Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   so different one week to the next (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/810498-so-different-one-week-next.html)

mayleesa 08-21-2013 04:52 PM

so different one week to the next

last week I couldn't force myself to eat, had huge energy, worked out everyday went from 199 to 194....this week i'm starving, tired as all get out, can't focus and up to 198 like 194 never even happened and it was all a dream! i'm eating the same things as last week but i'm so hungry it's ridiculous and i'm trying to drink water and crystal light to curb the appetite....omg I wish I knew why this is happening i'm falling asleep at work.....a total 180 degrees from last week:cry:

skinni 08-21-2013 04:58 PM

Sorry, mayleesa. :hugs:

Did you add the Crystal Light? Crystal Light stalls me every time. It's on my Bad list.

Are you still in ketosis?

It could just be TOM. Crazy bodies!

Hang in there, it'll all work out!

MtherGoos 08-21-2013 05:03 PM

If you're hungry, then eat. Seriously, there's no reason to be hungry on low carb. Eat. Keep it clean though, like meat, eggs, or cheese. Have a hard boiled egg or an ounce of cheese. Our bodies do change and what works one week often doesn't work the next. Listen to your body and if it's a true physical hunger, not a mental hunger, then you should eat more.

Patience 08-21-2013 05:06 PM

You may need to eat more if you are hungry.
Your body is going through big changes, I am not surprised that you are tired.
One thing I do is just record my lows and not my bounces back up . . . they can be a bit discouraging, but a new low always seems to come if I am on plan. I was down two pounds today . . . after not having seen any movement for three weeks. I know, I expect, to be up again, but one day before too long I will have a new low to record.

Olive 08-21-2013 05:08 PM

Hi Mayleesa, is there a possibility you might've added some new food to your diet that could potentially stall you?

:hugs:

mayleesa 08-21-2013 05:14 PM

I did introduce a quest bar this past Saturday and monday but ive eaten atkins bars in the past with no prob.....carbs r at 4% fat at 76% protein at 20%..... im plugging away but its so sad...... thanks for the hugs!

Ive had crystal light in the past as a dessert and no problem but maybe its s prob now?!

Olive 08-21-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayleesa (Post 16569022)
I did introduce a quest bar this past Saturday and monday but ive eaten atkins bars in the past with no prob.....carbs r at 4% fat at 76% protein at 20%..... im plugging away but its so sad...... thanks for the hugs!

Ive had crystal light in the past as a dessert and no problem but maybe its s prob now?!

Hmm. In my experience, sometimes lc foods that I did well on before (e.g. Atkins bars, certain nuts) aren't so harmless later. At this point, I can't tolerate anything remotely sweet without stalling. I wonder if other members have gone through that too -- please chime in.

You may want to quit the bars/Crystal Light for a few days and see where it takes you. LC is a constant self-experiment :)

You're doing great, though. Don't get disheartened.

fun w son 08-21-2013 06:07 PM

I do the same thing. Week 1-2 was great lost good. Week 3 I gained 2lbs. Week4 I lost the 2lbs back. Been in a rutt ever since!!

llisarray 08-21-2013 07:11 PM

Don't get discouraged and give up ! If you are hungry eat legal foods until you feel full. Just be sure to give your mind time to let you know if you are still hungry before you keep eating. Sounds like something has knocked you out of ketosis. I was like that last week but I knew exactly what had knocked me out.

skinni 08-22-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun w son (Post 16569101)
I do the same thing. Week 1-2 was great lost good. Week 3 I gained 2lbs. Week4 I lost the 2lbs back. Been in a rutt ever since!!

Once you eat fat you'll lose like crazy. Counterintuitive, I know.

fun w son 08-22-2013 10:22 AM

I guess I'm just too "ole school"...
I was always told Eat fat='s get fat!
But I can change!!