Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   The LC "staple" food you hate (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/810297-lc-staple-food-you-hate.html)

Olive 08-17-2013 05:57 PM

The LC "staple" food you hate

Again, I tried to look for similar threads in the past and didn't find any!

For me, eggs. Hate every thing about them! Yuck! :down:

Thought it would be funny to hear from others on their loathed classic LC foods.

rotay60 08-17-2013 06:10 PM

Not sure if staple or not, but I don't like cheese (other than cream cheese). So all these dishes that everyone makes look good, but then the ingredient list kills it for me.

cleochatra 08-17-2013 06:16 PM

I vacillate on pork rinds. I typically tend to hate them.

DiamondDeb 08-17-2013 06:31 PM

I can't think of any...but I do not eat any processed foods.

Natalia 08-17-2013 06:33 PM

Pork rinds!!

Ntombi 08-17-2013 06:56 PM

Avocados. :sick:

Natalia 08-17-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ntombi (Post 16563572)
Avocados. :sick:

Ohh, me too! Hate avocados and therefore guac.
It just feels like slime. I can't get over the texture.

Also: turnip. Hated it as a kid, hate it now.
It tastes NOTHING like potato.

Anything that ugly and hard to peel was never meant to be eaten!

rndiane 08-17-2013 07:01 PM

I can't think of one food I dislike on LC.....guessI am lucky. Hmmmm, have always hated liver but I don't know if that is low carb. I have never looked it up as a LC food.As a child, I would literally vomit with one bite of it. My mom kept saying, "it is good for you" but that was back in the 50s, lol.

Ntombi 08-17-2013 08:06 PM

I love liver, and it has a few carbs, but it's low carb enough. :)

Biggy Fat 08-17-2013 08:13 PM

I loathe vegetables.

Ntombi 08-17-2013 08:15 PM

Every single one? Like...all of them? They all taste so different! :confused:

Key Tones 08-17-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia (Post 16563580)
Ohh, me too! Hate avocados and therefore guac.
It just feels like slime. I can't get over the texture.

Also: turnip. Hated it as a kid, hate it now.
It tastes NOTHING like potato.

Anything that ugly and hard to peel was never meant to be eaten!

LOL!!!

Key Tones 08-17-2013 08:39 PM

Wow, I wish I hated cheese, pork rinds, and avocados!

I had to come to the board and write up an incident report once. I put a few bags of pork rinds in the cart, then I should have known I was up to no good when I put the sour cream in the cart.

I flipped and ate it ALL. What the heck. I am usually not so out of control. I now know I cannot have these things in the house. This is no different than potato chips and French onion dip in my reaction!!!

There is one vegetable on the planet I cannot eat. Green beans. Good grief, I really do start to heave just getting a whiff. People just don't understand. I think I would flee a pot luck if the green bean casserole ever shows up.

pinewoodmom843 08-17-2013 08:59 PM

hate spg squash! sorry not the real thing! even zuch noodles are not the same! so why bother lol!

gordita 08-17-2013 09:13 PM

Eggs is a weird one for me. I love eggs and toast. A runny egg with a piece of whole wheat buttered toast is pretty much my ideal breakfast. I really miss my toast and no recipe has come close at this point. I hope to get back to having that for breakfast when I am at maintenance. Eggs with anything else, any other way... it just seems less complete to me.

Mom2AandE 08-17-2013 09:36 PM

I am with the pp who said vegetables. I just cannot eat most of them. I will eat green beans and the occasional salad. I usually don't even have an appetite for veggies. I also don't eat avocados.

I also vacillate on pork rinds. I can only eat them if I dip them in sour cream. Otherwise, they are just too dry.

I love cheese though. lol

Olive 08-17-2013 09:37 PM

Haha, these responses are hilarious. I also think avocadoes are kind of disgusting, but good at the same time? Same with pork rinds?

I actually kind of hate cream cheese now that I think of it!

Lola Bartez 08-18-2013 03:10 AM

bacon. yes - really. I eat it occasionally and wonder what all the fuss is about

RhondaC 08-18-2013 04:14 AM

Eggs. Sometimes. I go through spurts--sometimes I love them, sometimes I can't stand the thought of them.

I love vegetables--all of them.

I like pork rinds, if dipped in sour cream or spread with flavored cream cheese.

Hate cottage cheese! :p

Jackie123 08-18-2013 04:25 AM

I can't think of a food I can't eat-well, those fermented quail eggs ( pickled my large behind) almost made me barf back in the day. In general if it is not decomposing animal matter I can eat it. I will say I'm not big on pork rinds. I'd usually rather have stuff not breaded with them, but my roomate loves them, so I compromise. I do enjoy a pork rind cereal recipie I got off of here somewhere, but only once in a blue moon.

idioglossic 08-18-2013 04:29 AM

Eggs for the moment are not something I want to eat, but I will boil up a couple and swallow for food in my stomach. Fueling up without enjoyment is good for me. Food should not be an entertainment activity for me. :)

I am doing Stillman's so the food is limited anyway. Good for me, the less choices the better. Quick Weight Loss just works fast for me and when I get to goal, I will add back some veggies. Pork rinds are compulsive eating food, not fuel. . . none are coming home with me. .:)

princessmommy 08-18-2013 04:31 AM

Cream cheese clouds are about the only thing I can think of that I don't like. I tried the clouds before and Yuck, can't understand the raves I read about them. Lol!

kimberlyann11 08-18-2013 04:37 AM

Eggs are just gag. The problem is that they are a super cheap source of protein. I can eat them if I cook the hell out of them so they are almost burnt (scrambled of course) or hard boiled with a ton of mayo or ranch. If I make an omelet it has to be full of stuff and also overcooked - no slime! If I see any slime it goes in the trash. I admit to being a texture freak.

Avocados are yucky too.

Aomiel 08-18-2013 04:38 AM

To me, 'staple' means 'an important part'. Since low carb is so flexible with so many choices, my 'staples' are chosen because I do like them. If I don't like something, it's not a staple...at least not for me. :D

emel 08-18-2013 04:48 AM

Some of the recipes are not my thing. The mock danish is not for me. I don't like bulletproof coffee because I like my coffee black. And I am always dubious about the LC bread recipes containing flax. I have not found one I like.

Jackie123 08-18-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aomiel (Post 16563766)
To me, 'staple' means 'an important part'. Since low carb is so flexible with so many choices, my 'staples' are chosen because I do like them. If I don't like something, it's not a staple...at least not for me. :D

:goodpost:

glennjones 08-18-2013 05:37 AM

I have never found a food I didn't like LC or otherwise...that's my problem. Granted I haven't tried everything yet but history shows I'll like it.

Olive 08-18-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idioglossic (Post 16563763)
Eggs for the moment are not something I want to eat, but I will boil up a couple and swallow for food in my stomach. Fueling up without enjoyment is good for me. Food should not be an entertainment activity for me. :)

That's so interesting. Is that Stillman's thinking or your own? I could never think that way -- actively avoiding food enjoyment.

Olive 08-18-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emel (Post 16563774)
Some of the recipes are not my thing. The mock danish is not for me. I don't like bulletproof coffee because I like my coffee black. And I am always dubious about the LC bread recipes containing flax. I have not found one I like.

I know I'll get around to trying LC desserts eventually, but they mostly seem like mistakes that shouldn't have been made. It's hard to believe microwaving cream cheese with Splenda and a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa will result in anything palatable :lol:

UghNowWhat 08-18-2013 07:24 AM

Coconut oil activates my gag reflex whether melted or solid..so I quit.

Other than that, I don't eat any foods that repulse me.

lol'd at the egg responses. I can't be bothered to cook them and can't stand that smell..so I down them raw in a protein shake. They don't have much of a taste raw. I'm not the first to do this so I'm not worried about salmonella risks..Who hasn't eaten raw cookie dough? But I also only get them from local farms that treat their chickens well.