Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Make ahead meals to keep me on track (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811236-make-ahead-meals-keep-me-track.html)

ArdMaine 09-01-2013 09:20 AM

Make ahead meals to keep me on track

Good Morning Everyone.

My daughter and I have been embracing the Lowcarb Lifestyle for a month now. She's 16 and has lost 12Lb I'm 39 (really) and have lost 9Lb.:love:

It really helps us stay on track and make good food choices when I Prep some meals ahead. Today I will roast a whole chicken, Make a Sausage quiche and boil some eggs. I will also prep some Cole Slaw and a green bean salad. Possibly I will make a beef soup, but may put that off to Tuesday.

What are you prepping to keep you on track?

kimmarie 09-01-2013 09:28 AM

Yesterday I made a ground beef, onion, tomato, cabbage stirfry type dish. I also made chicken fajita mixture, cauli/broccoli salad and some LC coleslaw. I already have some chicken muffins in the freezer, some cooked bacon and some boiled eggs in the fridge. I am good to go!

Trigger828 09-01-2013 09:36 AM

I'll bite. Kimmarie, what is a chicken muffin? :)

ArdMaine 09-01-2013 10:01 AM

Yes, Chicken Muffin sounds interesting!!

MtherGoos 09-01-2013 10:01 AM

I always cook up a big batch of bacon to have in the refrig, get a meatloaf all mixed up and ready to pop in the oven, cut up veggies, grate cheese, prepare hamburger patties to throw on the grill, and mix up a big batch of tuna so I can just throw some in a bowl to take for lunch during the week.

kimmarie 09-01-2013 10:09 AM

Chicken muffins are a variation of the tuna muffins that are on Linda Sue's website. I also make the tuna muffins. I like them for lunch. The chicken muffins have shredded chicken ( I use canned from Costco), shredded cheddar, eggs, onion, red pepper, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Put in sprayed muffin tin and bake at 350 for 30 min . Good with hot sauce!

Chocolate Rose 09-01-2013 10:10 AM

I've got a bunch of thighs marinating right now to make Asian Chicken Thighs from nom nom paleo. Those will be lunches and probably a couple of dinners this week.
Dh will be grilling a bunch of pork ribs later today. This will also be dinners this coming week.

I usually make a pan of Inside Out Scotch Eggs or Crustless Quiche for my weekday morning breakfasts, but last week I just ate a small handful of macadamias and a mug of bullet proof broth each weekday morning. Going to try that again this week.
And, I usually make a big pot of bone broth on Sunday's for the week, but am taking a break this week and will be using store-bought organic broth this week. (I will be saving the thigh bones for broth next week, though).

That's it for today, unless I come across an interesting recipe in my blog browsing today.

pickles1010 09-02-2013 11:17 AM

Hi all.
Not to butt into the conversation, I am mostly lurking. As of now I have a bunch of Burgers in the smoker, Gr.B. was on sale at $ 1.99lb- 20%.
Split-Chicken breasts were $0.88 lb. So I skin and bone them and smoke some also. The rest go in freezer. I prepp a lot of veggies so I don't have to do the same chores every day.I cook a Roast ( Beef or Pork ) and slice some thin for roll ups, cube some, store in freezer for quick snacks or meals.
I also cook ground beef for quick tacos or Linda's many different hamburger Pie's.
This may sound like a lot of work but if you work and have to cook for a family its heaven to not be tempted to stop and get fast food, cheaper too.

tandc90 09-02-2013 04:03 PM

I generally cook more than we need so we can eat leftovers. Hubby's good that way. Mostly what I actually prep ahead is veggies because I hate...well, prepping, lol....them. Once I've prepped them I like to cook a big pile at once. I did this before LC too just because I don't like being in the kitchen. Well, unless I'm eating, lol.

ArdMaine 09-03-2013 03:49 AM

I also mixed up a nice container of chicken salad and made the Beef stew yeaterday as it was rainy.

fun w son 09-03-2013 08:31 AM

i will lite the grill on sunday afternoon and grill enough for my wife and i to have dinners at work for the week..... better than $20 a day for meals at work!

GailyGail 09-03-2013 08:57 AM

I have chicken breasts marinating in an Asian low-carb marinade. I also make the Barefoot Contessa's Herb Dip to have with low carb veggies like cucumber, celery and radishes when I feel like snacking. I also brew sugar-free iced-tea. Hope everyone has a great week!

emel 09-03-2013 09:05 AM

I roast a good-sized eye of round.
For dinners, it's good with a veg with butter or oil. Sometimes I make hollandaise and pour it over everything.
For breakfast, I like a couple slices with a couple of fried eggs
For lunch, it goes on my salad with a little cheese, dressing, and olive oil.
For snacks, I'll grab a cold piece of it alone or with some veg sticks or an ounce of cheese or a little mayo.

mimivac 09-03-2013 09:46 AM

Just got back from vacation and spent a few hours yesterday cooking for the week: Rib eye steak with soy sauce/onion marinade; tuna steaks with seasame seed/wasabi crust; fresh tomato sauce with butter and goat cheese; marinaded mushrooms with viniagerette; crispy bacon slices. The week is set!

gordita 09-03-2013 10:28 AM

Great ideas. I often will make a bigger batch of something, and put it in containers to take to work for the week. Leftovers are my friend. I often freeze meals, too. One hard part about LC in my opinion, is that the grab and go food isn't as easy, so planning is essential.