretty much stayed on low carb... except for McIcecream. And I know that I'm either ON or OFF so I was off.
I've got to get my foods in the house... so I can stay out of Wifees cupboard.

susan41 09-05-2013 08:36 PM

Just get back on board ASAP! Good luck and take it one LC meal at a time!

Chuck41 09-06-2013 08:04 AM

I just got home from three weeks vacationing in Branson eating out most every day and away from my stash of LC delicacies. Yep, I had gained a bit, but not as much as I had feared. Immediately back on track and getting things under control. Doesen't matter what you did yesterday, its today that counts! One LC day at a time.

Just Russ 09-07-2013 07:59 AM

I am such a carb / sugar addict WHEN I'm off the wagon. I flubbed up my first attempt to Break Off my affair with carbs. I can make it through the first day... but yield on day 2... One taste of sweets & I'm compelled to continue.

I know I just have to try again, and again, and again... eventually I'll manage to stick. I have stocked the fridge with acceptable foods because that IS a pitfall. Once I get past day 3, the craving will be coming down.

I got on the scale this morning 234lbs. My 'low weight of the day' is first thing when I get up, in PJs, before I eat or drink anything other than meds, so is flexible on wake up time... very consistent results. OK, so now I'll update my signature.

Aomiel 09-07-2013 08:11 AM

You did it before...you can do it again. I think low carbing successfully is 25% diet and 75% attitude. At some point we just have to say we're going to do it and then *do it*.

jennbeingme 09-07-2013 08:35 AM

I'm in the same boat- You can do it- remember this isn't a race- it's simply about working to be healthier as best we can.

Chuck41 09-07-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagman1776 (Post 16593872)
I am such a carb / sugar addict WHEN I'm off the wagon. I flubbed up my first attempt to Break Off my affair with carbs. I can make it through the first day... but yield on day 2... One taste of sweets & I'm compelled to continue. . . . .

I can certainly identify with that! I picked up a bunch of sugar free chocolates at the local Wally World when I first started low carbing. Didn't help on weight loss, but did help me break the sweets addiction. I still use them occasionly, but I no longer have the same overpowering urge to attack a Twinkie as when I started. The sugar alcohols do make my weight loss stall, but it is much better than real sugar. I now know that I can have good tasting sweet treats occasionally and that makes the urges controlable. Good luck.

shortcut 09-08-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck41 (Post 16592596)
I just got home from three weeks vacationing in Branson eating out most every day and away from my stash of LC delicacies. Yep, I had gained a bit, but not as much as I had feared. Immediately back on track and getting things under control. Doesen't matter what you did yesterday, its today that counts! One LC day at a time.

Hard to stay clean in Branson, isn't it? Especially if I go anywhere near that little berries and cream place on the strip.

Romy 09-08-2013 07:13 AM

Take the bull by the horn and get back on track asap or it will be harder later on. We all had to do it at some point, many, many times for me until it finally sank in that this is the only way to go. Good luck.