LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: islegirl
Stats: 148/?
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
I buy an "inspiration" piece, something I love and something that will fit when I lose about 5 more pounds. Then I try it on about once a week. It's actually fun to see the difference as I shrink into it. Just bought a fantastic dress on vacation, it's a fall knit so I've got a couple of months to get down to the perfect fit, although it's not too bad right now. But it will be great minus 5 more pounds. I hang it on that back door of our bedroom to remind myself of my goal---hubby said I couldn't hang it on the refrigerator, LOL.

This is my third "inspiration" piece and it really works for me. One of the things about being overweight that I hated was wearing clothes I didn't really like, but were all I could fit into. Wearing something I love makes me feel better and more confident in business meetings.
Gotta love this post. I have many many beautiful outfits that are waiting for me to wear - many never worn! But I need to take them out to see them and be inspired by them to keep going with low carb.
islegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Another NSV this morning: I can see my hip bones when I lie down! Admittedly, they are still royally covered in fat, but they are there!!!!!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: idioglossic
Stats: 179/148/140 5'2"
WOE: Stillmans, low carb, low fat, low sodium, 2 meals
Start Date: August 29, 2004/Restart July 28, 2013

I loved reading each and every post here this morning, since I have
not been here in a while!

Wonderful news posted by all is so exciting and inspirational

Nothing more wonderful than going down a size in our clothes. . . and feeling comfortable in our clothes. Looking forward to getting dressed in the morning is all joy.

I remember most of my life, feeling like a stuffed pig in my clothes. . . and ripping them off the minute I got home. Or not going somewhere because I did not have anything to fit me. ALL that HELL for carby food??

I do need to stay low fat, as well as no carb to lose. And can add some carbs to maintain. But why why why did I not see the way?

to all
GOAL 135 12/17/04
30 LB CLUB 11/25/04
40 LB CLUB 1/14/05
50 LB CLUB 5/16/05
60 LB CLUB 8/19/05[/color]
[color=PURPLE]729 CHEAT FREE DAYS THE ONLY PERSON I WAS FOOLING WAS MYSELF!!! [/color]
[color=red]The Sayonara CARBOnara Challenge *Colonel* GOAL[/color]
[color=green]"we need to love ourselves enough to give up entitlement thinking and start thinking in terms of what we need to do in order to be healthy." - Terry [/color]
Lowered goal to 120 1/10/05
idioglossic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Olive
WOE: <20 net carbs/day
Start Date: May 12 2014
I am really looking forward to getting dressed every morning for work, for the first time in forever. I also feel like I look much better in my loungewear around the house too...
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #95
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
I must say, I am enjoying being on the receiving end of increasingly frequent harmless & appreciative looks, gestures, comments and, um, grunts from men I don't know.

These are fun & unexpected NSVs! I'm always surprised when they happen & they make my day.

I know there will be some annoying behaviors from men along the way but so far I have not had to deal with any.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 183.0/176.0/135 5'6" (highest wt. 215)
WOE: Low Carb/Low Fat Stills
Start Date: May 27, 2014 (restart)
My first compliment wasn't just "oh, you look like you've lost weight!" rather "you look so different that I hardly recognized you!" Yes, hearing that felt SO awesome!
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymousity View Post
My first compliment wasn't just "oh, you look like you've lost weight!" rather "you look so different that I hardly recognized you!" Yes, hearing that felt SO awesome!
WOW! Way to go!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:32 AM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CurlsNCuffs
Start Date: April 2, 2003
Awesome. I converted a spare bedroom in my house to a clothes closet / dressing room. I have tons of clothes, all sizes. I have been shopping my own closet. Love.
CurlsNCuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dgidaho
Stats: 221/193/160
WOE: Low Carb--began with Atkins
Start Date: March 21, 2013
What an awesome thread!

I've read through the victories everybody has posted and it certainly IS uplifting! Congratulations to all!

I've begun to wash and fold up clothes that have become too big. The pile is growing larger and will soon be big enough to give away. That means I'm shopping in my closet now. It's certainly gratifying to wear clothes that have been out of reach for so long!

Here are two NSV's I've especially appreciated. One--I can cross my legs! lol The fat just above the back of my knees that made the top leg slide off the other has almost completely disappeared. Two--I no longer have to dress to hide the back fat bulges (which had gotten very large). I wore a fitted shirt the other day to work. It's been several years since I've done that!
dgidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jseymour1591
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 16, 2013
This feeling is great! Ive been low carbing for 6 weeks and ive gone in clothing sizes and I am wearing clothes I havent worn in years! I just put on a pair of jeans today that actually never fit me but I never returned them... now they fit great! I posted a before and after of my face on facebook and so many people said I looked great! That really made my confidence go up.. oh! And my wedding rings are getting too big! Even though I hate the hassle of getting them resized... its so worth it
jseymour1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kittycatmom
Stats: 184/159/150
WOE: Low carb, high fat, moderate protein / gluten free
Start Date: August 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatmom View Post
Olive, that is great!!!! I'm at a point now where a lot of my jeans, especially, are getting really baggy but the next size down fits, but tightly. I did buy a pair of a style I like in that next size smaller. Will come and share when they fit perfectly
I'm quoting myself because today is the day! The new jeans fit nicely this morning
Kittycatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #102

Quote:
I'm quoting myself because today is the day! The new jeans fit nicely this morning
WTG!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ocean
Stats: 240/144/ Below 145 5'1.5"
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: June 2010
One of my first grade students gave me a hug today. She thought it was so cool that she could wrap her arms all the way around me when she hugged me. She totally didn't mean it as a compliment but I took it that way.
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #104
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christina6281
Stats: 172/150/130 someday
Start Date: Sept 6 2013
I can't wait till I can fit into my old clothes again. I have a lot of size 0,1 and 2 jeans but honestly don't think that is ever gonna be a realistic size for me. I need to give them away to someone who can use them. What I am really looking forward to are my size 8 jeans. I am determined to get there
christina6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #105
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Quote:
Yay!!!
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Love the NSVs here!

I struggle with the same 5-7 lbs which seems like forever.

Fortunately though, since I've been faithful to my weight training, those extra 5-7 lbs. possibly represent my new set point.

I've been getting comments that I look fit and healthy, and I am surprised, but recently I've gone into my closet and tried on my smaller clothes, and they're fitting again. I would like to think that those extra lbs are more muscle than fat. Don't have a truly reliable fat calculator, but I know the percentage has gone down.

I would still like to see a lower number on the scale cause isn't that what we've been geared to do for so many years?!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
One of my first grade students gave me a hug today. She thought it was so cool that she could wrap her arms all the way around me when she hugged me. She totally didn't mean it as a compliment but I took it that way.
I love this!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #108

I measured my feet & they have officially shrunk.

I've gone from 7.5 wide to 7.25 medium. I am halfway between a 7 & 7.5.

I can wear some old shoes that had become too small. I won't buy any new shoes until the ones I have start to fall off.

I will most likely end up at 6 or 6.5 medium. I'm going to have fubn shoe-shopping next year! But I will miss some great shoes I have now.

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 09-26-2013 at 03:28 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2AandE
Stats: 237/177/140
WOE: Low Carb-due to PCOS
Start Date: May 25, 2013
My NSV happened at the mall last night. I was able to shop in the Misses dept. for the first time in years for pants especially. I am also out of 1x sizes in tops and can comfortably wear an XL.
Mom2AandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2AandE View Post
My NSV happened at the mall last night. I was able to shop in the Misses dept. for the first time in years for pants especially. I am also out of 1x sizes in tops and can comfortably wear an XL.

That is a big NSV.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
It is a huge boost to drop clothing size(s).
Does anyone have a user-friendly checklist for sorting, tossing, and acquiring clothes.
No more than 5 criteria as that's all the fingers I have on my hand.
I am thinking of things such as: is this a good color, does this make me feel good, is this comfortable, will I ever wear this, etc. I am open to all suggestions!
Patience is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
It is a huge boost to drop clothing size(s).
Does anyone have a user-friendly checklist for sorting, tossing, and acquiring clothes.
No more than 5 criteria as that's all the fingers I have on my hand.
I am thinking of things such as: is this a good color, does this make me feel good, is this comfortable, will I ever wear this, etc. I am open to all suggestions!
I could use help on figuring out what essentials to get when all the clothes you had are too big so you need to buy more but everything you buy now will be too big in a few months... That is where I am right now.

I think I'm going to be able to get the most use out of layering pieces like tank tops & different cardigans/jackets. I find I can wear these a bit small, when they fit perfectly, and also a bit bigger than just a top alone. I'm currently wearing 4 different sizes in tank tops! I'm also finding I seem to go through sizes faster the more I lose. At least right now. I've had sales gals suggest I go down a size smaller than I was asking for a few times and I was surprised they were right.

For getting rid of things, I did that several months ago. Anything too big, too worn or too ugly went. No keeping things for the sake of keeping them. If it fit but I would not wear it why keep it? I got rid of things that fit but that were ugly, outdated, etc.

Too worn got tossed, OK things were donated, and the good things went/will go to a good consignment shop to help fund smaller clothes. My closet is 3/4 empty. I think my dresser has two empty drawers at this point. But it sure is easy to find what fits! ..well, until they get too big, too.
into generations of society. ~
Mark Sisson, The Primal Blueprint
Old 09-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #113
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I shocked myself when I put on a 1x skirt yesterday in preparation for a job interview this week. That was just the boost I needed to feel more confident!
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra View Post
I shocked myself when I put on a 1x skirt yesterday in preparation for a job interview this week. That was just the boost I needed to feel more confident!
WTG!

Even though we're working at shrinking it is always a bit of a surprise when we actually drop to the next size! How'd that happen?!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/261.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Today I got my strapless bra on without assistance. Last time I put it on my fat kept me from putting on by myself, I had to have my Mom/roommate help me.
BecBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #116
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
WTG!

Even though we're working at shrinking it is always a bit of a surprise when we actually drop to the next size! How'd that happen?!
You're not kidding! The other thing is I know I'm not quite a 1x yet. If I am, that has to be some magical mystery vanity sizing right there.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I bought and comfortably fit into medium sized bikini underwear! And I'm fairly pair-shaped, so my butt/hips are my most substantial part. So, I'm amazed. I bought XL's in the same brand after I lost my first 15 pounds or so and it was getting so I had to roll them down, yoga-pant style.

The 36C cup bras (picked up at costco so couldn't try them on) were a no-go, though. The bra (now I am down to one that doesn't fall off) that I have been wearing all along is a 40DD, and I'd say it looks about half full, so I thought there'd be a shot at a C, but it looked like a freaking training bra or something! Before I started packing on the pounds, in my late 20's, I was a B or barely C, but I cannot even imagine that now. I wonder if that means I have a long way to go??? It did fit around me and fasten w/o being too tight, though.

And... even though I haven't actually lost any pounds in many weeks -- since the last week in july -- everyone has had something to say about it this week! I guess I must be working on some inches.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/142.5/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
It feels good when your go to skinny clothes in the closets are loose on you now. Although the weight is not coming off more quickly, my clothes tell a different story. I do not want to buy new ones as I still have 15 bls. to go. I just put on a belt, which reminds me to add more holes to it.
Romy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #119

I no longer stress eat.

I realized it when I was picking up a few things at the grocery store on my way home this evening. I have had a boat-load of stressful things to deal with over the last several months and the last couple weeks have been horrible... I've just been dealing with the problems as best I can and keeping everything else the same as usual. I haven't even overeaten regular foods.

Sugar & starchy junk food no longer occur to me as options. Not at all. My old sugar-free junk foods like ice cream did not occur to me either. I just picked up grassfed burger, chicken, and a bunch of veggies when I was shopping tonight.

It did occur to me that I might need to do a little extra cardio over the weekend for stress-relief... I don't think I ever had that thought before!

Last edited by DiamondDeb; 10-18-2013 at 03:51 PM..
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

First Halloween since I was s kid that I have really been looking forward to -- have the cutest Minnie Mouse costume ready, with a red/white polka dot halter dress. Without LC, I wouldn't feel good or confident about wearing it!!