Old 08-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
This past weekend I made small aperitif bites... I didn't take pictures, sorry!

I made a thin sheet out of the oopsie batter, baked in oven until cooked and cut the sheet into small squares and left to cool completely. They were pretty firm. I then topped them with slices of chorizo sausage which I fried and then steamed in red wine. I then plopped some creme fraiche mixed with lemon on top and topped that with a fresh basil leaf. Looked great, tasted even better!

I also made an egg swiss roll out of another sheet of oopsie batter that I didn't cook as firm as the one used for the chorizo bites. I left it to cool and spread finely chopped hard boiled egg mixed with homemade curry mayonaise and fresh chopped chives. I then rolled up the sheet of oopsie and left to firm for a bit in the fridge. I cut this into bitesize wheels. Also delicious!

Today I've also had a first: I prepared zucchini lasagne for the first time! I don't know why I've never tried it... I really love cooking and if I may say so, I'm not too bad at it either, but for some reason even ten years down the LC line I'm still trying out lots of old favourites for the first time!

- had some zucchini fettucchine (I bought this veggie spaghetti peeler thingy) the other day with homemade pesto and smoked salmon, another first. I now don't have to wait till spaghetti squash is in season!!!!!
Great ideas for uses of the oopsie rolls! I was thinking of rolling them with cream cheese and diced up strawberries.......maybe a sprinkle of splenda. Mmmmm

Zucchini makes the BEST pasta substitution! Even when I wasn't eating low carb I still made and really enjoyed Zucchini lasagna. Is that you got a julienne peeler like this:

These are the BEST!! Then you can sautee any veggie noodle and use it as you would for any pasta recipe. I made cucumber noodles with it once and made a "pasta" salad. It was cuke noodles, O+V dressing with seasonings, then cheese, pepperoni, peppers, onions, and tomato. WOWZERS it was yummy!

Carrots work good as noodles too!

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
Great ideas for uses of the oopsie rolls! I was thinking of rolling them with cream cheese and diced up strawberries.......maybe a sprinkle of splenda. Mmmmm

Zucchini makes the BEST pasta substitution! Even when I wasn't eating low carb I still made and really enjoyed Zucchini lasagna. Is that you got a julienne peeler like this:

These are the BEST!! Then you can sautee any veggie noodle and use it as you would for any pasta recipe. I made cucumber noodles with it once and made a "pasta" salad. It was cuke noodles, O+V dressing with seasonings, then cheese, pepperoni, peppers, onions, and tomato. WOWZERS it was yummy!

Carrots work good as noodles too!

I didn't get that peeler, mine is like an hourglass with two sized slicers: one for more fettucine sized strips, and one for more spaghetti sized strips. I put the to be spaghettied vegetable in and twist, twist twist... You can get endlessly long strands!

Your cuke pasta salad sounds delish, I may have to make it this weekend!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IndieKim
Stats: 202/163.8/130
WOE: Atkins-ish Low Carb
Start Date: 05/20??/2013
Must try these ideas!!!!
IndieKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Quick update on the zucchini lasagne: it was delicious!!!! Another LC staple to add to my repertoire!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote