Old 07-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: exiledone1
Stats: 285/240/170
WOE: Atkins (The New Diet Revolution) on Induction
Start Date: 12/2/2013
Throat hurts bad when I stop Atkins & Slow Weight Loss

Hi Everyone,

I've been in a battle with carbs for quite a while now. I will get on Atkins for a few months and then get off because of one thing or another then back on Atkins and off. It's been a struggle to say the least, but I do like Atkins as I lost weight super fast.

Okay well let me get back on track. I've noticed this twice now. Whenever I stop Atkins and eat carbs again I develop a really bad sore throat the next day or so after. It almost feels like my tonsils are on fire. It will last for a day or two and then everything is fine. It's always the morning after I quit Atkins. Like I quit Monday. Ate normal Tuesday and today my throat is sore.

Any ideas what could be causing this. Also, I've noticed that I don't seem to be losing as much weight anymore on Atkins. I have always been someone who loses weight super fast on Induction.

Well lately I'm noticing I am baring losing anything at all. Is it possible that going on and off of Atkins all the time is making it harder for me to lose weight with Atkins. I doubt it, but just thought I would pose the question to my fellow Atkin friends.

I'm getting back on the horse tomorrow. I still eat basically the exact same way I have done in the past and got great weight loss, but now it's like maybe one pound every 1 and I'm on Induction. It's just odd.

Last edited by exiledone1; 07-31-2013 at 02:42 PM..
exiledone1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
probably acid reflux making your throat hurt. Happens to lots of people--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
I'm not sure about your throat, but many people find that every time they go back to LC they don't lose as fast as before.

Dr A speculates for the most part it's because you are aging and every year your metabolism slows , your lean body mass shrinks, your metabolic dysfunction is worse, etc.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote