Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
I am hoping this works

The last couple of days I have been unusually hungry and feeling a bit snappy, so tonight for dinner I consciously decided to have as many chicken thighs as I could eat, it ended up being two medium thighs and a bit of the skin off of another piece. I also had 2 hard boiled eggs, a couple of cherry tomatoes, and cucumber slices and a nice ice coffee to wash it down. I hope this resets my appetite back to normal tomorrow. I am trying to avoid a binge on carbs and am hoping eating more than I really needed today will help me to not relapse. This has always been the pattern for me after I have been in ketosis and had a very small appetite for some time all of a sudden I will feel like I can't get full. Anyone else tried anything similar and found it to work?
reach 120lbs. by 9/1/14
Exercise daily including strength workouts
!

150 140 130 120

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-16-2013 at 01:50 PM..
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I have been feeling like I can't get it together since I finished the bar exam about two weeks ago. Most days since then I have stayed on plan by the skin of my teeth and lots of white knuckling, but also had two days eating off plan. Yesterday was my second day back on and I was just feeling like I could barely hold on, so I ate a lot more than normal, but all on-plan foods. Today I am feeling better and more in control. I'm not sure if its bc I let myself eat more yesterday or if its bc I'm pounding the gymnema today. But, knock on wood, something's working!

Definitely come back and let us know how you feel tomorrow. Good luck!

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

I will let you know how I feel tomorrow Jayne. Now I feel completely full and just want to get ready for bed, but can't get to sleep til hubby leaves for his night shift. Just got in some exercise and will shower and relax now.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Jebber
Stats: 188.8/181.6/135
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Forever starting 6/1/14
I think you did the right thing. Yes, please report back if it worked!

This happens to me and I do the same thing, but I do try to hold back. I often wonder if my body is ready to drop weight, but still fighting to keep it at the same time. By triggering the hunger, it is making an attempt to keep the calories up. Or else, it's TOM. LOL
Jebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I often over eat on plan. Some days I just need more food. It has worked for me for ten years!
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #6

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Since I had WLS and can't really eat allot of volume even if I want to.... when I start having allot of cravings or feeling restless until I eat something GOOD (not sure how else to put it) or have more appetite, I go out to eat and have something indulgent like steak, or crab boil with garlic butter, or fried (non-breaded) chicken wings, a really fancy salad, etc... OR I buy something similar at the store, something different, like a small lobster tail. If I don't have much budget, I will do something that doesn't cost much but is still different from my usual meals, like pork rinds dipped in home made low carb cheese sauce.

I don't know if it is something mental, or if the cravings are my body's way of telling me to mix it up a little (I am a creature of habit and will eat what I like that is safe on-plan day in and day out). But the above techniques work for me.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/171/140-135 depending
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
That's exactly how I felt today too! Felt like I was starving all day!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I felt okay initially but now all that chicken skin is making me feel sick to my stomach and giving me reflux grrr. I have been craving salads but they don't fill me up.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I have hungry days and less hungry days. I eat more if I'm having a hungry day. I don't overeat, but I don't not eat if I'm hungry.

I'm not talking about cravings, which aren't an issue for me, but genuine hunger. If I'm hungry, I eat. Always on plan, but I eat.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Too early to say what my appetite will be like today as I am rarely hungry in the early morning, but what a miserable night all that chicken skin had me tossing and turning with nausea and reflux. I took 2 zantac but it only helped slightly.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:49 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Since I had WLS and can't really eat allot of volume even if I want to.... when I start having allot of cravings or feeling restless until I eat something GOOD (not sure how else to put it) or have more appetite, I go out to eat and have something indulgent like steak, or crab boil with garlic butter, or fried (non-breaded) chicken wings, a really fancy salad, etc... OR I buy something similar at the store, something different, like a small lobster tail. If I don't have much budget, I will do something that doesn't cost much but is still different from my usual meals, like pork rinds dipped in home made low carb cheese sauce.

I don't know if it is something mental, or if the cravings are my body's way of telling me to mix it up a little (I am a creature of habit and will eat what I like that is safe on-plan day in and day out). But the above techniques work for me.

Thanks that sounds like a great way to change things up a bit
Old 08-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013 restart
I eat like crazy once a month. Can't help it, but stay legal. Hasn't seemed to stall me.
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Jeanie, I really think you have a deficiency. You're hypothyroid, right? Hypos are often deficient in several essential micronutrients. Could you consult with your doctor about a good supplement for you? I know you and I have spoken before about supplementation. I think it is worth looking into for you.

I'm not a fan of eating beyond satisfaction, so I wasn't thrilled to see your experiment.
I acknowledge that we must take special measures to deal with cravings and binging, and I acknowldege that we're all different, but this method wouldn't work for me at all.

I suggest expanding your food choices from amongst acceptable Atkins-style foods. Perhaps there's a deficiency which can be solved by eating from a broader array of acceptable foods. I suggest not trying to mimic carby things with lots of recipes, since that seems to be a trigger. I suggest choosing good simple foods with correct levels of carbs, protein, and fats. I suggest paying attention to your hunger and being mindful to not let yourself get too empty -- I know you feel that you need to be somewhat hungry when you go to bed, and that's another one we disagree on.

Good luck to you.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Well I had a great day yesterday, two meals was all I needed and I slept like a rock the last two nights which I needed badly!

Emel
I have been adding salads and I never make any of the LC substitutes, in fact I don't even make any of the casseroles or quiche dishes as I tend to overeat them. The salad is my way of getting a few more carbs added to my mostly meat and egg menu, I crave them but don't necessarily think they really add to my satiety levels. A few more carbs has seemed to help my sleep, but will see if it continues.. Really, I am quite happy with how things are working out a day with some extra chicken beats the heck out of pints of ice cream and bags of pretzels and cookies that I could easily binge on!

Last edited by jeaniem; 08-18-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Really, I am quite happy with how things are working out a day with some extra chicken beats the heck out of pints of ice cream and bags of pretzels and cookies that I could easily binge on!
Totally agree
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote