Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   I don't feel guilty (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808782-i-dont-feel-guilty.html)

Gibbs 07-28-2013 12:36 AM

I don't feel guilty

Maybe just a little miserable. Italian restaurant and NOTHING sounded good that I could have. Since February, I haven't cheated once, so I decided I deserve something from the old way of life. Bread, pasta, and 2 martinis. The food was awesome but the side effects of rapid heart beat, feeling hot in the face and just a totally stuffed feeling weren't. As much as I enjoyed the food, it may be another 5 month's before I do it again. I know high carbs are not for me and I know I don't HAVE to have them!! I'm proud of that :)

Ooohhhhh and the Italian nachoes were freaking awesome!!! :yummy:

Trillex 07-28-2013 01:21 AM

I'm currently in Napoli, on the southern coast of Italy, and I've stayed ON PLAN the whole time I've been here, since I arrived in Napoli on 19 July. And I stayed ON PLAN while I was in Istanbul the week before coming to Napoli. It's a minute-to-minute struggle while traveling -- trying to figure out what's breaded and what contains sugar, because every chef seems to put his own spin on every classic -- but I'm fighting HARD to keep my diet and health commitment to myself.

I've lost 93.5 pounds since I started Atkins last May and that progress -- and my good health -- is MUCH more important to me than a pizza margherita or sfogliatella or gelato or WHATEVER. Nothing here -- or anywhere in the world -- tastes awesome enough to be worth the back pain and low stamina that I suffered before I committed to this diet and lost 93.5 pounds.

I'm not saying you *should* feel guilty -- I'm not your judge or jury or whatever. But in my experience, the choices you make can either change your life for the better or leave you where you are or, at worst, take you back to where you started. And it seems to me, if you can't commit to sticking with the plan while faced with challenges, then it's going to be extremely difficult to make significant, lasting, lifestyle changes. Looking back at how bad you feel *after* you've made the choice to eat off plan won't produce the same results as staying on plan, because you already know that eating on plan is your path to good health and that eating off plan food hasn't helped you in the past.

Just my $0.02! Ciao-ciao!

frank 07-28-2013 03:44 AM

And you should not, based on your stats you are fine and will continue to have success... "fight the fight"

Trigger828 07-28-2013 04:54 AM

guilt. cruddy emotion :)

your choice to eat higher carbs. it is a meal by meal decision for everyone. if you choose to eat higher carbs than do it. get back on plan and forget about it.

rndiane 07-28-2013 12:23 PM

Good job on getting back to LC. I have had a plan cheat twice since January. I enjoyed the foods I ate for those meals but them got right back on board. I had to own not losing weight for one week and not being in ketosis for a couple of days. If this is going to be a life time change for me, I need to be able to eat off plan once in a great while for something special and this is true for any plan.

Arctic_Mama 07-28-2013 01:08 PM

Tril! I was wondering where you were. Bravo on the traveling and remaining on plan - I find that to be the best feeling in the world :)

Gibbs - guilt has no place in this process. Just think through your choices, before and after effects, and make a decision. Then keep moving forward and doing it again and again. Weight loss is the process of building up more of those good choices that are health promoting than the ones that are not. You're in control, whatever you choose.

As for me, I'm with Trillex 100% on this. The only choices worth making, for me, are the ones that support my goal. I'm not always there, I don't always choose wisely, but it is ALWAYS a choice. For me, my health and feeling great are more important than sushi and icecream :)