LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Booo
Stats: HW 275/CW 230/GOAL 150
WOE: My Own Low Carb Plan
Start Date: Back On Track 7/15/13
WHEN do u start losing?

this is My 2nd Try at LC and I would like to know When My Body Will Say OK And Start Losing... I usually have Eggs for Breakfast - Chicken or Turkey Salad for Lunch - then a dinner of Meat & Greens... and I might have a Quest Bar for a Snack during the day... YES I am one of those Boring Eaters... I can eat the very same thing every single day and Never Get Bored I just am wondering WHEN my body is going to get the idea that I Want To LOSE...
Booo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
Boo.
I say Wait It Off, just stay on track, do not over eat! I am a boring eater too.
It is just fuel, not entertainment

Measure yourself as you start and keep measuring yourself and you will see changes even if you are not losing pounds. I am going thru this right now. I am fitting in to clothes I have not worn in 3 years, while the scale stubbornly stays the same. And it feels so good to slide into those shorts and jeans that I am easily able to just hanging tough on what I eat. For me to lose, I need to do low carb, low fat. . . I do Stillman's.

Oh yeah and this is a restart for me too. . .
GOAL 135 12/17/04
30 LB CLUB 11/25/04
40 LB CLUB 1/14/05
50 LB CLUB 5/16/05
60 LB CLUB 8/19/05[/color]
[color=PURPLE]729 CHEAT FREE DAYS THE ONLY PERSON I WAS FOOLING WAS MYSELF!!! [/color]
[color=red]The Sayonara CARBOnara Challenge *Colonel* GOAL[/color]
[color=green]"we need to love ourselves enough to give up entitlement thinking and start thinking in terms of what we need to do in order to be healthy." - Terry [/color]
Lowered goal to 120 1/10/05
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lokarbiebarbie
Stats: 185/120/125
WOE: Atkins 1972
Start Date: December 2008
I see you are doing 'My Own Low Carb Plan'. I started off doing that too...and it didn't work well for me. I came here, read voraciously, and found out there was a reason why doctors wrote the books that had plans that worked for so many (Protein Power and Atkins to name two).

I then got myself a copy of each (and I used and still use Atkins original '72 cuz the bars and shakes and such stall me, and I can't have soy in any form).

I read them, did what the induction said...and voila! Off I went.
Lokarbiebarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I've come to believe that consistency and patience is the key to successfully losing the weight. The best way to know if you're doing as well as you 'think' you are on the carbs is to track what you eat using one of the online food logs. It only takes me less than 5 minutes to log my entire day every morning and then I just tweak it here and there if I change my mind about something.

Then be patient. My top weight was 330 pounds and while I had times when my weight just whooshed off (lost the first 70 pounds in 3 months), there were times when I could go for 2 months or more losing and gaining and losing the same freakin' 3 pounds. The only reason it took me so long to get to maintenance was because at some point I'd lose patience and let the carb creep start.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Some people stall when eating sugar alcohols. Are you eating the Quest bars with SA or artificial sweeteners? They don't bother me, but a lot of people here on LCF report problems. Also, do you know how many calories you are eating? Their was a time that I wasn't eating enough calories and had to start tracking. Now I stay in a certain range for protein, carbs, and calories and I find it fairly easy to do with an online tracker. It makes me feel in control to know exactly what I've eaten for the day.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
So far I have lost well in Weeks 1, 6,7, and 9.

I think weeks 2 - 5 showed little loss because I was eating more while getting used to being low carb and I still had effects of my night eating problems.

The night stuff/cravings ceased in Week 4. Week 5 was a vacation (I lost part of a pound). I had lots of booze and my meal timing was weird.

Week 8 actually showed a tiny gain even though I was 100% on plan. I think it is possible that my body was just pausing after 2 straight weeks of good losses.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I am a boring eater, too. That said, I'd try switching some things around and see if the shakeup helps. I would also nix the bars. Many of the food intolerances or allergies will cause inflammation and stalls (among other things), and processed foods contain a bevy of those often-problematic ingredients (soy/lecithin, sweeteners, dairy, gluten, rice, potato, etc).
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #8

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Quote:
I've come to believe that consistency and patience is the key to successfully losing the weight. The best way to know if you're doing as well as you 'think' you are on the carbs is to track what you eat using one of the online food logs. It only takes me less than 5 minutes to log my entire day every morning and then I just tweak it here and there if I change my mind about something.
I agree. I count half a gram for things that say 0, too.
peanutte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
I lost weight right away. Have you been on plan for the past 3 weeks with no loss? Then I would say something is off about your diet - either the carbs, calories, or the quest bars.

I would suggest using a tracker to see what you are eating on a daily basis.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #10

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
Yeah, I also agree with that. This is not a diet where you should find yourself waiting around to start losing. Most people lose a fair amount right out of the gate because switching to low-carb causes initial water weight loss. Then your rate of loss slows down once you're losing stored fat.
peanutte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I lost a fair amount in the beginning of this restart, but then my pattern went back to normal, which for me means I have weeks in a row when I don't lose at all, and weeks when I do. I bounce down the scale, but I've lost over 50 lbs this way, so I won't complain about how it happens.

This is a graph of my daily weight chart, and you can see that in the beginning I lost, which is fairly normal, as the body is getting rid of unnecessary water as it enters ketosis. If you're not losing at the beginning, it may mean that you're not getting into ketosis. I would seriously reconsider the Quest bars until you know for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (29.5 KB, 6 views)
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #12

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Some of the quest bars don't have sugar alcohols.
I think those are the best of the bunch, when you're stuck and can't do anything but a bar.

YOu may need to track your intake for awhile to figure this out.
Posting a menu with quantities would help us help you figure it out. Posting macros (grams of carbs, protein, and fat, and total calories) would help.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 5kids
Stats: sw 184 8/13 cw 169 4/14
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/08/12 and again 08/08/13
I restarted yesterday and i'm also a boring eater. I'm just really a picky eater so i stick to the same foods. I keep track of my intake on ************. Maybe that would help you
5kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Atkins Chick
Stats: I weigh only 1x a month on the 16th
WOE: Atkins/Induction till the last 20 lbs
Start Date: Restarted 4-12-14
Ntombi, thank you for posting your scale. You can clearly see in the middle of your weight loss how you fluctuated and maintained around the same then it started moving down again. Im one of these people who stall a few months in and give up only to return and try again. Seeing that graph really shows to keep at it. Its very encouraging.
Atkins Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:57 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
You're very welcome, I'm glad it encouraged you. There are a lot like us, and we just have to persevere. We'll see people who started after us lose more quickly, and it's frustrating, but what's our alternative? Stop and regain? We've both done that, and had to buy the bigger t-shirt. No thanks.

I just want to point out that I have changed absolutely nothing the whole time. My food and activity level is exactly the same throughout. I've been restricted from exercise for medical reasons for about a year now, so I have to do it all with diet.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote