Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: llisarray
Stats: 232/185/175 and then we will see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2013 restart
Oh wait !! I didn't realize you were THAT Cleochatra ! Don't ask me how I thought there were two people with that name ... You helped make my initial foray into lc a huge success ! Thank you !
llisarray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by llisarray View Post
Oh wait !! I didn't realize you were THAT Cleochatra ! Don't ask me how I thought there were two people with that name ... You helped make my initial foray into lc a huge success ! Thank you !

I think we all feel that way too !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
congrats on everything you've accomplished!!
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: baileygirl3
Stats: 177/135/135
WOE: Low Carb
Congrats, and thanks for sharing with us
baileygirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #35
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmarie View Post

ROCK ON!!
Thank you so much! I apologize for not responding sooner; school is kicking me in the hiney. The good news is that so far, I have good grades, so it's been worth the stress and slight upheaval, for sure.

Quote:
Beautifully worded! I've been lcing and exercising since January and haven't stepped on a scale once. It helps to focus on nsv. Congrats
Way to go on your hard work, krissakris! I am seriously thrilled for the changes you must be experiencing without the scale!

Quote:
Way to hang in there! Amazing work and great attitude!!!
Thank you so much, Key Tones! I wish I always had a positive spirit about it, but I haven't. But that's what makes us human.

Quote:
Jamie,
You're an inspiration! I have to admit that, even though I've been at this for awhile (1972?), my weight loss went pretty quickly when I seriously stuck consistently to low carb...so I admire you for persevering *and* keeping up such a great attitude at a 6 month stall! Way to go, you!!
Aomiel, I in awe at your longevity! I've been an Atkins girl on and off since 1984... I wish it had been on--always! If I knew then what I know now, I'd still be at goal.

Quote:
Jamie, just gotta say, love you girl! You are the best!
Well, you know, I love you too, so...

Quote:
Jamie- you don't know me, but back when I was LC ing last time, I just loved your site with all your fabulous and creative recipes!

I think you are an inspiration to any of us who are slow losers or are caught in an extended stall. Intellectually we know we are going to get there but when you're in the middle of it, can be so frustrating.

Love your posts and how your quirky personality shines through.
Natalia, I have been enjoying your posts and threads, too! I am glad to be able to be a part of a positive and supportive community that low-carbers have always provided for one another over the years. While I no longer own my website and am now back in school, I will always look back with fondness on my time with the site and the fun I had! Thank you so much for your very kind words.

Quote:
Love your attitude !

Hope you aren't any where near that flash flood area ! Stay safe
shelby's, thankfully, we're okay1 there are some scary things happening in Colorado this year. Thankfully none of them are fires, but we've had some lightning and some flash flooding to make up for it!

Quote:
Love you, Jamie! Thanks for helping put things in perspective. Why is it that we always think what we have accomplished is never good enough, instead of being proud of the amazing work we have done? Gotta go find some 30 lb somethings to carry around for a while to remind myself I accomplished a major feat, instead of dwelling on the mental picture of what I think I SHOULD look like.
Love you {{{maines}}} I get so cranky with myself sometimes. I say, why couldn't I have been/thought/acted this way earlier? I don't think I was ready to. I really think failure and imperfection and embracing those aspects of life (while trying my best, obviously) really has made the difference. I no longer expect life to be perfect because I "gave up" toast to eat bacon and eggs. I eat bacon and eggs because that's what's healthiest for me and makes me feel best.

Quote:
Thank you for this post Jamie, you are awesome and much loved. Congrats too and you are so right, no matter the journey or how long it takes, it's pretty amazing when we see ourselves succeed, learn to accept it as it happens and being thankful for each step getting there. Hugs
scalestepper. Your handle is the best ever! I love it! Thank you. I love what you are saying. Every word.

Quote:
Congrats, your perseverance paid off!
Thank you, Shimmer!

Quote:
you make me so happy!! I love your blogs, recipes are the bomb and you simply just make sense to me! thanks for all you do to help and support and encourage so many people you may never meet.....congrats and kutgw
mayleesa, you are so kind! Thank you so much! I am just glad to be able to pay it forward. I no longer own or am affiliated with my old site, but I feel the new owner has been doing a good job (since May) to keep things going so that I can focus on going back to school and spending more time with my kids. They grow up so fast! I still love to cook, but since I no longer have a business to run, I have more time to just be with friends, family, and looking forward to what's next. Right now that's slimmer thighs and a Bachelors Degree.

Quote:
Congratulations! You are a true inspiration
Thank you Jannybunny! {{{{{{{{JannyBunny}}}}}}}}}}

Quote:
Congratulations, Jamie!
I think you have so much to be proud of~ not just your weight loss but look at how much you have changed in the process. It is a process, after all.
I agree with you completely! You stated it so well! I have my "before" pictures, too, and will share those eventually. It has been a really huge tranformative process--and I'm thankful for being open to what it's taught me.

Quote:
Jamie, You ROCK!!!!!!! One of my favorites...I am so proud for you...
Thank you, tybeeanna! It is so good to see you again!

Quote:
Hi, llisarray! I am so glad I've been able to help! It's a pleasure and a privilege to know so many amazing, dynamic people--and some I might even be able to lend support to from time to time. Congratulations on your successes! You rock!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by llisarray View Post

I think we all feel that way too !
I'm just glad to be able to pay it forward! With as much experience as I've had over the years, I'd rather share my failures and successes if they'll save someone else the same struggles I've had along the way, especially. I hope.

Quote:
congrats on everything you've accomplished!!
Bobbin, thank you so very much. I appreciate it!

Quote:
Congrats, and thanks for sharing with us
Hi, and thank you for being so kind. I am glad to share. I just realized, too, that the end of this month is my 1-year anniversary of restarting! Time passes so quickly...

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
OMG I'm speechless. But ever so happy for you, Jamie. Sometimes moving on to something totally new and different is precisely what we need to find ourselves. We'll miss your regular recipe posts, but the vast accumulation on your site will keep us busy for some time to come. Yours is the very first low-carb site I found after I initially meandered into low-carbing and the Atkins Community forums. Your recipes and sense of humor there always uplifting. Best of luck in school, as I know it's a challenge after being out awhile. I did the same thing. Went back for my teaching certificate long after getting my B.A. But it is doable, and if anyone can, YOU sure can, girlfriend.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #37
something there

{{{Peggy}}} You are so sweet to be so uplifting and positive. I know this degree will better my efforts to make a positive difference in the world in some way--what way I'm not sure yet! lol
Old 08-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Jamie, you are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing with us, and thank you for being the funny and entertaining writer that you are!

xx Mims.
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #39
something there

{{{Mimosa}}} You are so kind. Thank you *slips you the $20 I promised from my cleavage*

Ahem. By the way, you're doing really well yourself! My Dad brought the Atkins plan home with him from Germany in 1984 after a bad military training accident left him disabled. I am still thankful for his doctor to this day!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
wooohoooo!!!! You are a true inspiration! Muah!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #41
something there

Hey, you! How you doin'?

Thank you! The pretty exciting thing is that I'm already in my lower 240s on my scale at home. It's kind of freaky how long one can stay at the same point and then begin losing like crazy.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 24Fan
Stats: from 2004 to 2006 lost 118 lbs. Maintaining
WOE: Atkins, low carb maintaining
Start Date: 2004
Jamie! Congrats on SELLING the blog!! I did notice it was different. and going BACK to finish your degree! Awesome! and oh ya the weight loss thing too

xoxox
24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
Congratulations you can do whatever you set your mind to.
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #44
something there

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Fan View Post
Jamie! Congrats on SELLING the blog!! I did notice it was different. and going BACK to finish your degree! Awesome! and oh ya the weight loss thing too

xoxox
Hey there! Thank you so much! I miss working with everyone, but I really have enjoyed the challenges of learning, especially in an environment that is totally out of my comfort zone.

Thank you so much, idioglossic! It is so good to see you again. It's literally been years.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: linsey4203
That's awesome thanks for the ideas.
linsey4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Wendi-Bell
Stats: 191/156(142) (169/162/140) 5'7"
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: 04/26/2004 and yet again....1/24/14(10years later)
Congratulations! The scale is not my friend, and I've vowed to stay off of it for a while. I've stepped on it once in the last month.

College courses are much more rewarding now that I am older. Congrats on that, as well!
Wendi-Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
{{{Mimosa}}} You are so kind. Thank you *slips you the $20 I promised from my cleavage*

Ahem. By the way, you're doing really well yourself! My Dad brought the Atkins plan home with him from Germany in 1984 after a bad military training accident left him disabled. I am still thankful for his doctor to this day!
Thanks for the money, I went on an egg and cream cheese shopping spree!

Funny that your Dad brought home the Atkins plan from Germany. I think he took all evidence with him when he went back home, LOL! When I first moved here three and a half years ago, it seemed that baked goods were all the Germans eat... That, and pork in all its forms!!!

It's getting a bit better now, but maybe that's because I pay attention to it!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mdog73
Stats: 235/191/194 male 6' 2"
WOE: Atkins - heavy on the meats
Start Date: April 9, 2013
Glad to hear it. That's amazing.

I've been stuck for about 7 weeks now so I keep waiting for that next level to pop. Especially since I'm only about 12 or so pounds from my goal.
mdog73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Moss11
Well done! Your patience and journey is inspiring!
Moss11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/159/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
Hi Jamie You don't know me but I've been reading your blog and your posts for years. I love your sense of humor. Posts like yours made me feel welcome to LCF! Congrats on going back to school! One day I will go back too! You inspire me yet again!
SpikersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #51
something there

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsey4203 View Post
That's awesome thanks for the ideas.
I am glad I can help. I am so impatient, so that's my hardest obstacle to overcome. I'm like Teddy Roosevelt; I want to see progress! Welcome to LCF, by the way!

Quote:
Congratulations! The scale is not my friend, and I've vowed to stay off of it for a while. I've stepped on it once in the last month.

College courses are much more rewarding now that I am older. Congrats on that, as well!
I am really enjoying college more that I'm used to the process, but it's still kicking my butt. Online learning is a lot of reading and writing, and I really would have liked more "class/face" time. That's how I connect with people in a learning environment.

I am proud of you for staying off of the scale! I step on mine at least once a week at my TOPS meetings, and that's all right. I do see some forward progress there for sure.

Quote:
Thanks for the money, I went on an egg and cream cheese shopping spree!

Funny that your Dad brought home the Atkins plan from Germany. I think he took all evidence with him when he went back home, LOL! When I first moved here three and a half years ago, it seemed that baked goods were all the Germans eat... That, and pork in all its forms!!!

It's getting a bit better now, but maybe that's because I pay attention to it!
L L

You are a good shopper! Maybe Atkins there comes and goes as it does here. Germany is so so beautiful! My Dad loved it there.

Quote:
Glad to hear it. That's amazing.

I've been stuck for about 7 weeks now so I keep waiting for that next level to pop. Especially since I'm only about 12 or so pounds from my goal.
Wow. You are so close! Congratulations! I am positive the universe is testing you in that case. Those last few pounds come off the slowest typically, but they're so worth the wait (and the weight).

Quote:
Well done! Your patience and journey is inspiring!
Thank you so much! I am really excited. I also hit my 120 pounds lost mark this weekend, too. Whew! A long way to go still, but what the hey. I'm happier now than I've been in years with my health and fitness and size.

Quote:
Hi Jamie You don't know me but I've been reading your blog and your posts for years. I love your sense of humor. Posts like yours made me feel welcome to LCF! Congrats on going back to school! One day I will go back too! You inspire me yet again!
Oh, hey! How you doin'? It's good to see you! Thanks for your kind words. I am pulling for you for both college and to get to where you want to be--you're going to do both and be fabulousssss! Keep me posted on your progress!