Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   The Humorous side of Losing (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/810770-humorous-side-losing.html)

maepowers 08-26-2013 02:03 PM

The Humorous side of Losing

Hi Everyone,
I know we're all serious about our weight losses; but sometimes looking on the lighter side of losing weight is an inspiration in itself. I shared this below with some of my lovely friends in Other Plans and in Stillmans, but could not resist sharing with all. If you have an amusing, tasteful joke about weight loss or such, why not share it also. Here's to all of you much success. Mae:)
----------------
This is quoted from the August 2013 issue of Seniorific News. I can't take credit for it, but had to share this bit of humor from it. It was sent in by a reader of the publication.

"I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner! I use the shampoo in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning: For Extra Body and Volume." No wonder I've been gaining weight!
Well! I've gotten rid of that shampoo and am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead. Its label reads, "Dissolves Fat that is otherwise difficult to Remove." Problem solved.

Now if losing weight could really be that easy and simple. We'd all take more showers. LOL> Hope you enjoyed. Happy life, laughter and losses to you all. Mae

Spanilingo 08-26-2013 02:12 PM

My pants fell down at the airport in front of a bunch of a group of Japanese youth baseball players. I wore "a size too big" pair not thinking about the weight loss and with all the baggage and going through security and such well "whoops"'pants fell to tops
Of thighs . That these kids had such great restraint --- more than MY FAMILY (ha ha) was amazing.

maepowers 08-26-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanilingo (Post 16575769)
My pants fell down at the airport in front of a bunch of a group of Japanese youth baseball players. I wore "a size too big" pair not thinking about the weight loss and with all the baggage and going through security and such well "whoops"'pants fell to tops
Of thighs . That these kids had such great restraint --- more than MY FAMILY (ha ha) was amazing.

LOL, I can imagine the skit on that one! Yeps, that was restraint. At least your panty hose didn't bunch around your ankles. :up: A few years back, my friend had lost so much weight and she was in a rush, put on a pair of hose too big for her, but was running late for an appointment; they fell down on the escalators, snagged and she just went to her appt any way. But took them off in a restroom before she got there thankfully. Thanks for sharing.

Olive 08-26-2013 03:48 PM

I just went to the supermarket with my husband and remarked that in a whole three aisles, all I could potentially eat/drink was tomato juice. On closer inspection, not even that. Found it pretty funny.

Anonymousity 08-26-2013 04:15 PM

I've had my underwear slip down but fortunately I was wearing pants that day and not a skirt. Lesson learned, on to a smaller size! It just felt awkward walking around in public like that with my underwear bunching up at the bottom of my butt!---I just hope nobody noticed!

wastednuffime 08-27-2013 05:25 AM

I know this could have turned out to be not-so-funny, but..

After losing about 100lbs, I was showering one day and found a lump in my upper abdomen, upon feeling around, I found another one, directly across the first...

The doc at our Immediate care center had a good laugh, as he explained to me...that what I was feeling was actually my RIBS!! :o:o:o

Oh and back to add:....

I showered before losing 100lbs too :lol:

Natalia 08-27-2013 05:54 AM

Sometimes I touch my décolletage because its the only bony part of my body!

wastednuffime 08-27-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia (Post 16576550)
Sometimes I touch my décolletage because its the only bony part of my body!

:o:o:o

Just googled "Decolletage", ...to make sure I had one...And I DO!! :lol:

Natalia 08-27-2013 07:05 AM

I certainly hope so! But the question is, is it bony?

wastednuffime 08-27-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia (Post 16576700)
I certainly hope so! But the question is, is it bony?

Yes!! it is :clap:, and I like the dips / curves, whatever ya wanna call them, right below my collar bones!!

metqa 08-27-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 16576498)

After losing about 100lbs, I was showering one day and found a lump in my upper abdomen, upon feeling around, I found another one, directly across the first...

The doc at our Immediate care center had a good laugh, as he explained to me...that what I was feeling was actually my RIBS!! :o:o:o

:hyst::hyst: That is hilarious!!!! This is Reader's Digest Material!!

KeirasMom 08-27-2013 01:33 PM

My mom had gastric bypass and lost a lot of weight really quickly. One night she called me in a panic. I was an EMT at the time and she told me she found something sticking out on her chest and needed me to come take a look. She was sure it was a tumor or an aneurysm just waiting to burst.

When I got there and examined her, I discovered she had found her xyphoid process (basically the bony part at the bottom of the sternum). She had never felt it before. Crisis averted! :hyst:

SC80075 08-27-2013 02:17 PM

These are great. I loved having a weight-loss laugh :). Hopefully I'll lose enough to add my own bony mishap to this thread. :)

Stacie

mmorris 08-28-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16577355)
My mom had gastric bypass and lost a lot of weight really quickly. One night she called me in a panic. I was an EMT at the time and she told me she found something sticking out on her chest and needed me to come take a look. She was sure it was a tumor or an aneurysm just waiting to burst.

When I got there and examined her, I discovered she had found her xyphoid process (basically the bony part at the bottom of the sternum). She had never felt it before. Crisis averted! :hyst:

OMG!!! The same thing happened to me. I was up all night feeling the same bony part!!! ROFL!! I was going to go the E.R. :hyst: Thank God I didn't!! I looked up on the Internet and to my surprise it was the bony part of the sternum...

mmorris 08-28-2013 05:15 AM

After losing the majority of my weight it was time for me to go bra shopping. My old one were too big and a bit worn out.
Well it wasSunday and I wasn't going shopping till Monday so I went to church. I was greeted by my young, handsome Pastor at the front door. I shook his hand and my bra's underwire shot through my dress and unto his forhead. :o:laugh::D

Spanilingo 08-28-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmorris (Post 16578175)
After losing the majority of my weight it was time for me to go bra shopping. My old one were too big and a bit worn out.
Well it wasSunday and I wasn't going shopping till Monday so I went to church. I was greeted by my young, handsome Pastor at the front door. I shook his hand and my bra's underwire shot through my dress and unto his forhead. :o:laugh::D

No way! What's even more hilarious , is that he is probably sitting around at some "what's your funniest pastor story " discussion telling the same story! As a matter of fact---I so feel like telling someone now! PLEASE PLEASE LET ME SHARE YOUR STORY ""anonymously" with family and friends!!!! Ha ha

SC80075 08-28-2013 06:41 AM

OMG -- I was having such a bad morning and I just read this and found myself laughing out loud -- that is the best story ever. I would have had to change churches -- would never have been able to go back... LOL. Thank you so much for sharing and for brightening my day!

Stacie

mmorris 08-28-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanilingo (Post 16578309)
No way! What's even more hilarious , is that he is probably sitting around at some "what's your funniest pastor story " discussion telling the same story! As a matter of fact---I so feel like telling someone now! PLEASE PLEASE LET ME SHARE YOUR STORY ""anonymously" with family and friends!!!! Ha ha

Absolutely :hyst:

Jrw85705 08-28-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

I wonder if this experience inspired him to give an "uplifting" sermon the following Sunday?

Sorry...couldn't help myself.

astribling 08-28-2013 08:50 AM

OMG, thanks for sharing!:hyst: I don't have anything close to that to contribute, but I love reading these.

mmorris 08-28-2013 09:55 AM

:hyst: Ha Ha Ha!!! Uplifting Service :hyst::hyst:

maepowers 09-07-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wastednuffime (Post 16576498)

:Dtoo funny

maepowers 09-07-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16577355)

:rofl:

maepowers 09-07-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

:laugh:OMG how embarrassing and funny that musta been.