Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gordita
Stats: HW:338 CW:250 GW:189
WOE: LCHF
Today I Overindulged/Went Off LC... (and I feel horrid)

I allowed myself some pasta, potatoes, and desserts today. It was good going down. Very good.

Two hours later I feel like I'm going to throw up.

No matter how much I overindulge on low carb, I NEVER feel like this. Interesting.

I've been very good for a very long time (months), and feel good about that. Today has helped me remember how horrid I used to feel on a continual basis, though, from the way I ate. I think I could have gotten away with a smidge of one pasta, or a bite of cake. But I truly overindulged and feel disgusting because of it.

Back on the wagon I go.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luckymuma
Stats: 96kg ( 211) start weight GOAL weight 74kg(163)
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 01 Aug 2013
Well done for stopping and being able to clearly evaluate how you were feeling and why. Half the battle right! Do you know what led you to go off plan?
luckymuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
luckymama, It's a national holiday here in the U.S. Many people have cook outs, barbecues, etc. From wikipedia re Labor Day:

"Labor Day in the United States is a holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It is a celebration of the American labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country."

Last edited by watcher513; 09-02-2013 at 11:52 PM..
watcher513 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luckymuma
Stats: 96kg ( 211) start weight GOAL weight 74kg(163)
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 01 Aug 2013
Ahhh party time then! That must be hard to be on plan if surrounded by others eating high carb treat foods
luckymuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
It's definetly a Great reminder to how you/we feel when we eat HC junk! Been there! Really Proud of you for recongizing that feeling and getting right back on track!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I know. the carbs kill me also. I feel horrible after eating alot of them. I do feel so much better on a lc lifestyle. being reminded every now and then is a good thing. You got your wake up call
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I wish I felt horrible after eating carbs. I feel fine, but just get fat.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nancy E.
Stats: 160/122/115
WOE: Low Carb - my plan - still learning
Start Date: July, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I wish I felt horrible after eating carbs. I feel fine, but just get fat.
Ditto
Nancy E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Sometimes we need reminders like that to stay the course. Back on track today, right?
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I know the feeling. I ate too many carbs over the holiday. Not even that many but too many for my body after eating really low carb for a few weeks. I had some bday cake. A little more carby food like corn and some sweets. I feel awful today. Im all puffy and retaining water. My eyes are puffy!! So im just doing protein shakes today until a small low carb dinner tonight. I might do it for a few days to get rid of this puffiness!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
I know the feeling! The sickness keeps me on track more than fear of gaining weight anymore!
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fun w son
Stats: 283/269/200
WOE: not sure?
Start Date: July 13, 2013
i did the same thing at my son's birthday party... 2 slices of pizza and a piece of cookie cake... after about an hour, i thought it was coming back up.... got rite back on the LC diet that night!
fun w son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
This is probably going to be controversial but I'm a defender of the occasional carb cheat day. Note that I said "day", not "days". All that matters is that you get back on the wagon immediately and accept that 90% of your life will be eating clean lc.

Good for you for coming back!
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gordita
Stats: HW:338 CW:250 GW:189
WOE: LCHF
Yup, it was Labor Day. We had family and friends over, were grilling out and enjoying the day.

I have enjoyed the entire summer without indulging the way I did yesterday. I don't really know why I decided to have an "off"day - but it happened. Everything tasted yummy. I had a conservative amount of the foods I would normally avoid. They were all delicious, but the horrid feeling I had after was... WOW. And to think I felt like that a lot. Now I know why.

It has happened to me a couple times where I didn't even realize I was overdoing it (once I had some wine and a dinner at a friends and I think there was hidden sugar in the chicken sauce). I felt the same way, only worse.

Today my pants feel tight, but I'm back at it with my bulletproof coffee, chicken, and faux potato (cauliflower) salad. I have no desire to dig into those leftover carby meals, thank God.
gordita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordita View Post
Yup, it was Labor Day. We had family and friends over, were grilling out and enjoying the day.

I have enjoyed the entire summer without indulging the way I did yesterday. I don't really know why I decided to have an "off"day - but it happened. Everything tasted yummy. I had a conservative amount of the foods I would normally avoid. They were all delicious, but the horrid feeling I had after was... WOW. And to think I felt like that a lot. Now I know why.

It has happened to me a couple times where I didn't even realize I was overdoing it (once I had some wine and a dinner at a friends and I think there was hidden sugar in the chicken sauce). I felt the same way, only worse.

Today my pants feel tight, but I'm back at it with my bulletproof coffee, chicken, and faux potato (cauliflower) salad. I have no desire to dig into those leftover carby meals, thank God.
Gordita (love the name btw), don't beat yourself up over your overindulgence day. This is probably LC blasphemy (what I'm about to say), but there are days when you just want to be able to be "ordinary" and have what everyone else is having, or not be the waiter interrogator -- your kid's birthday cake, a rare date with your significant other, Labor Day BBQ with your family. Josiebearly and I were discussing on another thread how family emergencies can also derail LC efforts, but it's understandable and in some cases really appropriate.

You sound like you're way on track and that LC is your new normal. WTG

Phoebe

One of the very few things we have complete control over is what we put in our mouths. Unless someone hogs us down, pries open our jaws and force feeds us, we have total and complete control of our eating.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
remember that feeling, gordita, when you are tempted

to do it again. Let this be a learning experience. I remember, a few years ago, i ate a 6 pack of sugar free klondike bars. Talk about bathroom episodes! Some lessons need to be learned the hard way. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote