Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Shopping in my own wardrobe, part 1! Share your NSV!

So I'm finally back to losing weight! And the inches are now slowly coming off again as well...

I have two large wardrobes (plus a chest of drawers) full of clothes that don't fit me because I gained all the weight back that I lost 6 years ago. After going up and down and on and off various plans I'm now back to what really works for me. And the results have started to show!

- my face is less puffy, and the second chin I grew is disappearing.
- my third belly has gone
- I have more energy
- I can wear my rings again because my hands are not so puffy

And most importantly: Jeans that I could not in all decency and comfort get closed three weeks ago now fit just fine! They close and it feels comfortable!!!

So on to the next pair of jeans, I've already put them out so I can see my new goal when I get dressed every day.

I don't have to buy new clothes, I can go shopping in my own home in my own wardrobes, LOL! Plenty of stuff there that can serve as new goal clothes!

What is your NSV (Non Scale Victory) this week?

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Garlic
Stats: 326 / 260 / 175
WOE: Atkins 2010
Start Date: May 25th, 2013
Well, I just put on a T - Shirt that I could never fit into before... and it is from a 2008 convention I attended. And it fits perfectly.
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I have the multi-size wardrobe too. I need to file things by size. I have my favourite trousers in 14/12/10 (UK sizes) I only have one pair of 14s, which I’m wearing, and which are getting a bit loose, but I have a stash in 12s and 10s that I bought when they had a sale. It’s nearly time to break out the 12s. The pair of trousers that I bought when I first lost a few pounds in 2003 fits now too.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Congratulations! I wish I had that option, but at the best of times, I only have about 5 outfits that I wear to death because I *HATE* to shop. My husband even does the grocery shopping because I hate it so much.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013
ahh I am looking forward to shopping in my own closet!! I gave away my 2's and many of my 4's. . . but I am not sure I will get that thin again. . . anywho, I have many 10's and 8's that I am looking forward to. . .
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Garlic
Stats: 326 / 260 / 175
WOE: Atkins 2010
Start Date: May 25th, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomiel View Post
Congratulations! I wish I had that option, but at the best of times, I only have about 5 outfits that I wear to death because I *HATE* to shop. My husband even does the grocery shopping because I hate it so much.
Can I have you chat with my wife?
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
I'm actually running out of old clothes to shop for in my closet.

I think I've got four pairs of jeans left to shrink into & two of those are probably too worn out to be worn out of the house.

I did just get into the last pair of slacks that were too small; lightweight fabric, black with one cargo pocket on the leg. I remember absolutely loving these slacks and being sad when they were too small. I haven't worn them anywhere yet.

I've been buying a few new clothes on clearance just a little small & am shrinking into them. I bought a blazer that I am hoping will fit just right when it starts getting cool.

I'm really having a hard time not completely freaking out over my situation. I got rid of the clothes that are too big a couple months ago & my closet is almost empty. I honestly have very little to wear. Anything I buy is going to be too large in a few months so I won't spend much on clothes bought now.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/292.8/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
I can't wear my wedding ring again as well! That was a GREAT victory.
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/143/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
Wedding ring and size 8 skirts. Doing the happy dance for sure!
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Yesterday I wore a pair of pants that I used to love but had not fit in ages. I would stuff myself into them every so often to see if they fit but no such luck. I finally was able to wear them ALL day at work comfortably. Hard to believe I fit into a size 4 again!
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: snowmop
Stats: 113/89/90 4' 10" 67 yrs old
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Long, long ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by idioglossic View Post
ahh I am looking forward to shopping in my own closet!! I gave away my 2's and many of my 4's. . . but I am not sure I will get that thin again. . . anywho, I have many 10's and 8's that I am looking forward to. . .
Idioglossic!!!!! I remember you from years ago----- welcome back!!!!!!
snowmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
I'm afraid the only shopping I will be doing is at the store
I've never been smaller than size 8, and that was so long ago I got rid of it all.
I think I have 2 pairs of size 12 jeans, and one pair size 10.

I am a SAHM right now and mostly wear yoga pants and tshirts so a few pair the next size down won't break the bank.

But it'll be nice to slip on some cute jeans when I don't have a tummy to hide!
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/216/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
I bought a dress for an upcoming wedding in the MISSES department this week! I never thought I would ever be able to do that again.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Congratulations to all the losers!!!

It's so nice to see all the NSVs that everybody have had!

Well done!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Janknitz
Stats: 254/184/150
WOE: Low Carb High Fat, Primal
Start Date: June 16, 2011
I have one of those closet systems with the metal racks and poles. My hanging shelf was supported on the pole with a little tiny plastic clip for 20 years, but last Friday night we heard a crash--the clip broke. I had to empty my closet in order to fix it, and found a treasure trove of skinnier clothes way in the back.

Some fit or will soon, including my favorite most ever jacket--wore it yesterday. After nearly 13 years some things are out of style (lots of BIG shoulder pads--I must have been retro even back then!) but the jacket is a classic.

Some of my old favorites had stains that almost glow in the dark and had to be discarded--sad. I added some to the rag bag.
Janknitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Changeling
WOE: Low carb & lifting weights & HIIT
Start Date: 23 July 2013
Oh, I can't WAIT for this to happen to me!!!!!!! My husband has even offered to buy me new clothes because "you wear the same thing all the time", but I politely declined and reminded him that I have bags and bags and bags of beautiful clothes stored all over the house... they just don't fit me ... YET!!!
Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:58 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Waving at Snowmop! Thanks for the welcome back!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
I buy an "inspiration" piece, something I love and something that will fit when I lose about 5 more pounds. Then I try it on about once a week. It's actually fun to see the difference as I shrink into it. Just bought a fantastic dress on vacation, it's a fall knit so I've got a couple of months to get down to the perfect fit, although it's not too bad right now. But it will be great minus 5 more pounds. I hang it on that back door of our bedroom to remind myself of my goal---hubby said I couldn't hang it on the refrigerator, LOL.

This is my third "inspiration" piece and it really works for me. One of the things about being overweight that I hated was wearing clothes I didn't really like, but were all I could fit into. Wearing something I love makes me feel better and more confident in business meetings.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceans
So Glad You Are Back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by idioglossic View Post
Waving at Snowmop! Thanks for the welcome back!
I have really missed your posts. Still sailing?
oceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:07 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I buy an "inspiration" piece, something I love and something that will fit when I lose about 5 more pounds. Then I try it on about once a week. It's actually fun to see the difference as I shrink into it. Just bought a fantastic dress on vacation, it's a fall knit so I've got a couple of months to get down to the perfect fit, although it's not too bad right now. But it will be great minus 5 more pounds. I hang it on that back door of our bedroom to remind myself of my goal---hubby said I couldn't hang it on the refrigerator, LOL.

This is my third "inspiration" piece and it really works for me. One of the things about being overweight that I hated was wearing clothes I didn't really like, but were all I could fit into. Wearing something I love makes me feel better and more confident in business meetings.
I really like this idea!!!!

I have unfortunately banned myself from clothes, bags, scarves and shoe shopping, LOL! I may have to go rummage in my wardrobes to find my 'Inspiration Piece' ! Thanks for the good idea!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thatphdguy
WOE: Modified Atkins extended induction
Start Date: May, 26 2013
I would love to go at least one size to be able to shop for jeans
I am patiently waiting
thatphdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:47 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Phdguy, I'm sure it won't be long now, you are doing so great!

I found my ultimate inspiration piece: a silk tunic designer dress that I have never even been able to wear, I'm ashamed to admit.... It's US size 6/8 which is my goal size...
I also have some of my favourite jeans in that size and can't wait to wear them again! Maybe next year I'll be able to post my inspiration piece pictures actually wearing the clothes!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:04 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Oceans. . . nice to see you too!

I am so glad to be back and I love this thread.

Yesterday from this thread, I was inspired to search my closet for a pair of jeans I have not had on in 1 year! I slid into them and reminded myself I must check out my clothes before they are tooooo big. I wore them all day, remembering to enjoy the feel of those jeans and knowing I looked great in them! This was my all day treat. . . much better than 10 minutes eating noodles for a reward for my day and stress. I really enjoyed wearing those jeans, all day long. . .

When I got home from work, I started dinner, (shoved a pre cooked 1/2 of Cornish hen into the oven) and ran to the closet to try clothes! Forgot about my dinner and almost ruined it! Then I shoved a lovely fresh local chicken in to bake for the weekend.

Ahh I found lots of clothes, that I will be wearing soon, and some 2s that I may never wear again. . . but we will see. I am not sure I want to get that thin. I did that journey, experiment if you will, to see what I really looked like under all this fat. And most everyone said I was too thin. . . as I was loading the weight back on, several people said, ahhhh here is the Pam I know! LOL still at the weight I wore 2s my legs were really ugly

Anywho, I encourage you all keep up the good work! We are the ones who control what we shove into our mouths.

I have decided to try to wear a different outfit everyday. No more same old same old clothes wearing rut for me. And then I promise myself to go out of the house feeling like a million bucks cuz I know I look better than yesterday!! oh yes and a touch of make up on before leaving home. . . and a and I will have a wonderful day! Hugs to all
GOAL 135 12/17/04
30 LB CLUB 11/25/04
40 LB CLUB 1/14/05
50 LB CLUB 5/16/05
60 LB CLUB 8/19/05[/color]
[color=PURPLE]729 CHEAT FREE DAYS THE ONLY PERSON I WAS FOOLING WAS MYSELF!!! [/color]
[color=red]The Sayonara CARBOnara Challenge *Colonel* GOAL[/color]
[color=green]"we need to love ourselves enough to give up entitlement thinking and start thinking in terms of what we need to do in order to be healthy." - Terry [/color]
Lowered goal to 120 1/10/05
Old 08-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #24
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Congratulations to you all on your NSVs!

I am so thrilled to read everyone's winning moments, because it's so important to know that the scale isn't always going to move, but it's in those moments we can be moved by just how far we have come.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 AM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Great thread! I'm enjoying hearing about your victories.

I'm trying on clothes from the closet and am finding some nice things. I can wear my summer shirts from last year. It's nice to have pretty pastels to wear on these hot days.

I was sitting with friends last night and I was spinning my rings around on my fingers to show how loose they are.

And now for the one I'm thrilled about:

I am recovering from metabolic syndrome-type of fat. It's the kind that piles on at the middle. A couple days ago I noticed 'jiggly puff'--- that weird bumpy fat that looks loose and blobby. It sometimes is a signal that a big body shape change or a whoosh in weight loss is coming.

This morning the mirror showed me an old friend---- my waist line!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #26
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
I love to hear all of these great NSVs!

One thing that has been happening lately is catching a glimpse of myself and actually being able to see that I'm smaller. It can be so hard to see the difference because we see ourselves all the time and the changes are gradual.

It might be looking in the bathroom mirror & seeing that my face is more of the oval shape it is naturally than the roundish shape it had become. A few times I've looked down and noticed that my thighs are much smaller. These are very neat moments. They tell me that I'll be seeing myself correctly by the time I've lost all the excess fat. That is so important! Some people always see that "before" image in their minds even after they've lost a lot of weight.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
I LOVE this thread! The best kindof NSV.

I'm looking forward to shopping in my own knee-length, A-line skirt aisle again. I haven't been able to wear skirts in so long, just empire-length dresses -- more forgiving to midsections.

And today I bought slacks that are just a teensy bit too small, as sort of a mini-goal for the next two weeeks....
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ocean
Stats: 240/144/ Below 145 5'1.5"
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: June 2010
I have pretty much been maintaining for a while, so I don't have a lot of victories anymore.

However, I was at the pool today and the only other people there were a bunch of obnoxious 17-20ish year boys. I went to jump in the water and one of the guys said, "Hot babe is in the water" I wasn't sure if I should be disgusted or flattered since at 41 I am old enough to be his mother.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Emel interesting about metabolic syndrome-type of fat, I had to google it. . . ;/ I always had a waist. . . well it is gone. In the past I would gain weight back in the same places. . . but this time, the lbs have landed on my middle. . . I proved it, by trying to wear a size 10 Levi shorts that used to be tight in my thighs and backside, but no problem on my waist. Yesterday they were very lose on my thighs and butt and I could hard button them, and of course the resulting mushroom made them impossible to wear. So interesting. . confirmed my thoughts.

Ocean, yes love the sea! 41 is young, enjoy. . . and hot is hot at any age!

Olive great idea, because inches are what counts and they often come off without the scale moving.

DiamondDeb funny about mirrors, and glimpses of ourselves. Me I was in complete denile. I did not see myself in the mirror realistically. Photos other people took however shook me up, and forced me to "see" myself. Strange stuff. Now I am "looking" at myself in the mirror and wondering how I let all this fat back on. To weird, what games our minds play.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 84k
Stats: 280 > 205.2 > 200
Start Date: 7/5/2013
Had my first nsv's
- wearing just a t-shirt, for the past 6yrs I've layered with hgodies or shirts as I felt better with 2 layers, plus t-shirts above 2xl tend not to fit great.

- fitting back in 2xl, I know that's massive to most, but again, not managed it in 6/7/8 years, kept 1 2xl t-shirt and wore it with confidence to aldi the other day, the cute checkout girl commented on the t-shirt, and weight loss

- went shopping the other day as my jeans are getting loose, tried a size down - too big still! Gone down 2 sizes and a top size, pulled on a slim fit shirt with roll sleeves and it fit great, and was stretching it at the arms
84k is offline   Reply With Quote