LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: doobiephillips
Stats: 240/210/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July, 2 2013
Quest Bars?

Has anyone tried the quest bars. I tried the Atkins bars and it stopped my weight loss. I was wondering if the quest bars were any different.
doobiephillips is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pointboy
Stats: 365/250/220? I am 6'2"
Don't know if they cause any stall on Atkins, but I (not on Atkins) use them as a supplemnt to a regular protein and vegetable meal. Eating a half one helps with my appetite and sweet tooth, and they are very good. I particularly like the applie pie one lightly heated in microwave.

Quest bars seem to be well regarded in the exercise community.
pointboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mysstwalker
Stats: 501/170/140
WOE: Banded RNY - high protein/mid-level carbs baby!
Start Date: Silastic ring RNY - 1/30/08
Chocolate Brownie or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, 10 seconds in the microwave = heavenly protein bliss. These are the only bars I get, no others compare!
Mysstwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BABSY
not enough flavor. They are too dry. I have put them in the microwave too, but I feel if you have to do that then they are not good enough. Nothing better than atkins bars
BABSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
The texture changes 100% in the microwave. Cinnamon bun and apple pie are delicious!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
If you have portion control problems with the bars, cut them into 6 or 8 pieces and freeze them, then you can take out one piece as needed and not feel obligated to eat the entire thing at once
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
I used to buy them for emergencies, and for when I wanted a little something sweet. Worked fine when all I bought was vanilla almond and brownie flavors- because they are good, but you are not going to go to bed thinking about them, at least I didn't.

Then I discovered the cookie and cinnamon bun flavors. Yipes! Too delicious and I had serious self-control issues with them. So for now they are all banished.

Also, the manufacturers have created one of those situations where they add a bunch of fiber to the bar so that they can call the net carbs a very low number. I always have my doubts about how really low carb they are. But compared with other bars their carb count is still probably pretty low.
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trillex
Stats: 235/135/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11 May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
If you have portion control problems with the bars, cut them into 6 or 8 pieces and freeze them, then you can take out one piece as needed and not feel obligated to eat the entire thing at once
That's a great idea!

I didn't eat any of the bars until I got stuck in an airport while moving in June. In the airport, I didn't have access to anything except crappy sandwiches with so little meat on them it wasn't even worth pulling the meat off and eating it. So, when I went on vacation in July, I bought a box of Quest bars to have in case I ended up in that type of airport situation again. The bars came in handy because I did have a few days when I was out with people and every place we stopped -- over the course of like 8 or 10 hours -- was some sort of pastry shop or bar that didn't serve anything except pastry-type items or chips. So the bars were a lifesaver.

I like the bars but now that I have access to *real* meals, I don't feel the need to eat an entire bar. But I still like having them for when I'm *kind of hungry* but not in the mood for an entire meal. So I'm going to chop them up and freeze them! That's a great idea!
Trillex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Regular use of quest bars may hinder my weight loss. I don't know. I've only ever bought singles.

But, it's totally possible to stall on one and not the other. The composition is completely different. Quest are full of protein, with stevia or E as the sweetener.

Atkins are more fat based, with lots of maltitol as the sweetener- known more than any other sweetener- to cause insulin rise in people.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Josh1234
Frankly, I would rather have a Snickers bar than any of the low-carb,low-fat, hi-protein bars. If having the Snickers would raise my daily carbs to high, then I eat a handful of nuts instead. But, that's me - lower carb, not low carb. And I just want to avoid highly processed if at all possible. YMMV.

Last edited by Josh1234; 08-18-2013 at 02:15 PM..
Josh1234 is offline   Reply With Quote