Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Kansas Kroger and kerrygold (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811544-kansas-kroger-kerrygold.html)

susan41 09-04-2013 03:21 PM

Kansas Kroger and kerrygold

Am in Kansas and bought kerrygold butter to take back to Texas with me... It's delicious and I have some questions.. Of course I will keep it cold in the cooler on the way home.. But does it freeze well once I get home? I bought 4 packs.

And yes... It's delicious.. I opened a pack and ate a bite in the hotel room to see what I've been missing all this time. So what's the central Texas girl supposed to replace it with when I run out? Is there an equivalent product in my area?

And just for grins.. My thrifty friend I'm traveling with understands the whole LC concept but thinks 500 miles and 3.99 a pack of butter is kinda crazy lol. :)

MissBeeps 09-04-2013 03:33 PM

Trader Joe's carries it- 2805 Bee Caves Road in Rollingwood. And its less than $3.

susan41 09-04-2013 03:36 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissBeeps (Post 16590097)
Trader Joe's carries it- 2805 Bee Caves Road in Rollingwood. And its less than $3.

That's closer than Kansas lol... Although way south for me out in Liberty Hill area.. Thanks though that's doable if it freezes well

jeaniem 09-04-2013 03:36 PM

Don't know the answers to your questions, but I find that the kerrygold is so much richer and flavorful that I tend to use less butter overall.

MissBeeps 09-04-2013 03:38 PM

It does freeze well, I put the bricks of it in an airtight container and it lasts.... well, I don't know, around here we eat it all the time. :) At least months.

susan41 09-04-2013 03:44 PM

Best butter I've ever tasted and I've been a real butter eater for years, never fake butter in my home. I read somewhere once that margarine was a few molecules away from being plastic and that convinced me back years ago.

Thanks for the freezing info, I go south atx once a month or so... So now I know! Thanks y'all

Dottie 09-04-2013 04:28 PM

If your Kroger doesn't carry it, look for "Anchor" brand butter at walmart. Same thing - but made in New Zealand :)

susan41 09-05-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16590176)
If your Kroger doesn't carry it, look for "Anchor" brand butter at walmart. Same thing - but made in New Zealand :)

Cool to know and hi Dottie!!!

Thanks!

KeirasMom 09-06-2013 08:36 AM

I'd like to piggyback a question, if I may. I was at my local grocery store yesterday and looked for Kerrygold butter. They did not have it in bricks, but had it in a tub with something on the label about it being "naturally soft butter." Has anyone tried this, and how did it compare to the bricks? I haven't purchased either yet, and have seen the bricks at my Whole Foods, so I know I can get it there.

TIA!

ETA: This is from the kerrygold website:
"Is pure Irish butter made from only the finest quality Summer milk, and contains no added vegetable oil. The unique way in which Kerrygold softer butter is churned makes it softer and easier to spread.
Uses: Spread straight from the fridge onto fresh bread or scones, instant satisfaction!"

Dottie 09-06-2013 08:41 AM

Dawn, I found this on their site (but they also make an olive oil blend as well, so depends on which one you saw) :

The soft butter:
Is pure Irish butter made from only the finest quality Summer milk, and contains no added vegetable oil. The unique way in which Kerrygold softer butter is churned makes it softer and easier to spread.

The olive oil blend:
New Kerrygold Spreadable combines delicious Irish butter with olive oil to make it spreadable from the fridge.

KeirasMom 09-06-2013 08:43 AM

LOL, Dottie, I was editing to add the same thing, just about, while you were posting.