Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive View Post
Blue Skies, this article made me think of you:
Food Addiction And Processed Food - Business Insider

Thanks, Olive. Have book marked this and will read as soon as I get the chance. And don't worry about going all "confessional" on my thread---I do it all the time here. Most of us do in some way or the other. IMO, that's what works so swell on this board. It's kind of like journaling, but with people there to respond with info and support.

Good insights for you regarding getting used to the LC suppressed appetite. For those of us who have "dieted" before, being hungry is a fear, and snacking is admonished---much about LC is counter intuitive to past experiences. Stopping when I'm full has been a joy for me. Being full didn't matter to me in the past, because the carb drive was so strong. More. Always wanted more. In time on LC, you learn to trust that you will get enough, and enough is good.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Josh1234
I also had a portion control problem: to many hi-carb portions, not enough vegi-portions, and real-food-portions. Thankfully, I have reversed that and lost 3 to 4 inches around the waist.
Josh1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1234 View Post
I also had a portion control problem: to many hi-carb portions, not enough vegi-portions, and real-food-portions. Thankfully, I have reversed that and lost 3 to 4 inches around the waist.
Yay, Josh! How fun is that? To find your waist smaller?! It's kind of a rhetorical question, because I too have enjoyed the rewards of what you're talking about, and know exactly how fun it is.

We all do it in our own ways, with A LOT of help from those here and what we read, and how we tailor that to our own experience and trials. And, it all advances us, maybe sometimes just an inch a week, or whatever, but progress is progress.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Josh1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
We all do it in our own ways, with A LOT of help from those here and what we read, and how we tailor that to our own experience and trials. And, it all advances us, maybe sometimes just an inch a week, or whatever, but progress is progress.
It's all N=1, IMHO. It is the height of arrogance to think that whatever works for me must work for you, and if it doesn't, you are doing something wrong. As I have said, if you are healthy being a meat eating paleo person, a LCHF person, a sugar free person, a fast food junky or even a vegan, good for you! Who am I to question that?
Josh1234 is offline   Reply With Quote