Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompom2 View Post
pork rinds... no way in heck im eating pig skin
I totally agree! yuck! I can't get past it.
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lavender
Stats: 155 lbs/125 lbs/125 lbs (5'8") Age: 46
WOE: Very Low Carb (30-40 net carb grams/day)
Start Date: March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut View Post
I was a picky eater when I was young. I had a long list of food I didn't like. Over the years I have marked every one of my hated foods off the list except one. LIVER. All kinds, all recipe's. Doesn't matter. I would rather eat an old shoe with dog doo on the sole.
My dad loved liver and onions so mom would make it quite often. I couldn't even eat the rest of the meal when it was on the table. As soon as I smelled it cooking, I knew I was going to bed hungry that night.
Oh, I can completely relate! Whenever I smelled liver cooking in our kitchen, I wanted to cry. My mom tried to get my sister and me to eat it several times, but eventually she gave up and started cooking bacon for us whenever she made liver The smell and sight of it still disgust me.

As far as other low carb staples, I like all of them with the exception of pork rinds. I've actually never tried them, but they sound disgusting, particularly that bit about hairs still found in them
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pickles1010
Stats: 198 /190.5 /160 5'8
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: Jan. 2004/ Restart:Jan 2014
I buy pork rinds maybe once a year to snack on, cant stand to bread anything with them.
Most everything has always been our staple food except now no bread, pasta, rice etc. We never ate protein bars or shakes, so I just don't buy anything that is so called lc, just eat regular food and lots of green veggies, avocados, shrooms etc, no beans or corn.
pickles1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: Atkins DANDR
Start Date: April 10 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catzmom View Post
I gave up today on the "fake potatoes" made with cauliflower. Been disappointing before, but a couple of people swore to me that *this* recipe was different, it really did hide it. Nope. Yuk!!!! Forget it, I am done putting the time and ingredients in just to throw it all out!
The "cauliflower mashed potatoes" somehow sound worse than just regular old cauliflower.

I'm a recent "cauliflowerice" convert, so who knows though
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
The "cauliflower mashed potatoes" somehow sound worse than just regular old cauliflower.

I'm a recent "cauliflowerice" convert, so who knows though
Hubs and I love fauxtato salad, loaded baked fauxtato salad, and mashed fauxtatoes.
I'm wondering if the difference in opinion could come down to your feelings on steamed or roasted cauliflower . If you hate regular cauliflower, chances are you will hate the adaptations. But, if you like cauliflower or find it very neutral tasting, you'd probably like it.
You can get the flavor spot on.. The texture is never going to be a perfectly mashed potato, because, well, it's not a potato.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 191 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Zucchini noodles.. bleecchh!
easwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
Hubs and I love fauxtato salad, loaded baked fauxtato salad, and mashed fauxtatoes.
I'm wondering if the difference in opinion could come down to your feelings on steamed or roasted cauliflower . If you hate regular cauliflower, chances are you will hate the adaptations. But, if you like cauliflower or find it very neutral tasting, you'd probably like it.
You can get the flavor spot on.. The texture is never going to be a perfectly mashed potato, because, well, it's not a potato.
Never roasted cauliflower. I don't have strong feelings in general towards cauliflower -- don't mind it boiled or steamed

Since the texture is so grainy, it's just hard for me to imagine how one could get smooth mashed fauxtatoes?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinmarie
Stats: 137/118/ 110
WOE: Modified Atkins/ vlc/frankenfood free
Start Date: last start 8/11, restart 7/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
My food dislikes really aren't low-carb related. I've never EVER liked condiments: mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise or pickles. So you will never see a recipe on my website with any of those ingredients. I dislike them so much, I can't even stand to smell them! At age 64, I can't even appreciate a recipe if they are an ingredient and don't join in the discussion of said recipes.

Around age 40, my brother the chef taught me to make homemade mayo and I LOVED it! I have learned to eat smooth, creamy homemade mayo in all its lusciousness on sandwiches, in dips and in recipe cooking. Still hate the stuff that comes in a jar though.
Me too! The smell makes me ill... Although I have outgrown the mayo aversion as I have gotten older... Can be a wonderful ingredient but cold globby and alone? No thanks! I can't touch pickles or tuna and my husband loves it so making him tuna salad with onion pickles and mayo is a true act of love and leaves me slightly barfy... Not crazy about plain pork rinds but can handle them now and then or as an ingredient... Don't like olives... Only the oil... Love eggs but the thought of eating one more can make me want to be sick sometimes... I usually have two a day... But sometimes I just can't... Never tried flax breads can't make an oopsie.. So no issues there..
erinmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emgee
Stats: 148/101.6/103
WOE: LC
Hard boiled eggs. Ewww. But whatever, they're nutritious fast, cheap and low carb.
emgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Catzmom
Stats: 228/179/145
WOE: THM
Start Date: Half-hearted start 10/12 - Re-start July 25, 2013
[QUOTE=Lavender;16585864]Oh, I can completely relate! Whenever I smelled liver cooking in our kitchen, I wanted to cry. My mom tried to get my sister and me to eat it several times, but eventually she gave up and started cooking bacon for us whenever she made liver The smell and sight of it still disgust me.

I was lucky with my Mother. She said "I can't get past knowing what the liver does in the body - yuk!" LOL
Catzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

[quote=Catzmom;16608579]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Oh, I can completely relate! Whenever I smelled liver cooking in our kitchen, I wanted to cry. My mom tried to get my sister and me to eat it several times, but eventually she gave up and started cooking bacon for us whenever she made liver The smell and sight of it still disgust me.

I was lucky with my Mother. She said "I can't get past knowing what the liver does in the body - yuk!" LOL
Same here. "No organs!" was her theme LOL
Old 09-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #132
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Verdana
Stats: 145/140.8/130
WOE: Stillmans for now
Start Date: 1/21/14
Hard boiled eggs, anything coconut (especially the oil- it makes me barfy), organ meat, and canned fish. Those are the worst, but I can't say I very much enjoy celery or pork chops either.
Verdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dgidaho
Stats: 221/193/160
WOE: Low Carb--began with Atkins
Start Date: March 21, 2013
Homemade chicken broth. It's like the holy grail, I know....but when you boil chicken, those globby, gelatinous blobs of goo float on the top of the water and stick to the sides of the pan. THAT is what I simply cannot get past!

....I buy canned chicken broth by the case.....
dgidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rufroggy603
Stats: 172/160/140
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: August 2013
Coconut oil but I just make myself swallow it... mainly because since I've been "eating" it I've noticed several things, good things... my hips & knees have totally stopped hurting all the time... I think it's greasing my joints! LOL
rufroggy603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irishnonee
pork rinds.
Irishnonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hsmjlkelly
Stats: 153/144.5/110
WOE: CAD/CALP
Start Date: Oct.2013
I REALLY hate mayo! I can't spell it b/c the word grosses me out! I hate to see people pile it on then take a bite with it all over their lips, eeww! Also cottage cheese! My co-worker would warn me and hide it so I would not see it! Is cottage cheese LC? I don't care but those are the worse!

I'm also not into too many LC veggies but I can get by with a few.
hsmjlkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #137
Noah and Wyatt's Mommy

Gallery: Cryssi
Stats: 342.8/337.2/130
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 2/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
I LOVE cauliflower but fauxtatoes are horrible!
Cryssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Katy
Stats: 299/279/150
WOE: Primal Blueprint 80/20
Start Date: Restart 12/29/13 at 290.5 lbs
Liver I have never been able to eat. Muffin in a minute I am not the biggest fan of.
Katy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dolciani
Stats: 227/172.5/125 - 5'2"
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 1/02/13; JUDDD 4/10/13
Popular on the JUDDD forum: glucomannan powder. I've tried the gluc pudding and it ranked up there with worst.foods.ever. Vile!

On the other hand, I'm loving the miracle noodles, especially miracle rice, and wouldn't be without glucomannan capsules on down days.

Oh, and totally agree on the liver. Bla!
dolciani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

I can't believe this, but I'm finally embracing eggs. In an omelet, no less. With cheese. It may sound delicious to some of you but you don't know how high that ranked on my "ick" scale before!
Old 10-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #141
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Sleepy
like everything LC except Oopsie rolls
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GingerAnn
WOE: Atkins
Pork rinds. Just, no. NO! I love bacon but I hate the taste of those things.

Try as I may, I've never developed a liking for fish. So no tuna or stinky fish meals for me.

Also, olives. They taste like salty eyeballs. Love olive oil, but thanks but no thanks, olives.
GingerAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/172/125
WOE: HCG INJECTIONS
Start Date: RESTART 9-3-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerAnn View Post
Pork rinds. Just, no. NO! I love bacon but I hate the taste of those things.

Try as I may, I've never developed a liking for fish. So no tuna or stinky fish meals for me.

Also, olives. They taste like salty eyeballs. Love olive oil, but thanks but no thanks, olives.
When did you taste salty eyeballs
ASHLEY2HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/294/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn11
WOE: Protein Power +1 meal/day
1.The smell of bacon. I don't understand why people love it so much. I can eat it but don't like. On the other hand I love liver cooked in oil and sauted with onions.

2. Sauteed vegetables when I'm dieting make me a little nauseous. Any vegetables I eat have to be fresh.
Jenn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
Tuna salad. I've tried packets... I've tried cans. No and no.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Canned tuna!!!!! It's a love hate relationship!!!!
It's not that i really hate tuna, i do like salad nicoise in a restaurant--it's just i ate canned tuna almost every day for a year on Stillmans, so i just can't look at a tin amymore!!! On the otherhand it helped me lose 100lbs in a year so i sometimes look at tins with fond memories! Ha!
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Green beans. A few years back, green beans was about the only vegetable I would eat. After a year of mostly green beans, the thought of them most days makes me want to gag. Hoping that fades over time as I have expanded my vegetable horizons.
BigRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/204/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: Atkins 4/12 Nutritional Ketosis 1/13
I have enjoyed reading this thread. It made me realize their are other things I don't like. Liver..hate it. When my Mom would make it growing up, I would run screaming and crying to my bedroom. It was traumatic to me. She never tried to actually make me eat it. I would have died! Hard boiled egg are another one that hard for me to eat. I can put one in my tuna salad, but that's about it. And although I love cooked cauliflower, I have never been able to stomach the fake mashed potato recipe. It makes my stomach ache. I'm till trying to like spaghetti squash, but so far, it ain't happening. I just bought some today because it was so cheap. I baked it and the froze it for a later date. I found a recipe that I'm going to try with it. Maybe this time will be a winner. The thing I hate most is spending time and money on a new dish and them hating it.

January-commit-5 pounds lost
February-2.6 pounds lost

My goal is to see Onederland!!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/145.6/149
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart 8/13
Anything pork....or shellfish.. totally yucky....eggs in moderation are fine otherwise uggggh....most protein bars..ewwww....quest bars are the only ones so far that don't cause problems....anything with most artificial sweetners..ewww..fresh food...yum...

I eat several meats/ lots of fish...fresh veggies....a few fruits....nuts....ranch dressing......I eat simply...the fewer the additives the better.
I don't miss much of the diet most enjoy..

this has been my primary mode of eating for years...when I get stupid ..I pay a price..more than just gaining weight.....Im re adjusting ..carb creep ..then I paid a price...Im adjusting again.
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote