Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Anyone read this fat loss book? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/810318-anyone-read-fat-loss-book.html)

linsey4203 08-18-2013 02:57 PM

Anyone read this fat loss book?

Hi there guys:) I'm looking for some ideas/opinions from people who have read this book Cleansing for Health, Vibrance and Fat Loss by Callie Nelson?
I got it on Amazon today (free I might add!) and I was thinking of using some ideas.

But I kinda want some thoughts from anyone who is knowledgeable.

Please weigh in (lol).

Thank you!
Linsey

jmc305 08-18-2013 06:23 PM

I was curious so I went to Amazon to check it out. From what I can tell (the description is vague) it's a juice cleansing book. I'm not sure if you can eat solid food on it or not. I noticed something about "as soon as I stopped eating meat...." and then I pretty much zoned out. What would us low carbers do without meat? I mean, besides jump off the nearest bridge. The juicing diet/lifestyle probably works well for some, but probably not many who frequent this board.

jmc305 08-18-2013 06:45 PM

Ok since it was free, I went ahead and downloaded it. The author keeps it brief and she's pretty vague. Clifs notes version: junk food is acidic, we need to be alkaline. Drink a whole bunch of juice and don't eat solid food for X number of days. Then keep at least 50% of your diet as raw fruits and veggies. It's up to us if we want to add animal products back in. (We do.) It's not for me. I was hoping she'd at least give us some recipes and some ideas for what to put in the juicer. I have a Nutribullet and I'm getting tired of my spinach/berries/flax routine. I drink one per day for good health but that's about as "hardcore" as I think I'll ever get, LOL. :D Overall this wasn't particularly informative so I'm not too impressed. You get what you pay for!

Blondie15 08-18-2013 08:12 PM

jmc: You can also achieve alkalinity by eating a diet mainly consisting of grass fed meats and lots of leafy, green vegetables.

ravenrose 08-18-2013 09:29 PM

I am skeptical of anything that says "cleanse." This is a psychological thing, appealing to our guilt over having not been "good." in reality, our bodies are finely tuned and cleansing is either not a good idea or ineffective. just eat healthily and you will be fine. that is how to get things back in order!

jmc305 08-19-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blondie15 (Post 16564761)
jmc: You can also achieve alkalinity by eating a diet mainly consisting of grass fed meats and lots of leafy, green vegetables.

Thanks. :) Are there any good grass fed brands where you live? It's hard to find and expensive around here.

Blondie15 08-22-2013 08:04 AM

I'd say, find a farmer who sells! It's cheaper than going to an expensive market like Whole Foods. If you have a Trader Joe's, they have decent prices. I don't always get grass fed meats, but I tend to try to get the best option I can, and leave it at that. It can get too expensive for the best.

melkhamilton 10-21-2013 02:18 PM

Did you go through with it? Seems a little extreme to me. It's the liver and kidneys jobs to cleanse our bodies, though they could certainly get overloaded with all the bad food we eat. Drinking water, eating fruits and vegetables, a small amount of whole grains and lean meat is the way to go.

clackley 10-21-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 16564803)
I am skeptical of anything that says "cleanse." This is a psychological thing, appealing to our guilt over having not been "good." in reality, our bodies are finely tuned and cleansing is either not a good idea or ineffective. just eat healthily and you will be fine. that is how to get things back in order!

^THIS!

BringOnTheLard 10-22-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clackley (Post 16652837)
^THIS!

I agree, I'd also add I don't think there is a "cleanse" better than LCHF. :D

Ntombi 10-22-2013 08:00 AM

If you're looking for grass fed and other pastured products in your area, you can check out eatwild (add appropriate stuff before and after). You can search locally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 16564803)

This this this this.