Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetSugaree
Stats: 250/207/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: RESTART- 5/13/13
Finally tried PALEO BREAD! Pros & Cons...

Okay, so for a few months I have been wanting to try paleo bread. Two Saturdays ago, my local Sprouts started carrying it so I gave it a try. I bought the paleo bread made with coconut flour. This is my honest opinion about the bread. Lets start with the cons.

CONS:
  1. PRICE- It's pretty pricey and you only get about 10 slices. I paid $10.99 for the loaf. I'm on a budget, so I am pretty particular about where and what I spend money on.
  2. SHELF LIFE- The bread has zero shelf life. You have to either keep it frozen, or put it in the fridge at all times. Even in the fridge, it only lasts the week.
  3. TEXTURE- It's spongy and well, weird..lol.. It takes some getting used to, but I'm used to eating spongy bread. You have to toast it every time you use it, or else it is just too strange of a texture. I don't mind having to toast it, but this may turn off other people.
  4. TASTE- It's tasteless and bland. :/
PROS:
  1. YOU CAN MAKE IT WORK- Yes it is bland, however, you can make it work. I used things like mayo, BBQ sauce, mustard, ghee and cream cheese for flavor. Also, the more fixings you add to your sandwich or burger, the better flavor anyways. It was nice to finally feel like I had bread on a hambuger or sandwich.
  2. IT GETS THINGS MOVING- This might be TMI, but this was a good thing for me and might be for other people who suffer from low carb constipation. The paleo bread kept me normal..Which was great.
  3. WEIGHT LOSS- I ate paleo bread every day all week and I did not stall. As a matter of fact, I LOST 2 LBS this week. This is a huge factor for me, because I hate to stall.
  4. KEEPS YOU FULL- I loved that after eating the bread I stayed full for hours. It wasn't a bad feeling of being full, it was a satisfying feeling. I love this, because I am on my feet all day at work and moving, I need foods that sustain me.
So will I buy paleo bread again??? YES!!!!

I wont buy it every week, but I am glad the option to have it every once in awhile is there. It isn't the greatest low carb product out there, but you can make it work and make it tasty. The number one thing is that it didn't stall my weight loss. When I make my homemade coconut bread, I stall. So for these reasons I will buy the bread again.
Just wanted to share, because I know there are a lot of people out there who want honest opinions about products before they spend the money on something new.

Mini Goals
Goal #1
Reach 230 LBS- Goal Achieved 6/7/13
Goal#2
Reach 220 LBS- Goal Achieved 7/1/13
Goal #3
Reach ONEderland-
SweetSugaree is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Thanks for the review I can't justify spending $10+ on it, but for folks who REALLY miss bread there's an option.
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
gawd I hated it so much. Glad you found a way to make it work--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I just made myself a BLT this morning with the Paleo bread and it was good. It's worth the price, IMHO, to have that on occasion. I bought a loaf two months ago, and that was my second sandwich with it. It's too pricey to have all of the time but wonderful for those times whe. You REALLY want a real sandwich. And I agree that it needs to be toasted. Mayo makes everything edible.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tater Head
Stats: start weight 212/200 /goal 150
WOE: Lowcarb
Hate it, toasted or not
Tater Head is offline   Reply With Quote