Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tandc90
The flu has arrived, LC version

I did moderate carb for about 2 weeks before starting LC (Protein Power plan). I even had some extremely LC days thrown in. Now on my 4th day (Day 4??!! I thought it had been a whole week!) the flu has hit. So, I'm drinking broth with some coconut oil in it. And lots of water. I'm trying to choke down enough protein but it's hard. I'm hungry but nothing sounds good. I get nauseous thinking of anything at all. Well, except a big bowl of noodles. And not the shirataki kind.

I hate you LC flu, I hate you!!

And something crawled into my mouth when I wasn't looking and died and is rotting.

Last edited by tandc90; 08-18-2013 at 02:45 PM..
tandc90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
If you are healthy and have no heart and kidney issues, the full-salt broth is the way to go.
Broth with butter and heavy cream is a nice treat--- kind of tastes like cream of chicken soup. Other things that may help are a good multivitamin, magnesium (slowmag is good-- 2 or 3 a day is recommended), and potassium (400-500 mg is plenty per day).

Hope you feel well soon. It will pass.
emel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
I normally eat very little salt. When I went on LC I had to change that. You need more salt to avoid that sick feeling When LCing, especially Iinitially. Bullion helped me. Used it instead of coffee.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tandc90
That broth recipe sounds yummy, Emel, thanks. I'll try it. And for the supplement info. I just added magnesium (I think it is slowmag) last night and will add potassium. I already take a good quality multi and b-complex.

Chuck, I was thinking I eat plenty of salt but really I probably don't since starting LC. All the processed stuff I ate before was full of salt but eating real food surely cuts way back on my salt intake vs. my previous food.

I feel better today.

So far anyway.
tandc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
Hi tandc90, I'm going through exactly the same thing. I think I'm Day 5 today. I feel slightly nauseous and headache-y (thank God it went away with aspirin).

The way I'm dealing with nausea: broth (really, you have to trust us on that one), and I find that eating a little something really helps. When I'm starting LC, often my hunger is disguised as nausea.
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote