Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Today I Overindulged/Went Off LC... (and I feel horrid) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811385-today-i-overindulged-went-off-lc-i-feel-horrid.html)

gordita 09-02-2013 07:52 PM

Today I Overindulged/Went Off LC... (and I feel horrid)

I allowed myself some pasta, potatoes, and desserts today. It was good going down. Very good.

Two hours later I feel like I'm going to throw up.

No matter how much I overindulge on low carb, I NEVER feel like this. Interesting.

I've been very good for a very long time (months), and feel good about that. Today has helped me remember how horrid I used to feel on a continual basis, though, from the way I ate. I think I could have gotten away with a smidge of one pasta, or a bite of cake. But I truly overindulged and feel disgusting because of it.

Back on the wagon I go.

luckymuma 09-02-2013 08:11 PM

Well done for stopping and being able to clearly evaluate how you were feeling and why. Half the battle right! Do you know what led you to go off plan?

watcher513 09-02-2013 11:51 PM

luckymama, It's a national holiday here in the U.S. Many people have cook outs, barbecues, etc. From wikipedia re Labor Day:

"Labor Day in the United States is a holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It is a celebration of the American labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country."

luckymuma 09-03-2013 12:57 AM

Ahhh party time then! That must be hard to be on plan if surrounded by others eating high carb treat foods :(

princessmommy 09-03-2013 04:10 AM

It's definetly a Great reminder to how you/we feel when we eat HC junk! Been there! Really Proud of you for recongizing that feeling and getting right back on track!

Trigger828 09-03-2013 04:19 AM

I know. the carbs kill me also. I feel horrible after eating alot of them. I do feel so much better on a lc lifestyle. being reminded every now and then is a good thing. You got your wake up call :)

suzanneyea 09-03-2013 05:37 AM

I wish I felt horrible after eating carbs. I feel fine, but just get fat.

Nancy E. 09-03-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanneyea (Post 16587261)
I wish I felt horrible after eating carbs. I feel fine, but just get fat.

Ditto

FitMommyNow 09-03-2013 06:19 AM

Sometimes we need reminders like that to stay the course. Back on track today, right? :)

itsmeshelly01 09-03-2013 06:25 AM

I know the feeling. I ate too many carbs over the holiday. Not even that many but too many for my body after eating really low carb for a few weeks. I had some bday cake. A little more carby food like corn and some sweets. I feel awful today. Im all puffy and retaining water. My eyes are puffy!! So im just doing protein shakes today until a small low carb dinner tonight. I might do it for a few days to get rid of this puffiness!!

erinmarie 09-03-2013 07:21 AM

I know the feeling! The sickness keeps me on track more than fear of gaining weight anymore!

fun w son 09-03-2013 08:46 AM

i did the same thing at my son's birthday party... 2 slices of pizza and a piece of cookie cake... after about an hour, i thought it was coming back up.... got rite back on the LC diet that night!

Olive 09-03-2013 08:56 AM

This is probably going to be controversial but I'm a defender of the occasional carb cheat day. Note that I said "day", not "days". :) All that matters is that you get back on the wagon immediately and accept that 90% of your life will be eating clean lc.

Good for you for coming back!

gordita 09-03-2013 09:06 AM

Yup, it was Labor Day. We had family and friends over, were grilling out and enjoying the day.

I have enjoyed the entire summer without indulging the way I did yesterday. I don't really know why I decided to have an "off"day - but it happened. Everything tasted yummy. I had a conservative amount of the foods I would normally avoid. They were all delicious, but the horrid feeling I had after was... WOW. And to think I felt like that a lot. Now I know why.

It has happened to me a couple times where I didn't even realize I was overdoing it (once I had some wine and a dinner at a friends and I think there was hidden sugar in the chicken sauce). I felt the same way, only worse.

Today my pants feel tight, but I'm back at it with my bulletproof coffee, chicken, and faux potato (cauliflower) salad. I have no desire to dig into those leftover carby meals, thank God.

Olive 09-03-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordita (Post 16587653)
Yup, it was Labor Day. We had family and friends over, were grilling out and enjoying the day.

I have enjoyed the entire summer without indulging the way I did yesterday. I don't really know why I decided to have an "off"day - but it happened. Everything tasted yummy. I had a conservative amount of the foods I would normally avoid. They were all delicious, but the horrid feeling I had after was... WOW. And to think I felt like that a lot. Now I know why.

It has happened to me a couple times where I didn't even realize I was overdoing it (once I had some wine and a dinner at a friends and I think there was hidden sugar in the chicken sauce). I felt the same way, only worse.

Today my pants feel tight, but I'm back at it with my bulletproof coffee, chicken, and faux potato (cauliflower) salad. I have no desire to dig into those leftover carby meals, thank God.

Gordita (love the name btw), don't beat yourself up over your overindulgence day. This is probably LC blasphemy (what I'm about to say), but there are days when you just want to be able to be "ordinary" and have what everyone else is having, or not be the waiter interrogator -- your kid's birthday cake, a rare date with your significant other, Labor Day BBQ with your family. Josiebearly and I were discussing on another thread how family emergencies can also derail LC efforts, but it's understandable and in some cases really appropriate.

You sound like you're way on track and that LC is your new normal. WTG :console:

flatferenghi 09-05-2013 03:46 PM

remember that feeling, gordita, when you are tempted

to do it again. Let this be a learning experience. I remember, a few years ago, i ate a 6 pack of sugar free klondike bars. Talk about bathroom episodes! Some lessons need to be learned the hard way. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI