LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rcookie
Stats: 325/304.2/185
WOE: LC
Start Date: April 2013
Weekend off plan!! But how bad was it??

I didn't plan my food for the weekend....bad idea.

Saturday morning we went to a resort all day to swim.
I didn't have time to plan/pick up groceries, etc.
My food that day was:

Breakfast:low carb tortilla with no sugar peanut butter (too much PB)
lunch: from the cafe: cesear salad with chicken and a hot dog, no bun (I did use the dressing AND ate the croutons. Oops)
snack: low carb tortilla with too much PB
dinner: eggs and bacon late that night when we got home.

Sunday...no excuse for being off plan. Just lost my mind. Husband wanted mexican food for lunch.

lunch: mexican restaurant, chips and salsa.....yes, chips. I ordered a salad with avocado, shrimp, egg, all good. But also ordered a side of refried beans...I miss refried beans so much! lol.
I ate all of the beans...was so full I couldn't move and didn't touch the salad.
Dinner: ate the left over salad w/ mayo

I'm up two pounds today.

So I'm kicking myself because I didn't stick to my plan. BUT, this is my first cheat in several months and I'm thinking....it wasn't so bad right? I mean I definitely ate too many carbs but it's not like I ate the elephant ears my kids were eating on Friday or the ice creams they were eating on Saturday, etc.
Right? Not so bad?
rcookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Well...for me it would be pretty bad. But, if your ok with it, that is what matters.
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mimivac
Stats: 160.4/131.4/132 -- body fat % 42.2/31.8/24
WOE: Back to low carb
Start Date: July 1, 2012
Wouldn't be that bad for me. You've done great for months. Just get back on plan now. Happens.
mimivac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
It's all subjective- that would be really bad for me, especially because it was very impulsive. I am in maintenance and I do eat high carb stuff but it's all planned ahead of time.

But, all that matters is how you feel about it. Actually what matters even more is going right back on plan. As long as you jump right back on plan and don't take too many weekends off then yes you should be fine.

Last edited by nolcjunk; 07-29-2013 at 01:07 PM..
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/141/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
If it works for you...more power to ya! You seem to be looking for confirmation that you can eat off plan this is your life, your body, your health. You can do as you please. For me- that day would have spelled disaster but for you...maybe not.
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: abby!
Stats: 168/134/125
It wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the chips at the Mexican restaurant. Google Chipotle's chops and guac and you'll be shocked at the amount of calories in those lovely chips. so no more chips Get right back on plan!
abby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #7

Gallery: peanutte
Stats: 188/118
WOE: Atkins maintenance
Start Date: 01/03/09
I think you have to look at it within the broader context of your own weight history. I don't know anything about you so I am not going to guess. But, for myself, I would need to look at a weekend like that in terms of what I'd done in the past, how that did or didn't work out the way I wanted, etc.

One day off-plan or a weekend off-plan can seem relatively harmless, but if I knew I were the kind of person who would take that impression of "harmless" and start to give myself more permission to justify going off-plan, that wouldn't work out so well for me.

It's not the end of the world, but you might want to re-assess your goals and think about what's going to really help you achieve what you want.

To me, it's not always about the specific foods I ate, and didn't gain weight--it's also about the mindset in which I eat those foods. I can't give myself too much slack or I will start making poor decisions more easily. Like nolcjunk said, planning for something like tortilla chips at a particular restaurant is one thing; making a spontaneous decision just because I am in the mood to rationalize being careless is another thing.
peanutte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

definitely not looking for confirmation that I can eat off plan. Not at all.

just putting it out there. And trying to have some perspective on it. I felt a little like a failure this morning and needed to just put it out there.

Thankfully....it has not been disaster. I am not having cravings or feeling terrible. So grateful for that which was my main concern. Back on track today with no issues so far.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby! View Post
It wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the chips at the Mexican restaurant. Google Chipotle's chops and guac and you'll be shocked at the amount of calories in those lovely chips. so no more chips Get right back on plan!
I know, they are terrible!! I'm afraid to even google it.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I don't think you should be feeling bad about it. And to the extent that you do... we are all a work in progress. When I feel bad about my eating, I try to really be mindful of it and use it to my advantage next time -- try to think about it *before* I go off plan the next time. As time goes by and I have had more of those experiences, I seem to be getting better at staying on plan.

Lately, I've been making a real point of staying gluten free no matter what and, if I go off plan and have a carby gluten free meal, I get right back on. I have definitely had meals that were worse in terms of carbs and calories than what you had, and not felt bad about them bc I'm a work in progress and I'm not even entirely sure what I'm progressing toward yet except that I have been making great strides toward a healthy way of eating and a healthy body.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thatphdguy
WOE: Modified Atkins extended induction
Start Date: May, 26 2013
I think "good" or "bad" are not easy concepts to measure. I think it all depends how your body will respond to the amount of carbs you ate.
I had a crazy day 3 weeks ago and took me 8-10 days days to get back on track and lose the water my body was "holding" tight
Not worth it at all

I think you did the right thing by getting back on plan right away...

Last edited by thatphdguy; 07-29-2013 at 06:50 PM..
thatphdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #12

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
What you eat is not a moral issue.

Good clean eating can take the desire for the gunk away. But if you're not there yet, you can use supplements like magnesium and salt to keep you feeling well while you get to the point that food is fuel, and then you can make great choices without any need for willpower.

I will be happy to yammer about the nuances of what might work for you.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote