Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   It's been a year, so why not some progress pictures? 121 pounds down so far (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811115-its-been-year-so-why-not-some-progress-pictures-121-pounds-down-so-far.html)

cleochatra 08-30-2013 03:41 PM

It's been a year, so why not some progress pictures? 121 pounds down so far

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't been perfect, but I've stayed the course. Could I have lost more? For sure. Would I have loved this way of eating? Pffft. I have learned to embrace progress over perfection. And here I am a year later! I am thrilled.

I used to own a site, but I sold it to head back to school to realize some new dreams and to make more change in the world from my own little corner. I have no regrets, and two books (unrelated to cooking) I collaborated with Random House on are hitting bookstores this year. Life is filled with so many terrific adventures!

Yeah, I'm nobody special, but I'm hoping my work in low carb in the last year or so might inspire someone who's been stuck for awhile, someone who has a long way to go, or someone who's just having a crummy day.

You're worth it, and while a year sounds like a long time, in 365 days, you're going to be somewhere; why not a lesser version of yourself? I have a long way to go, but I'll get there; you will, too!

Olive 08-30-2013 03:44 PM

Jamie, that is INSANE. You don't even look like the same person. Not even RELATED to the person you were a year ago.

You inspire me all the time here!! WTG! :heart:

Dottie 08-30-2013 03:45 PM

Wow you look like a different person! Your face is so sculpted and, not that you weren't pretty before, it's just a different pretty lol :) (I know you know what I mean).
Good going and what an inspiration :)

cleochatra 08-30-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olive (Post 16582264)
Jamie, that is INSANE. You don't even look like the same person. Not even RELATED to the person you were a year ago.

You inspire me all the time here!! WTG! :heart:

Thank you so much, Olive! You are such a sweetheart. I sometimes forget to gauge progress, and I have to slap my face and remind myself that a whole lot of health problems went away with those 121 pounds so far.

:hugs:

Quote:

Wow you look like a different person! Your face is so sculpted and, not that you weren't pretty before, it's just a different pretty lol (I know you know what I mean).
Good going and what an inspiration
You are pretty. I have a face for comedy. Thank you for being so generous with your kindness!

princessmommy 08-30-2013 03:52 PM

Wowza! You look Awesome! And You're someone special to Us!!

Ylodazy 08-30-2013 03:56 PM

Downright Inspiratinal

Thank you so much for sharing. You are definitely SOMEBODY.

Anonymousity 08-30-2013 04:05 PM

WoW!

You are such an inspiration!

suzanneyea 08-30-2013 04:06 PM

Wow! I did not even know you were losing. I always thought you were at goal. You look amazing.

cleochatra 08-30-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmommy (Post 16582270)

Oh, now. :o I am pretty laid back about this stuff, but I am kind of excited, too. It goes against my INFJ nature to say, "Look at me!" I don't particularly like being the center of attention, but I do like to help.

Quote:

Thank you so much for sharing. You are definitely SOMEBODY.
Thanks for being so sweet!

Quote:

WoW!

You are such an inspiration!
Thank you! I have a ways to go, but I'm really happy to be where I am today, too.

Quote:

Wow! I did not even know you were losing. I always thought you were at goal. You look amazing.
Thank you!~ No, if I was at goal, I'd be sharing pictures of myself in a bikini (with a lot of duct tape holding everything in)! :laugh:

DiamondDeb 08-30-2013 04:17 PM

What a huge difference, Jamie! Congrats on your success so far. KUTGW!

Julie1972 08-30-2013 04:18 PM

Congrats! Amazing progress!!

rotay60 08-30-2013 04:23 PM

Wow, what a big difference. You look awesome. Congrats on the loss so far.

teri f 08-30-2013 06:47 PM

Jamie you look fabulous! You are an inspiration and your recipes are the bomb!

rubidoux 08-30-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanneyea (Post 16582290)

Me, too! You look like you must be tiny in your avatar. 120 pounds is absolutely amazing! And I cannot wait to see those bikini shots! :cool:

GailyGail 08-31-2013 05:47 AM

Jamie, you are absolutely gorgeous and I agree with Teri -- your recipes are outstanding. Thank you for being a great inspiration and guide for the low carb community.

Gabby1 08-31-2013 05:47 AM

She invented the Oopsie rolls, among many other fabulous recipes.

Cleochatra/Jamie- I know you don't know me from Adam but I think you are a brave and hardworking and generous person. Thanks for all you do for this community.
We all have our struggles in this life. I hope yours is full of peace and fulfillment.

Gabby

BulldogMom 08-31-2013 06:08 AM

You look amazing! And you are someone special! For every one person that is responding to your post, there are probably a hundred more just browsing it. You are an inspiration to so many people.

ArdMaine 08-31-2013 06:15 AM

You lost weight and YEARS too. I'm so very proud of you.

clackley 08-31-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmommy (Post 16582270)

Took the words right out of my mouth!! Love you Jamie!! You have contributed more than you will ever know.

baileygirl3 08-31-2013 07:10 AM

Wow, you look so different!!! Congrats!!!

Arctic_Mama 08-31-2013 11:00 AM

Your JAWLINE! Wow! You look so sculpted and lovely.

DeltaSierra 08-31-2013 11:52 AM

You're doing fantastic Jamie and you are definitely an inspiration to many, myself included :)

adiasmc1 08-31-2013 12:47 PM

Really impressive, Jamie! And thanks so much for all your delicious contributions! KUTGW!

Erin57 08-31-2013 01:16 PM

You look fantastic Jamie! I'm so glad to see you back and posting here. I have missed your insight and humor.

tobelowcarber 08-31-2013 01:48 PM

What a beautiful transformation Jamie!

Love your oopsie rolls :heart:

Nancy E. 08-31-2013 02:00 PM

I used tons of your recipes, loved your wonderful sense of humor so always followed your posts, and then see a beautiful face finally, you are true inspiration. You go girl!

2kids2cats 08-31-2013 02:18 PM

You look mah-velous!

10Poppies 08-31-2013 02:21 PM

You look really beautiful, and are very inspiring. 121 lbs in one year? It's great to know we can achieve those kinds of results.

Also:

Quote:

Oh, now. I am pretty laid back about this stuff, but I am kind of excited, too. It goes against my INFJ nature to say, "Look at me!" I don't particularly like being the center of attention, but I do like to help.
I'm an IMFJ too. :)

flatferenghi 08-31-2013 03:35 PM

Cleo,"Night & Day, u are the one"

what a dramatic difference! and u ARE special! My next weigh-in will be next Fri or Sat. As long as the #s go down, however long it takes. To get obsessed over the #s is the key to disaster. Focus on enjoying the program, and know that you are an inspiration and delight to us all. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

jeaniem 08-31-2013 03:43 PM

Wow you are a beautiful lady inside and out:)