Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Sucralose is an artificial sweetener with zero calories, at least in liquid or pure powder form. The marketing campaign has touted that it is "made from sugar" but it is chemically altered and is many times sweeter than sugar. It's not sugar. It doesn't cause me any issues whatsoever, but YMMV.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 262/245/165
WOE: Low carb, Atkins, more H2O
Start Date: Restart 7/3/14
Welcome! Like others said sausage and bacon are fine, read labels. I don't love veggies ...I think they are soso..but will eat raw ones..but I'm not going to force it lol...why? I take my vitamins...eat more meat, enjoy your fat and for the love of God don't count calories! 2000 with 100 carbs is maintanence numbers...your could set yourself up for starvation mode ....stick with eating good fats, great meats, decadent cheeses, and what veggies you WANT...and a good vitamin and see if you like flax....one minute muffins can do it for bathroom time lol.

Eat and enjoy!!

Dear Lord, if you cant make me skinny, please make all my friends fat. Amen.
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Welcome! I can't add much to all the great info that you've already gotten here, I just wanted to say that I also don't eat vegetables on a regular basis. Once or twice a month I might, but sometimes not even that. I lose just fine without them, but I do take magnesium every day to make sure I stay "regular". You'll find what works for you as you go along, but veggies aren't necessarily necessary. Good luck!! Looking forward to following your journey!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Hey, Biggy! Like you, I love fried meats, and I've found I can still make cube steak, for example, without the flour, just fried up in some coconut oil (I use the expeller pressed so it DOESN'T taste coconutty). When your meat is fried (pork chops are good this way, too), add some heavy cream to the drippings, and stir 'til thickened. Makes and AMAZING flour and carb free pan sauce/gravy. And you can "bread" things like chicken to make strips or nuggets, or whatever in grated parm cheese to get a bit of a coating/crunch. Good luck to you!
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tymom
Stats: Big/ not so big/ small
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August (this time around)
I agree that LC can actually cost less. Not only can you find great LC items on sale and work around that (freezing good deals too), but by skipping all of the packaged (expensive) boxed stuff, you can spend less overall at the grocery store.

Get started! Have fun! and Welcome...
tymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shortcut
WOE: No grains/No starch/No sugar
Start Date: Sept 2010
Male here too. I've lost well with a very simple plan. If it has more than 5 grams of carbs per serving, I don't eat it. I pretty much stick to "no starch, no grains and no sugar". For me it keeps it simple and easy to follow.
ETA: I have been low carbing for several years and I am convinced that it is cheaper than SAD.

Last edited by shortcut; 09-07-2013 at 11:47 AM..
shortcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
I agree with all who say it can be cheaper to eat LC. As long as you stay away from the bars, shakes and LC processed products - which you don't need anyway - you're golden.

As an example, for lunch hubby and I had tuna salad made with tuna, mayo, dill pickle relish and hardboiled egg. I had mine on baby spinach, bought in bulk at Sam's Club with a slice of tomato and a glass of water.

Hubby had his on 4 slices of wheat bread with a side of chips and a gatorade. (He has an enviable metabolism and has never been overweight or had health problems).

His meal actually cost more than mine!
at_last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Biggy Fat
I thank you all for your support. I am positive I know what to do now - a simple ground beef and eggs dinner, one meal a day, with water, eat and drink until satisfied. Lather, rinse, and repeat. No need to overcomplicate things now.

When the money is right, I'm starting. Money's the only excuse I have for not starting. No others.
Biggy Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
Curious - why only one meal a day?
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Biggy Fat
One meal a day is all I really only have time for due to my work schedule. Plus I eat one big meal a day already anyway.
Biggy Fat is offline   Reply With Quote