LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: April 2012
Why do I do this to myself??

I have been eating liked crap. The more carbs I eat, the worse I feel, and the more I crave junk. I've been there, done that!! I was determined to get back on track today but had to rush my Dad to the ER this morning. Been there all day and have pigged out on sugar and carbs. My belly hurts so bad. Hopefully my Dad will come home in the morning. I have already made a dozen boiled eggs. I need my life back please! The bad thing is that I went on vacation and didn't go off plan at all. It wasn't until we were on our way home that the carb binge started. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. I'm recommitting right now. I wish they could make a pill that would make me feel like I do right now. I would never go off plan.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Sorry it's happening to you. It's the stress. Sometimes being overstressed will trigger cravings and taking your dad to emergency is stress enough for anyone. Try not to beat yourself up about it, that will only cause more stress and make the cycle worse.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I agree, don't beat yourself up, it only makes it worse. Start over, with a fresh slate, putting the past behind you, and get right back on track.

For me, it really helps if I stop and think BEFORE I eat something off plan, about how I'm going to feel when I wake up in the morning and have to face the scale. I try to think about how I'm going to feel after I eat it and stop myself by realizing that it's just NOT worth it.

Hang in there and know that you've got this! Stress can throw all of us off plan, but the important thing is to get back on track right away.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thatphdguy
WOE: Modified Atkins extended induction
Start Date: May, 26 2013
I hear your pain cfine...

I am sure you will come back soon to plan!!!
thatphdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
(hugs) We've all been there at some point. Get some rest and start fresh tomorrow ! Hope your Dad is ok !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
My mom has been in hospital a lot lately. It's ironic that hospitals are one of the toughest places to find something healthy!

I would put a couple portions of almonds in snack bags and keep them in your handbag. They have bailed me out many times. Also, if there really is NOTHING and youre hungry, get lots of cream in your coffee. It will tide you over for awhile.

I hope your dad is feeling better soon.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: buttercup30
Stats: 394.6/377.8/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 2013
cfine, I hope your dad is well quickly. It seems like when we're under stress is when we "blow" the diet. You haven't blown it. I know I have asked the question before "How did I get in this situation?" I learned quickly that I could have avoided that situation in the long run by planning. Like someone else mentioned, keep low carb snacks in your purse. It's not easy, but trying to at least plan ahead is better than feeling the way you do right now. You're right, hospitals seem to be one of the places in the world with the least healthy food.
buttercup30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jossy
Stats: 250/244/150
WOE: Low Sugar/Lower Carb - My way!
Start Date: July 22 2013
Drink lots of water throughout the day and try to keep that full feeling so you don't reach for the carbs and sugary things I know it's hard (notorious binge eater here)...we all have slips but have to get right back on the wagon.
Jossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3fatcats
Stats: 184/163.5/160? , 5'7" learn to maintain!
WOE: NK-Stillmans-Atkins
I'm right there with you. HUGS
3fatcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am armed and dangerous today

I had eggs for breakfast, drank a,bunch of water, and packed up some LC snacks for the hospital. Hopefully we will be going home soon....at least I hope we go home before I run out of snacks!!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SweetSugaree
Stats: 250/207/150
Start Date: RESTART- 5/13/13
Cfine,
Glad to hear you got back on track. I know it isn't easy to not binge when you are dealing with stress, and at the hospital. I have been there and done that. I hope your dad feels better soon.
SweetSugaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I'm sorry, cfine. You know I've been there many times myself. I hope you're having a better day today. It doesn't take long start feeling better once you're on track.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well......another crappy day. I have decided that since I have been doing horrible anyway, I am going to go to my favorite Italian place for my birthday and then get back to strict induction.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rndiane
Stats: 215/ 175/size8-10
Start Date: Jan 22,2013 3rd time
One of the meals I eat in a hospital cafeteria is, salad bar and I ask for a plain burger patty. I put the patty on my salad. Then have ranch or blue cheese dressing. If they don't have a salad bar, they should have premade green salad and pick out the carrots.
rndiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
How far away is your birthday? You could do a lot of damage by then, potentially
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We are going today for my birthday. I am back on track tomorrow. I am truly a carb addict. My body is on fire from head to toe, I feel like dying, BUT my head is telling me to EAT THE CARBS!! I will have to find the will to stop the madness tomorrow. I can't cope with life feeling this way.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nera
Stats: 260/158/135
WOE: Atkins girl all the way!
Start Date: March 2006
I find that if I stand naked in front of the mirror with all the lights on and put my biggest most unattractive picture on the fridge - it helps me come back to the reality of what I am doing and what I am headed back to if I don't stop. You can do this!!
nera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 10Poppies
Stats: Size 16. Marching toward size 6.
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 3/25/13
I sooo feel for you. I have been there so many times! Just don't be too hard on yourself! You will feel better when you get back on track again.
10Poppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
You can do this ! Have a great birthday and enjoy ! BACK ON TRACK tomorrow ~
woohoo !!
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
This happened to me a week ago, and I managed to get back on plan. It is very frusterating and nasty. However, try to remember that your binge responses are physiological not psychological. Your brain is functioning on glucose if you are craving carbs and it is a reaction to losing weight. I recommended loading up on products containing MCTs and use MCT oil and switching your bingeing to those foods. So things like coconut products (if low carb) dairy made from sheep's milk (greek feta, italian romano etc.) or a low fat dairy product you can add MCT oil to, and use MCT oil for cooking and salad dressings. It will give your brain some ketone fuel so until you get back into ketosis which stabilizes the bingeing. Good luck.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Spanilingo
Stats: 130 now 102 5 ft 1
WOE: Lost Atkins/mod carb. Maint-HFLC
Start Date: Feb-March 2011
Eat lots and as much as you want of LC protein, fats and YES veggies (in my opinion) after a carb load like like that. Nurtrient rich foods are essential to getting back on track. FORGET THE SCALE AND FORGET THE PORTIONS FOR A FEW DAYS---your goal is to get back on track eating the right foods rather than weight loss which will come. No big deal!

AND YES VEGGIES. Even though they are higher in carbs, romaine, broccoli, kale etc are nutrient dense. Search "Stress and Vitamin Depletion". Wonder why you crave carbs when stressed? Is it just serotonin or is your body crying for nutrients from food. So maybe your body IS telling you that you need something and that something just might be a higher carb food that has some nutrients that your body needs. In the long run, those extra ten carbs you get from an extra cup of spinach might be enough to stave off the pizza. Stressing your body during times of stress is REALLY "stressful". Either going super low carb will give you a sense of control or make you feel

At times when your body craves carbs especially in times of stress, it just might be telling you it needs something in the form of nutrition.
Spanilingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everybody. I had my birthday dinner today. I am so ready to get back in control of my diet. I feel horrible, I have no energy, and just don't have all of my wits about me. Even though it's going to be a rough few days, I am going to do it!! Eating gluten has been what has put me into a tailspin. No more!!