Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Stefaniemai
Insanity and low carbs??

Okay. I eat about 30/50 carbs a day. I was wondering if I could do insanity with that amount of carbs because I hear you shouldn't do insanity with low carb but low carb is the only way I can lose weight.
Stefaniemai is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
I have no idea what your question means, but I wanted to welcome you to LCF!
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Is it a workout? If so, I don't think there's any kind of work out that should be precluded by low carb. I know I have much more energy for working out when I'm in ketosis. I think serious athletes who do sprinting-type races find that their times are a little off if they're not eating carbs, but other than that I don't think there's an issue.

You may have to tell us what this insanity is.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefaniemai View Post
Okay. I eat about 30/50 carbs a day. I was wondering if I could do insanity with that amount of carbs because I hear you shouldn't do insanity with low carb but low carb is the only way I can lose weight.
Mainstream media/trainers/nutritionists ALWAYS start their plans with: "carbs are fuel. You can't do a workout without fuel, so eat carbs." This notion makes me slap my forehead in frustration. When you are on a low carb diet, fat becomes the fuel, you don't need the carbs anymore.

I was down to my goal weight last year eating around 50 carbs per day and doing crossfit, heavy weight training, MMA, uphill sprints, plyometrics, you NAME IT and my performance level went WAY up, not down. I was at the correct weight, I had tons of energy, and I was in shape. If I was eating my 'healthy whole grains' like a good little sheep, I have no dout I would have been fatter, sluggish, and slow. to the "carbs are fuel" theory.

I say GO FOR IT!!! But don't be ashamed to hit "pause" and rest at first even though he says not to. It's a tough workout. Also check out Rushfit or P90X if you like workout videos. They are good as well.
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RDBhan
Stats: (198) 190/155 5'10"
WOE: Protein Power; Maintenance since 8/11
Start Date: June 2002, refocus 1/2011
I have done P90X, Insanity, P90X/Insanity hybrid, Les Mills Combat, and Les Mills Pump on a strict low carb diet with less than 30 Net carbs per day. Go ahead and push play. Good luck.
RDBhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
My daughter just completed her third round of Insanity and, while she doesn't specifically follow a low carb plan, she does follow a clean eating plan and eats very few carbs. She's down 130 pounds in less than a year!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
I've always wanted to try Insanity so you'll have to keep us updated on how it is. I've been doing the c25k program since July and keep my carbs under 20 a day. If I find that I'm hungrier later in the day, then I add a few more veggies at dinner. But I think I run better when I don't have the carb bloat slowing me down.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote