LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Reunion on Saturday...

...and I am so glad I've been doing an egg fast for 3 days (this is day 4) and am planning to continue right up to Saturday morning. I haven't lost any weight but I'm in such deep ketosis that I have to force myself to eat and *nothing* is tempting me. We drove past the fairgrounds last night and even all the wonderful food smells did nothing for me. Given that my family are carbaholics and the planned potluck includes junk food (e.g. chips, etc.), *many* desserts, 5 different potato type dishes (seriously?!) and even the main dishes coming in are carb loaded ethnic types (other than the hot dogs so the kids will be happy), I need all the appetite suppressant I can get! Not a veggie or fruit in sight!

I'm taking a steak for the grill and my yummy green salad for one meal and deviled eggs for that evening when we get back to the hotel. I'm debating about making a low carb dessert just for me...kind of like a cheesecake pudding, but haven't made up my mind yet. Maybe I'll peruse the recipe section unless someone has one they like.

Type 2 controlled by low carb diet <25gm carbs and and controlled protein.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I made it through the reunion and didn't slip up even once! I was right though. There was not even *one* item on that table that I could eat. The best part...several of my cousins came over to me as I was enjoying my chef's salad and said, "Oh yummm...that looks good. I didn't even think about making a green salad as my contribution!"

I haven't seen many of these cousins since last summer (we live in a different state) so it was kind of fun to have them look at me and do a double take. Several quizzed me about low carb...while scarfing down the high carby, sugary fare.

It's good to be back home and in my more familiar element though. I realized that I was struggling a bit not to give in, but not because the food smelled so good (although it did)...but more because I was back in with my old eating buddies...and wanted to drop into old eating patterns. Even though it had been a year!

Crossing my fingers that the scale will reward me tomorrow morning for my willpower!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Good for you for sticking with your plan! I know it was a great feeling
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gammazach
Stats: 266/249.5/150