Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 03:24 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/142.5/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
This is the first time that I can say that I have never been hungry following this woe. I did experience, one day only that I went for snacking more often. But I solved that problem, I put all my allowed snacks in a bowl and would pick from that. That day was raining cats and dogs, so my hunger was from boredom and not because I was hungry. I eat a small snack in the afternoon when I don't have too much for lunch.
I don't stuff myself, I eat until I am satisfied.
Romy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
This is the first time that I can say that I have never been hungry following this woe. I did experience, one day only that I went for snacking more often. But I solved that problem, I put all my allowed snacks in a bowl and would pick from that. That day was raining cats and dogs, so my hunger was from boredom and not because I was hungry. I eat a small snack in the afternoon when I don't have too much for lunch.
I don't stuff myself, I eat until I am satisfied.

Same here. I don't get hungry, which is critical due to the history of bingeing. Not being hungry keeps cravings off like a light switch.
I dont eat until stuffed, but until I am satisfied.

I can lose because I can stay satiated on a low amount of calories, if I choose the right food combinations. I eat between 1050-1450 naturally. I'm usually at around 1325 or so. But, if I am having a hungry day, I eat more.

All this to say Jeanie that perhaps if you experimented with your protein/fat/carb ratios, you may fing you are fully sated on less calories.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Natalia
How long did it take for your binge urges to subside? Can you give me a sample of how you eat during the day? Do you find that tracking the calories influences your binge tendencies at all?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Jeanie- my plan wouldn't work well for you, because I get satiated from fat, and for you it's protein.
It took me about 3 days to get out of binge mode.
I have had one mini- binge or overeating episode. It was all LCHF foods.
I identified it was from a trigger (sweetened cream cheese) which I stopped eating and haven't binged since.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Jeanie- my plan wouldn't work well for you, because I get satiated from fat, and for you it's protein.
It took me about 3 days to get out of binge mode.
I have had one mini- binge or overeating episode. It was all LCHF foods.
I identified it was from a trigger (sweetened cream cheese) which I stopped eating and haven't binged since.
What percentage of fat do you eat?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: teri f
Stats: 203/127/125
WOE: High fat VLC
Start Date: Original start: January 3, 2001. Restart 6/18/2007
Ntombi nailed it. I don't stuff myself when I eat. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm no longer hungry. I don't eat at certain times of the day because it is breakfast lunch or dinner either. I eat very high fat and low, low carbs so I don't have blood sugar surges and insulin swings. As others have suggested, you might find it easier and more tolerable to lose if you eat very clean. I find it much more tolerable for ME to not have to weigh, measure and portion foods. When I do that I find food and thoughts of food dominate my thinking. Food is fuel for me, not entertainment. I try to get as much nutritional bang for my buck as I can. The secret is finding what works and is sustainable for you. So many people get all caught up in what they think they "should" do.

DiamondDeb brought up a great point about processed foods. Eliminating processed junk and treats has gone a long well in helping me not crave stuff and I just feel better overall. Might be worth a try for you? Good luck!
Dr. William Castelli, a director of the Framingham Heart Study, (the longest running heart disease study), declared: "In Framingham, Mass, the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower the person's serum cholesterol...we found that the people who ate the most cholesterol,ate the most saturated fat, ate the most calories, weighed the least, and were the most physically active"
teri f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Quote:
Food is fuel for me, not entertainment. I try to get as much nutritional bang for my buck as I can.
Completely agree.
peanutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
What percentage of fat do you eat?
When I do LC, its usually between 65-70%.
Right now, I'm doing a modified fat fast, so its higher. Around 80%.

Tracking calories doesnt make me bingey because I'm really tracking carbs and ratios. The calories get tracked automatically and they are front and center. \but like I say, I never get concerned about being "over" or "under". I just eat when I am on the cusp of hunger, and stop when I am satisfied.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I know some hunger between meals is normal. What I don't understand is how some people here continue to lose weight if they are always full. I don't think about binging when I am full, but if I eat to full I maintain my weight and don't lose. The cutting back on food to lose is where I get into trouble. I am on thyroid meds and my levels are good.
It is because some people are "deeper" in ketosis. Their brains are perfectly happy and don't ask for more food when the body is breaking down body fat and using it as fuel. My husband is an example of that. He isn't LC but he can go hours without eating. And when he is hungry, he can prepare a meal that takes an hour or two, without really needing to eat it. Me, I will lick the utensils while I am cooking if I try to do that. The only way around it for me is to try to increase my blood ketones. I find using a lot of MCT oil instead of regular oil helped me. I think with me my hunger in the past was more because my body was too efficient at storing what I ate. So I never had enough nutrients circulating in my blood to feed my brain, so it was always asking for more food.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks everyone. I had a pretty bad carb binge last night after 52 days binge free. For now I am going to follow the Duke University low carb diet (it is in the appendix of the Why We Get Fat book) by Taubes without counting anything and see how it goes.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglgrl View Post
The hunger I feel on LC is NOT like my hunger off LC.
Before LC I would get hungry like an hour after I ate. I would eventually get so hungry I'd be sick and my head would be killing me. When I ate I'd have to stuff myself so I wouldn't get hungry again too soon.

Now when I get hungry my stomach growls a little and it's no big deal. I could go a couple more hours before I'd start to feel bad.

Yes, hunger is natural - its' a signal to eat.

When I say I'm not hungry it means I'm not hungry all the freakin time like I used to be. I can eat 3 meals a day and not get hungry between them.
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
When I do LC, its usually between 65-70%.
Right now, I'm doing a modified fat fast, so its higher. Around 80%.

Tracking calories doesnt make me bingey because I'm really tracking carbs and ratios. The calories get tracked automatically and they are front and center. but like I say, I never get concerned about being "over" or "under". I just eat when I am on the cusp of hunger, and stop when I am satisfied.
Wow only 3 days to stop cravings that is great! What benefits do you get from a modified fat fast?
Old 08-31-2013, 05:42 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

On a FF is the only time I feel in ketosis. Also I drop weight fast, whereas on regular LC it's a very slow process
No hunger, no cravings.
Yesterday I was at the fair with the kids. There were no healthy choices, and the air was filled with smells of funnel cake and deep fried chocolate bars. Before I went, I had an iced coffee.
Around3 hours in, I called dh and asked him to bring me a painkiller and almonds. He arrived but forgot the almonds!!
Luckily, where we met him there was kind of a strip plaza so I hopped into Timmy's , got an iced coffee and a coffee w extra cream, then went next door to the bulk barn and got 50g roasted macadamias .
Munched on that while the kids dined on pizza slices bigger than their head, and a bit of cotton candy.
Not deprived or craving in the least! Luckily I was able to eat the macs and coffee before I got hungry, so I didn't have to get panicky and grab some emergency funnel cake. Lolz

Oh yeah, neither kid could finish their pizza, so I ate the rest of the toppings on the way to throwing it out. Scraping off the sauce. Pretty good.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #74
Purgatory escapee

Gallery: DeltaSierra
Stats: Too much/Still too much/Perfect
WOE: Atkins
I get hungry - its natural and its my body's way of telling me "time to eat".....HOWEVER, I'm not *constantly* hungry like I was when I was following the SAD diet. I eat until I am satisfied, and then STAY satisfied for hours until its time to eat again. I don't follow any set schedule, but let my body tell me when its time to refuel. There are days I eat only one meal, and days I eat 3 or 4 depending on what my body wants. I also am learning to avoid snacking simply because its a habit, not because I need to/am hungry.

There are no elevators to success - you have to take the stairs.
DeltaSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Right now, I am not hungry, but could eat, easily. But, I can wait two hours until dinner. I am always ready to eat at the next meal.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote