Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #121
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
The beautiful open-front blazer I bought too small in June hoping it would fit this fall does!

It runs small & was so tight when I got it (ordered online, amazing deal, got the very last one!) that I was afraid it would never fit. It is lined & I could hardly get my arms in it. Now all I need is somewhere special to wear it. lol...
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aleina
Stats: 224/ 172.9 31 Jan /150
WOE: Epi Paleo
Start Date: 15 Nov 2012 various WOES
The sailing capris size XL that I bought on Ebay type site finally fit . To boot they are of a fabric that you cannot get here anymore ( impermeable great for sailing)
Also I can now get into all the dresses I bought for the day when...
Aleina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:04 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Even though I am struggling with my weight at the moment (inflammation issues) I noticed that my stomach was nice and flat this morning and my BF commented on how nice my (very, very old) pullover looked on me!

Everyone, thanks for contributing to this thread and thanks for all the great sharing! Well done for all the great NSVs!!!!!!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aquarius
Stats: 190/135/125
WOE: Atkins-ish
Start Date: 3/3/2012
Today I have two.

First, I am wearing knee-high boots. Without a zipper. Had absolutely no problem pulling them on. (They are purple, my favorite color!)

Second, my one email account is being spammed like crazy, which in and of itself sucks. But one I keep getting has the subject line "Imagine being the same size you were in high school!" And, uh, I pretty much am.
Aquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #125

As of this morning I no longer own any jeans that are too small for me! I had no problem getting into the last two pairs I had in my "almost but not quite there" drawer. At the beginning of the year I had two drawers over-flowing with jeans that were too small for me. Now those drawers are both empty.

The jeans I've been wearing are getting loose but I can still wear them. I wonder if I can make it to the end of the year without buying any? I'm hoping to find some good ones at the consignment shop I use.

BTW, I have gone through many different brands as well as sizes and one really stands out - Lee. I need to write down the details of the fabric & style so I can look for it when I start shopping for jeans. They hold their shape better than any other jeans I've had in recent years.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 7.2.14 * 249#
WOE: Atkins 72, controlled portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
Thank you all. This is so inspiring! I just went to the closet. To check sizes. I've been wearing the same 2 pr of jeans. I found 2 NEW pr the same size... Still have labels on. It's too a long story. I'm going to return them for a store credit.
I have jeans every size all the way to goal... I think I will dig out the next size down & hang it as inspiration.
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: limetwist
Stats: [5'8"] 230/IT IS A MYSTERY/135ish
WOE: Low carb - Intermittent fasting
Start Date: 01/2011, got lazy/married, rebooting FOR REAL 2014
For now, my non-scale victory is the sheer ultra-hyper-mega-boost in my mental wellbeing.

When I was eating like crap, I felt like crap. I was too afraid to face my inner turmoil until I had what was essentially a mini-meltdown after experiencing pain from my wedding ring in my bloated fingers (both from the food, and from gaining weight).

I've been crap-free (wheat, sugar) for 7+ days now, and I feel as light as a feather. Not quite physically, but mentally. I feel like I have control of my life again. I'm planning my meals and savoring every bite I take. My teeth feel cleaner. I just feel more alert. Aside from the low carb flu, that is. That too, will pass! My body is just like "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, MAN WE WERE REALLY ENJOYING THOSE CARB ENDORPHINS, THIS STINKS :["

Born again from the bread crumbs—a life journal, low-carb style
limetwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/157.8/?
WOE: lc
Great feeling isn't it Cristin
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Russ
Stats: Restart 7.2.14 * 249#
WOE: Atkins 72, controlled portions
Start Date: Original start 2000, 252/168
I am so psyched!!
Just Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Last night I was at my poker league. The room we play in is actually an enclosed sunporch and it is almost entirely windows. Between games we were standing around chatting and I caught an unexpected glimpse of my full-length reflection. It was the first time since my weight loss that I actually had the reaction, "Damn! I HAVE lost a lot of weight!"

I mentioned this moment to my husband on the way home, and he just shook his head in disbelief. He's been telling me all along that it shows.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susan41
Stats: 243/202/?
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 4th 2013 sugar first, then LC august 25th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
Last night I was at my poker league. The room we play in is actually an enclosed sunporch and it is almost entirely windows. Between games we were standing around chatting and I caught an unexpected glimpse of my full-length reflection. It was the first time since my weight loss that I actually had the reaction, "Damn! I HAVE lost a lot of weight!"

I mentioned this moment to my husband on the way home, and he just shook his head in disbelief. He's been telling me all along that it shows.
Lol, I sort of had the same reaction the other day, and is really haven't lost that much but my shape is changing dramatically. I went to a restaurant we frequent about every 2 months or so and they have a pretty close up full length in the ladies room that is totally unavoidable when you get up from going potty and pulling yourself back together. I was like wow. I'm littler! I even did a full turn around 2x to see it lol. Went back to the table and fiancé said... What are you grinning about? Then I ordered my ribeye lol.
susan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was like wow. I'm littler! I even did a full turn around 2x to see it lol. Went back to the table and fiancé said... What are you grinning about? Then I ordered my ribeye lol.
Such a nice feeling, isn't it? Getting littler and having your ribeye too! I do love this way of eating. I will never leave it again.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/179/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK/MFF
Start Date: Feb 2012
I am finally able to get into clothes I haven't seen since 2009.
A nice maxi skirt and a few tops in medium actually fit.Great motivation for next two months!!!
lowcarbella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Love that feeling Aquarius!!
My Aunt gave me a Bag full of clothes that she didn't want anymore and on top was a Super cute pair of size 4 jeans. They looked So tiny so I never imagined they would fit but I tried them on and they Do! And fit Good!! I swear my jaw dropped to the floor Lol! To go from a Tight size 16 to being able to wear a 4 Jeans is still mind blowing to me!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post

Very cool! Enjoy this every day!

I've been having some similar moments recently. It is a lot more fun once we start seeing the changes for ourselves. and all the other kinds of changes, too.

I'm so light on my feet now & I know it will get even better. I hope I always remember what it felt like when I was at my heaviest & unhealthiest. The difference is incredible. And wonderful.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Barbie83
Stats: 266/251.6/180
WOE: Low Carb/Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: 2/19/2014
i can't wait to do this! i have fabulous slacks from New york and company that actually still have tags on them!!! i ordered online and couldnt bear to return them when i realized i am no longer a 16. Victory shall be mine once again!
Barbie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LowCarbedD
Stats: 169.2/135.4/149
Start Date: restart 8/13
I woke up feeling skinny..so I tried on a few more of my sz 6's..my sz 6 (med 6's)...fit in a great pr of pants..and another pr of Lucky Brand sz 29's skinny jeans... THEY fit!! Sizes are so different depending on brand...fit in another sz sm top...so many more sz 6 bottoms and sz small tops to go!!! I went to Marshalls and TJMaxx..to try on clothes..fit in 1 sz 4 ( DKNY) ...and a couple sz sm tops...didn't fit in any other sz 4....fit in many of the 6's... exercise and low carb works!!!
My first official weigh-in day this round of readjusting is Monday..I'll be faithful the next few days for that alone
LowCarbedD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #138

I'm enjoying lots of NSVs lately!

A few days ago I had a monthly meeting at church. One woman who serves on the mission team with me had been away traveling for several months. When she saw me she did a double-take and said, "You've been busy! I almost didn't recognize you!" I'd been losing before she went away & she knew I was working at it.

Today I stopped for produce at the local health food store. As I was checking out, my friend W, who works there, told me I was really looking great. He added, "When I don't see you for a while and then you stop in, it's like, WOW!"

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 11-21-2013 at 04:54 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto

I love coming here and reading all the NSV's. It is such a wonderful, positive thread and makes me so happy inside!

Well done and congratulations to everyone! And thanks for keeping on sharing all the wonderful things that LC brings!

My NSV is that I notice the inflammation in my back getting less every day. And that I've lost lots of inches! I suddenly noticed myself today that my lower belly is tightening up and disappearing!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/179/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK/MFF
Start Date: Feb 2012
I still have about 26 lbs to goal weight,but I tried a few tops I used to wear at *goal weight* and I can squeeze in them.bursting at seams but can squeeze in.
before I could not get them past my neck LOL.
I also tried a few pants I wore at goal weight,they fit my thighs but cannot button.which I translate as
I am not too far away from fitting into those.
lowcarbella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

today I am wearing my darling soft denim button down shirt sz SM...!!!!!! It is soooo cute...first time Ive worn it!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #142

I bought a WHITE blouse!

lol... For many years gym socks were the only white clothing I owned so this is a big NSV!

Last summer I got a white tank top for layering under things but the one I bought yesterday buttons down the front & will be worn alone or with a tank top underneath. It is so pretty; it has lace & eyelet trim. I can't wait to wear it!

Wow, if I can wear a white top those white jeans I keep thinking about can't be too far off!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
I used to hate shopping and dreaded warmer weather and summer, but this year is different; now that I've lost 52lbs I'm psyched about it. The shorts I wore last summer (46s/48s) I am packing in boxes to give to a family member here soon. Meanwhile I'm shopping online and trying to find sales for a new summer wardrobe and I'm loving every minute of it. Not only are the clothes cheaper the smaller you are, there is more variety and more hot styles to choose from!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

I wore my small sz 4 DKNY capris today... I have only 3 more sz 4 pants/capris left..all my sz s tops fit....my 32C bras fit perfect..I wear sz 5 panties....I can boulder....I can walk 7-9miles easily....I am rarely tired.I am 59.....old by many standards..not old in fitness level...weight is ideal for my height...maintenance as always is my challenge
Old 04-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #145

I really believe that every single day on plan is a NSV. Each and every one of us should celebrate that.

Even when the world dumps another load of stress-causing problems on my head I can find many reasons to be joyful & celebrate because my WOL keeps me strong & feeling well. It is something I can control when everything else in the world seems out-of-control.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gofigr
Stats: 233/197/160
WOE: <20 carb
Start Date: Summer 2013
The jeans that used to be hard to button fell off today when I loosened my belt.
gofigr is offline   Reply With Quote