Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Wow, this is really doing a number on me.

4th day on plan, 3rd day headache and today i am feeling like I am dragging. And last night, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself (down and deprived). Thinking....why is it that i don't want to do weight watchers again? oh yeah, LC is healthier.

Can we say "whiner"?

Sorry guys, better now.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetSugaree
Stats: 250/207/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: RESTART- 5/13/13
Hi,
Drink chicken broth.
You will feel better. A couple of people on this board told me about chiken broth and helping with induction flu, and it really cures it and works.
When I get to my goal weight, weight watchers is actually the plan I am going to follow. I did weight watchers for over five years and didn't gain. I also think weight watchers is very healthy. It teaches you how to eat in the real world. Any diet can be unhealthy if you make it an unhealthy one.
I hope you feel better.
SweetSugaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Janknitz
Stats: 254/184/150
WOE: Low Carb High Fat, Primal
Start Date: June 16, 2011
SALTY chicken broth. You need sodium and potassium. You are depleting your glycogen stores (a good thing!) and glycogen carries a lot of water away with it. Drinking salty broth helps as does eating potassium rich foods.

Dark leafy greens, avocados, and mushrooms all have potassium. Or you can buy electrolyte water at the store--it's unflavored--just tastes like plain water.

You not only will feel better, you'll feel GREAT in a few days. You just have to get to the "other side" of this.
Janknitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
This too shall pass.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Ok, going for the broth now.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jmc305
Stats: 323/220/205
WOE: Atkins mostly
Start Date: September 2011
Well this may not work for everyone, but here's what I do. I am not a "light switch" dieter. I can't go from yeast rolls and fries one day to Induction the next. I like to identify the major culprits in my diet and take bad things out one at a time. I start with sugar (the hardest one) and use L-glutamine and chromium to get me through it. I keep the salty potato chips and low carb bread as a "crutch." Next to bite the dust is wheat/gluten. I don't eat a lot of potatoes, so it's the last major thing to go. After that, I can fine tune by taking out diet soft drinks and minor things like that. It may take me 4-6 weeks to get fully "on plan" but when I do, it feels "ho-hum" and completely easy to stick with. I don't have the dread and anxiety of "OMG diet starts tomorrow, what am I gonna do" that I always have otherwise. Hope that helps somebody out there!
jmc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc305 View Post
Well this may not work for everyone, but here's what I do. I am not a "light switch" dieter. I can't go from yeast rolls and fries one day to Induction the next. I like to identify the major culprits in my diet and take bad things out one at a time. I start with sugar (the hardest one) and use L-glutamine and chromium to get me through it. I keep the salty potato chips and low carb bread as a "crutch." Next to bite the dust is wheat/gluten. I don't eat a lot of potatoes, so it's the last major thing to go. After that, I can fine tune by taking out diet soft drinks and minor things like that. It may take me 4-6 weeks to get fully "on plan" but when I do, it feels "ho-hum" and completely easy to stick with. I don't have the dread and anxiety of "OMG diet starts tomorrow, what am I gonna do" that I always have otherwise. Hope that helps somebody out there!

I like this. I did/do something similar.

I started by following what I envisioned my LC maintenance to be, for about a month. So basically, no sugar no starch - but as many nuts, cheeses, LC treats, etc. as I wanted. Then when I feel strong, I can remove "offenders" one at a time.
Bobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

My problem is just going back and forth. When on LC, I think ww or cc would be better, then when on one of those, I think that LC would be better
Sweetsugar...I know that ww works, I lost 40# in the past, what I am trying to wrap my head around is why it worked. It was high carb and low fat, and it seems that everything that I read now points to LC being best for health and weight loss. Years ago, I wouldn't even had considered low carb, because low fat was correct and the best.
Did I lose because it was better for me or did it turn out to be more of a calorie counting kinda thing??? Just so confused, and I give it way too much thought when imam feeling deprived, know what I mean?
Old 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Really, WW and low carb both work, and they can both be healthy for you. It's the high fat AND high carb that's so bad for you. It's all about choosing the WOE that YOU can live with and that works for you. Which way of eating do you feel better and less deprived on and which way can you stick with for the long term?
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vixendrop
Stats: 343/317/275
WOE: Very LC
Start Date: 07/03/2013
I can't lose on low fat/high carb, but I do great on LC. I also know some people who can't lose on LC but do on low far/high carb. It's really individual. So if you were able to lose on WW and be healthy and happy then there's nothing wrong with that. For SOME people LC is healthier, but not for everyone.
vixendrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Biochic
Stats: 192/141/?? 5'2"
WOE: Atkinesque
Start Date: 12/28/12
WW allowed me to eat foods that would trigger an all out binge. I would use all my points on Oreos and not eat food thus the sickness of a carb addicted binge eater for me LC means good food and binge free
Biochic is offline   Reply With Quote