Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Bulletproof - Dave Asprey (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/811104-bulletproof-dave-asprey.html)

393743 08-30-2013 03:13 PM

Bulletproof - Dave Asprey

I've been watching a 3 day seminar online by Dave Asprey. I'm actually shocked I haven't heard of him before. His bulletproof diet and more so, his bulletproof coffee has me intrigued. People are reportedly dropping pounds like crazy on this super high fat high calorie coffee. Not to mention all the body hacks, and the increased mental and physical performance and overall health. Has anyone here heard of this or even tried it?? :)

Dottie 08-30-2013 03:14 PM

Search this site for "bulletproof" or "BPC" and you'll find a lot of posts.

Patience 08-30-2013 04:05 PM

Lots of us here drink BPC, or variations on the theme.
I mix my coffee with some combination of coconut oil or MCT oil/butter/HWC - (heavy weight cream) . . . mixed up with a frother. It has a lot of staying power, very satiating. It's not a magic bullet for me, I am losing weight but slowly, but it's my turn-to drink nowadays

Stevie Renee 08-30-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16582110)

threadjack...lovely to see you Dottie after all these years:)

Dottie 08-30-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie Renee (Post 16582207)
threadjack...lovely to see you Dottie after all these years:)

Thank you:)

stawalke 08-30-2013 06:14 PM

I drink them and I LOVE them! I made 12 oz of coffee and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and butter. i also add one packet of splenda and a splash of vanilla extract. I blend it in a personal blender. Very good!

393743 08-31-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 16582110)

I did that, but didn't get threads related to bulletproof. Maybe I don't know how to use the search function. ;)

I'll keep searching, nice to know there has been some chatter here about it, as I'd like to hear more about real experiences with it.

Dottie 08-31-2013 08:14 AM

Oh, yeah you have to use the advanced options lol.
Search "bullet + proof" (2 word searches need the " "and + between the words) and from "any date."
Search bulletproof (no") and "any date" and you will get a lot as well.

Patience 08-31-2013 08:34 AM

Dottie, Do you really mean "and +", or just + as in your example, or maybe we can use + or and? I've wondering about the terms before.

Search "bullet + proof" (2 word searches need the " "and + between the words)

Dottie 08-31-2013 08:40 AM

"bullet + proof" is the exact search for these 2 words:)
It applies to any 2 word search the same way:)

Patience 08-31-2013 08:43 AM

thanks for that clarification . . . I need to use it three times, like a new word, so I don't forget . . . but on second thought a post-it note would be easier

Josh1234 08-31-2013 09:49 AM

I am curious. How many people purchase his upgraded products?

393743 08-31-2013 10:23 AM

I purchased the upgraded coffee and mct oil yesterday. I figured if I'm going to try it, I might as well try it as recommened. Especially since he said it basically doesn't work using subpar coffee. From there I can at least do a comparrison myself.

Aomiel 09-01-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 393743 (Post 16583163)
I purchased the upgraded coffee and mct oil yesterday. I figured if I'm going to try it, I might as well try it as recommened. Especially since he said it basically doesn't work using subpar coffee. From there I can at least do a comparrison myself.

Yeah well...he does have to sell coffee. I use Dunkin Donuts coffee because it's the only kind I like and I wasn't even trying to lose any more weight. Over the last couple of weeks I've dropped 5 more pounds. Wait...make that 5.5 since I just got back from a 3 day vacation and stepped on the scale to find I'm another half pound down.

I seriously doubt it's the coffee that makes the difference and has more to do with the fat.

Dottie 09-01-2013 08:20 AM

lol yes, he's selling his product, so of course it's "better" ;)

cfine 09-01-2013 09:39 AM

I can honestly say that drinking BPC makes a difference for me. I will get out of the habit of drinking it, my weightless will stall, I will start back on it, and BAM...I will lose two pounds overnight! Think I will go and make myself a cup now .

RDBhan 09-01-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 393743 (Post 16583163)

I definitely note a difference when I use upgraded coffee vs regular coffee beans from whole foods or fairway. It's probably in my head, but I've been drinking BPC with upgraded coffee, upgrade MCT oil, and Kerry gold for a few months and if I switch out to another coffee I just don't feel the same. My $0.02 and as my wife says, there's a reasonable chance I'm just crazy.

erinmarie 09-01-2013 11:24 AM

Box is my obsession as well... Move over Starbucks! No thanks.... It seems to work and its luxurious and delicious

solarpluvia 09-01-2013 02:08 PM

I think the fat makes more difference than the coffee. We use instant coffee (really great organic instant) to make BPC, and have lost. But we also use at least organic and sometimes pastured butter.

finallylosing 09-01-2013 03:49 PM

I have read so much about this and would love to try but I can't stand coffee! Anyone know if you could do something similar with cocoa or something else? Oh, and I don't do tea either.

2bfitb440 09-01-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finallylosing (Post 16584982)
I have read so much about this and would love to try but I can't stand coffee! Anyone know if you could do something similar with cocoa or something else? Oh, and I don't do tea either.

Curious if there is an alternate to coffee. I love tea but not a coffee drinker.

glennjones 09-01-2013 04:38 PM

I posted this in another thread but it holds true here as well:
I tried it before just by putting a tbsp of coconut oil in my coffee along with the hwc but it was like an oil slick on my lips - after reading about blending to emulsify it I just tried again - I LOVE it now and added Kerrygold butter too!

coffeegirl 09-04-2013 03:50 PM

Subbing....very interesting!

dawnyama 09-04-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 393743 (Post 16582980)
I did that, but didn't get threads related to bulletproof. Maybe I don't know how to use the search function. ;)

I'll keep searching, nice to know there has been some chatter here about it, as I'd like to hear more about real experiences with it.

i searched "bulletproof coffee" and lots of threads came up. Here are a few:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...of-coffee.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...yesterday.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...of-coffee.html

and these from the recipe forum:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...of-coffee.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...of-coffee.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ee-recipe.html

evas 09-04-2013 05:08 PM

I drink bulletproof coffee every morning instead of eating breakfast. I don't follow the rest of his diet though (I haven't even looked into it actually), I follow a ketogenic diet instead. I absolutely love my BP coffee! I drink it around 8am and it keeps me full until lunch around noon or 1pm. The times that I have stopped drinking it I have stalled. However, for the record, during those times I was also not following my keto diet closely either so that may have more to do with my stall than the BP coffee....

evas 09-04-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bfitb440 (Post 16584992)
Curious if there is an alternate to coffee. I love tea but not a coffee drinker.

I don't think it really matters. The whole idea is to be getting a decent dose of those good fats (hence the coconut oil) but I can't imagine coffee or tea makes a difference; It's not like coffee has any magical weight loss components or else all of us coffee drinkers would not be overweight :laugh:

emel 09-04-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bfitb440 (Post 16584992)

Bulletproof broth. It's really good.
I use 2-3 tsp good butter and 1-2 tsp HWC. I like chicken broth the best, but beef works, too.

AnnetteW 09-04-2013 05:34 PM

I prefer a BPC for an occasional afternoon snack. I do 1T butter, 1-2T HWC, a bit of MCT oil and a good splash of Torani syrup, ~ 2cups worth of coffee.

I can't do it as a meal though, too much oil goes right through me.:sick:

Nelle Belle 09-04-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emel (Post 16590175)
Bulletproof broth. It's really good.
I use 2-3 tsp good butter and 1-2 tsp HWC. I like chicken broth the best, but beef works, too.

I bet this would be good with some parm cheese if using chicken broth

2bfitb440 09-04-2013 10:07 PM

I'm gonna try it with tea and the broth and see what happens. Thanks for the info!