Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SC80075
Stats: 304/291.4/140
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 08/13/13
1 thing I want to accomplish this week ...

I thought it might be a fun topic to list one thing that we will commit to accomplishing this week that we CAN control. Obviously we all want to stay on our respective plans, and of course we want to lose pounds or inches, but despite our best efforts in staying on plan the weight loss doesn't cooperate. Is there any one goal that you would be willing to commit to that you yourself can control? it can be something small like getting the laundry all caught up, or something more challenging like accomplishing a fitness routine, etc.

Since today is Wednesday, we should aim this week to completing our goal by Saturday of next week -- the 9/7/13.

My goal for this week would be accomplishing 10 minutes on the elliptical trainer. I have been focusing on the treadmill, and I'm getting pretty good on that, but I want to start working with the elliptical now, and I keep putting it off. So, by Saturday, 9/7/13, I want to build up to 10 minutes on the elliptical.

Anyone else want to join in? Then on Saturday, we can log on and say if we accomplished that goal and set another?

What do you think?

Stacie
SC80075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Love it.

From here to Saturday, want to eat very high fat and very low carb (less than 14 net carbs every day).
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I'm in! My goal is to organize my bar materials and get started on my studying. Just getting started will feel like a big accomplishment.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:38 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RhondaC
Stats: 5'9" 240.5/227.8/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/1/14
Good idea!

I have a good one! I'm going on a cruise this Saturday, and will be back the next Sunday. I'm going to try my best to stay on plan. But, since I know it will be hard, I'm giving myself one off-plan treat each day.

So, the thing I want to accomplish this week, is to only have ONE off-plan thing each day. Might be a pi˝a colada by the pool, or a dessert with dinner, or a yummy local food on one of the islands.

Wish me luck!
RhondaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for joining in This could be a lot of fun . Wow, Jayne -- studying for the bar? How exciting! That's a great goal. .

Rhonda, I am seriously jealous -- a cruise sounds fantastic right about now . That is a great goal -- I wish you luck because I know there all kinds of scrumptious, yummy things that I personally could get in so much trouble with ...

I hope you have a fantastic time!

Olive-- sounds like we have similar goals as far as eating -- I am staying way low on my carbs, but I am not eating enough fat -- old habits die hard I guess. I definitely need to up my fat intake at least a little. My ex-husband just had a major heart-attack and needed quadruple bypass -- makes me nervous about eating fat even though my cholesterol is fantastic. I've been reading and reading research, and I do believe that I need more fat in my diet, but I almost never eat anything fatty. LOL -- hard to believe considering I weigh almost 300 pounds, I know. My downfall is always the sweets. Good luck on your goal this week!

Stacie
Old 08-29-2013, 04:34 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RhondaC
Stats: 5'9" 240.5/227.8/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC80075 View Post
but I almost never eat anything fatty. LOL -- hard to believe considering I weigh almost 300 pounds, I know. My downfall is always the sweets. Good luck on your goal this week!

Stacie
No Stacie, you do NOT weigh "almost 300 pounds", you weigh "200-something"!

Now, your goal for the weekend is to have a nice, fatty, ribeye with a big pat of garlic butter on top, with a side of broccoli with cheese melted on it! Yummy!
RhondaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Stacie, I'll join you on your elliptical goal . . . if you don't mind me being a copycat.

To me, staying on plan is more controllable than weight loss so that is where I put my psychic energy. It takes a while to wrap the old head around fat helping, but many of us find it to be true, up to a degree that varies a lot among us. Don't mean to sound like a scientis this a.m., which I am surely not!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
What a great thread! Thanks for starting it.

I'm currently recovering from two set backs, some negative comments from others with respect to me finally acheiving my weight loss goals after a lot of hard work to get there, and also the flu which has put me off my maintenance plan. So my goal for this week is to try to get my "head" back in the game. They say that losing the weight isn't the hard part and that maintaining it is. I think I am finding that this is very true.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Something I need to do this week is scroll back my bedtime and get up earlier so I will be fit to send the kids off to school.
It's going to be a nightmare!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: monees lc
Stats: 187./170/145
WOE: atkins
Start Date: March 2008
this week my goal was to get re-acquainted with my treadmill when it was too hot to walk the track at the park or forest preserve. I did it one day and have outdoor plans for two days up to Saturday, Goal if no outdoors workout, then get it done at home, in the basement, with the spiders,,,, see why it's hard
monees lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/142.5/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
You must have read my mind, laundry was piling up so right now half done. My goal is to finish it including ironing. At the same time I get in the exercise going up and down the stairs every time that timer goes off. And every time I go down I do 100 steps on my stepper. That's what is called "Kill two birds with one shot"
Romy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Still not on the elliptical, but the week is still young, er not so much.
It's friggen hot where I am this. Thought I was getting heat stroke working a bit in the yard. Now consuming lots of water and a bit of extra salt.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Claire430
Stats: (highest wt. 194) 162/144.2/140 5'4
WOE: LCHF/IF
Start Date: restart 1/3/2014
My goal this week is to have an "entire" week on-plan. I have been trying to get back on track for months now. I usually go two or three days on plan and then something happens and I go and eat something I shouldn't. With a holiday weekend coming up and several parties to attend it may be difficult, but I have committed to staying the course. I have to keep telling myself that it is easier once I have a whole week down and after two weeks the cravings won't be there anymore.
Claire430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UghNowWhat
Going to stop messing around and eating stupid things and actually get back in ketosis. Bad stuff happened last week, I'm mostly over it...need to get back to my 2-3lb loss a week.
UghNowWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I missed 2 days at the gym, but came back with a vengeance tonight! I didn't quiet make my 10 minutes on the elliptical, BUT, I had already done 1.75 miles on the treadmill. I made right at 8 minutes. I LOVED it. My legs feel super excellent right now. I've also upped my water today, so I think there is hope that the 280s could be lurking in a day or two once all the muscles settle ... It's only been going on 3 weeks in the making...

The challenge is on, everyone. I'm almost definitely going to make my 10 minutes on the elliptical this week -- I'll try again tomorrow. How's everyone else's goals going so far?

Stacie
Old 08-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Did very high fat today (loads of HWC and butter, olive oil and avocado). Wish I'd eaten less carbs though -- around 17 net.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Something I need to do this week is scroll back my bedtime and get up earlier so I will be fit to send the kids off to school.
It's going to be a nightmare!
Omg, I'm so worried about this, too. Ugh. My older son's school starts so early. I don't understand why they do this to us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire430 View Post
My goal this week is to have an "entire" week on-plan. I have been trying to get back on track for months now. I usually go two or three days on plan and then something happens and I go and eat something I shouldn't.
I'm having the same problem. I just had a great four days on plan and was just about to get back to my low weight (.4 pounds away from it) and then had a crappy day today and ate pretty badly. Gah! I have been doing this over and over, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC80075 View Post
I missed 2 days at the gym, but came back with a vengeance tonight! I didn't quiet make my 10 minutes on the elliptical, BUT, I had already done 1.75 miles on the treadmill. I made right at 8 minutes. I LOVED it. My legs feel super excellent right now. I've also upped my water today, so I think there is hope that the 280s could be lurking in a day or two once all the muscles settle ... It's only been going on 3 weeks in the making...

The challenge is on, everyone. I'm almost definitely going to make my 10 minutes on the elliptical this week -- I'll try again tomorrow. How's everyone else's goals going so far?

Stacie
Woo hoo! Good news!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Well, shoot. I guess I'm going to have to get a new goal, because I COMPLETED mine this week. I'm exhausted, but I did indeed do 10 minutes on the elliptical (and the stupid thing kept putting resistance on, and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off). I did .35 miles in 10 minutes and then walked 1.67 miles on the treadmill -- so I did over 2 miles again today. I'm tired, but I can't get the smile off my face.

Any updates from anyone else?

Stacie
Old 08-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UghNowWhat
Congrats. I reached mine as well. Back in ketosis for the first time in a week or so and it feels good except for the crashing.
UghNowWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:39 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Great job! I hate that crashing -- I literally felt sick for about 4 days ... it was horrible. But, now, I feel like I can think clearer, I'm not having daily headaches (just realized this one) and overall, I do have more energy. I am, however, very sick of my scale -- quiet angry at it actually, and am considering just how much damage can be done to the glass and metal piece of junk. I think I'm going to have to join the thread about working out stopping my weight loss, because I've been at this nearly 3 weeks and I can't get past 291.2 for more than a few minutes, apparently.
Good luck everyone getting your goals done -- please check in when you do

Stacie
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
I crashed early last night and got up at 8:30.
I have 3 more morning to get to 7:15.

I also have to do some labeling and sharpen 10 million pencils this weekend.

Think I'm going to try for 7:50 tomorrow morning!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote