Senior LCF Member

Gallery: astribling
Stats: 212/165/169(165 for wiggle room)
WOE: Moderate carbs/no sugar,no wheat
Start Date: June 26, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
Alice, would you mind sharing your brownie recipe, thank you
Here you go! Here is the recipe as written, and then my notes at the end as to how I changed it. I don't know if I can show the url for where I found it, but it's from a Blog titled Stuff I Make My Husband

SINGLE-SERVING MICROWAVE BROWNIE
Serves 1

INGREDIENTS
1 Tbs creamy almond butter
1 Tbs liquid egg white (or use a tablespoon of beaten egg, I just think liquid egg white is more convenient for this)
1 tsp dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder such as Hershey's Special Dark
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 packets sweetener such as Sweetleaf stevia OR 1 Tbs honey
Pinch baking soda (about 1/16 tsp; you can try omitting this if you like a denser brownie.)
Pinch salt (can omit if your almond butter is salty)
DIRECTIONS
In a ramekin, small mug, or similar microwave-safe cup, combine all the ingredients. Stir with a fork to thoroughly combine, ensuring that there are no lumps.
Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Note: You can reduce the time for a "molten" brownie. You may have to experiment a bit with cooking times since all microwaves are different. If you're unsure you can try nuking it at 10 second intervals, checking it each time.

My notes - I doubled the recipe and then cooked for 30 secs. Added a few choc chips and walnuts. With double recipe and 30 seconds, the middle was still nice and gooey. YUM

Starting weight on June 26, 2012 - 212
First goal reached Jan 17, 2013 - 175
Second goal June 11, 2013 - 169
Final goal August 28, 2013-- (165? just to give me some breathing room)
---------------
astribling is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Shiritake/tofu pasta

I can't tolerate Dreamfields...it blows my blood sugar, so I was thrilled when I found this pasta.

It is available in macaroni, fettuchine, spaghetti and angel hair. The liquid it is packed in smells very fishy, but the smell goes away when you rinse it under running water. It is very like "real" pasta in taste and texture, and has 2g carb per serving.
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MisticalMisty
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Start Date: January 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Girl View Post
Natalia, glad you mentioned this, I was looking for grape soda for 10 years!! What's up with the soda makers? Why don't they make grape and strawberry sugar free soda!!!!!!
Shasta makes an awesome diet strawberry! I can't find diet purple grape, but the white grape from Diet Rite is pretty tasty! I love grape and strawberry soda...I feel your pain! I think the mio in club soda is a fabulous idea!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by astribling View Post
Here you go! Here is the recipe as written, and then my notes at the end as to how I changed it. I don't know if I can show the url for where I found it, but it's from a Blog titled Stuff I Make My Husband

Serves 1

INGREDIENTS
1 Tbs liquid egg white (or use a tablespoon of beaten egg, I just think liquid egg white is more convenient for this)
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch baking soda (about 1/16 tsp; you can try omitting this if you like a denser brownie.)
DIRECTIONS
In a ramekin, small mug, or similar microwave-safe cup, combine all the ingredients. Stir with a fork to thoroughly combine, ensuring that there are no lumps.
Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Note: You can reduce the time for a "molten" brownie. You may have to experiment a bit with cooking times since all microwaves are different. If you're unsure you can try nuking it at 10 second intervals, checking it each time.

My notes - I doubled the recipe and then cooked for 30 secs. Added a few choc chips and walnuts. With double recipe and 30 seconds, the middle was still nice and gooey. YUM
Mercy Me! I am going to love this, thank you so much!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
SF jello blended with cream cheese before it sets. Tastes like cheesecake. Orange flavor is my personal favorite.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
How much cheese per packet of jello? And you prepare the jello first, adding the water?
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LauraDavis
Stats: 245.8/190.6/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2013
OMG going home in the morning and making those!!!! They sound
LauraDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #68
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Quote:

Serves 1

INGREDIENTS
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS

Oh my!

I wonder if almond flour could be used instead of almond butter? Maybe increase the egg a bit for the missing oil? I don't have any butter but I do have almond meal/flour.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #69

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia View Post
How much cheese per packet of jello? And you prepare the jello first, adding the water?
Yes, I prepare a large packet of SF jello first according to package instructions. While it's still in liquid form, I add in a whole box of cream cheese (8 oz). Blend with a blender to make sure it's evenly mixed in with the liquid. Pour into cups. Refrigerate. Easy peasy

I hear some people make it with sour cream also, but I've never tried.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Alice, can you give me the amounts, I am not a "wing it" type person
One is a low carb mock cheese cake. I just mix cream cheese, sour cream, and sweetener, and then add whatever I'm in the mood for - a few berries, nuts, sf choc chips, etc. I put that in the freezer for about an hour and it's yummy!
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDeb View Post
Oh my!

I wonder if almond flour could be used instead of almond butter? Maybe increase the egg a bit for the missing oil? I don't have any butter but I do have almond meal/flour.
There are actually many of the MIM recipes that include almond flour that you can make into brownies. But I really like this one because it comes out smooth and gooey, and not grainy and dry like some of the ones with almond flour can be.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
Alice, can you give me the amounts, I am not a "wing it" type person
One is a low carb mock cheese cake. I just mix cream cheese, sour cream, and sweetener, and then add whatever I'm in the mood for - a few berries, nuts, sf choc chips, etc. I put that in the freezer for about an hour and it's yummy!
Well, I usually kind of wing it, but let me see if I can remember some specifics. LOL

4 T cream cheese (I use the neufchatel just for a bit lower calories)
1 T sour cream
6 drops of EZ sweet (but this will depend on what sweetener you use and how sweet you like it. I prefer a bit more sweet)
1 tsp of lemon or lime juice (optional)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1/4 cup of frozen mixed berries (or whatever you have)
1T sugar free chocolate chips
1-2 T walnut pieces

Sometimes I add a tsp or 2 of chia seeds for crunch

Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, juice, vanilla and sweetener until it's all mixed well. (I just use a fork) and add in the berries, chips, etc.

You can eat it just like this, but I like to freeze it for about an hour and it's kind of like cheese cake ice cream!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rndiane
Stats: 215/ 175/size8-10
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 22,2013 3rd time
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Girl View Post
Natalia, glad you mentioned this, I was looking for grape soda for 10 years!! What's up with the soda makers? Why don't they make grape and strawberry sugar free soda!!!!!!
I agree! I have been looking for years but no stores in my area carries them. I have a grandson with type 1diabetes and I would like him to once in while have a grape or strawberry diet soda instead of cola, root beer, etc.
rndiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Quote:
Well, I usually kind of wing it, but let me see if I can remember some specifics. LOL

4 T cream cheese (I use the neufchatel just for a bit lower calories)
1 T sour cream
6 drops of EZ sweet (but this will depend on what sweetener you use and how sweet you like it. I prefer a bit more sweet)
1 tsp of lemon or lime juice (optional)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1/4 cup of frozen mixed berries (or whatever you have)
1T sugar free chocolate chips
1-2 T walnut pieces

Sometimes I add a tsp or 2 of chia seeds for crunch

Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, juice, vanilla and sweetener until it's all mixed well. (I just use a fork) and add in the berries, chips, etc.

You can eat it just like this, but I like to freeze it for about an hour and it's kind of like cheese cake ice cream!
Thanks, I can't wait to try it. I really needed some quick ideas for sweets using cream cheese.
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by evas View Post
Cube steak!

Steak is one of my favorite foods, but I really can't afford to buy it. I love ground beef but let's be honest, it's just not the same flavor as steak! Cube steak, on the other hand, is just as cheap as ground beef but tastes like actual steak - win/win! I season it up with lots of salt, pepper and garlic and fry it in a hot cast iron skillet and then top it with homemade garlic & herb butter.
LOVE Cube Steak, too. Have you tried it with a gravy made with HWC and the drippings? Really more of a reduction sauce, since you don't use thickener. I fry my cube steak in expeller pressed coconut oil (no coconut flavor), seasoned w/a little s&p and onion powder. When it's done, I take it out and in the hot drippings pour in some cream and stir and simmer 'til it's thickened. Don't salt 'til it's as thick as you want, then taste and season, as salting before gets more salty as the sauce reduces. It just takes a few minutes and is really delicious on top of the steak, like chicken fried steak w/o the breading.
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

I just made Alice's cheesecake pudding with the following alterations: no fruit, chocolate or nuts, and I used half cream cheese and half restaurant style sour cream. Very good and the texture/ mouth feel was incredible!

It made a small serving. Next time I think I will try to bulk it up with my LC liberty Greek yogurt.
Has anyone ever tried using something like unsweetened almond milk and unflavored gelatin as a bulking agent?
I suppose just whipped cream would work better and taste better but have more calories.
But, just a couple T of HWC gets not bad volume when whipped in an aerated bowl.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

^^
Re cube steak, for the other Canadians who had no idea what this was, I looked it up. It's tenderized top round or top sirloin.

I like tenderized steak too, I find any marinade or sauce fits nicely in all the nooks and crannies. It's also good sliced thin and cooked with LC BBQ sauce and mushrooms for kind of a Philly cheesesteak.

For you guys in the US. All your steaks have different names here in Canada! I still have no idea what flank steak is or skirt steak?
Typical ones we see: outside round, inside round , grilling medallions, fast fry, tenderized top round, top sirloin, t bone, etc. the outside and inside round steak is the cheap tough one, also called marinating steak, you need to cook it awhile or slice really thin to break the fibers
Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I want to try it too...... sounds easy and yummy !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
My favorite is Cabots 10% Greek yogurt. 1 cup of it with 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1 tbsp golden flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla flavoring, stevia and maple flavoring. Mix and put in freezer for about 20-30 min while I am eating my humongous salad with Goddes dressing. It is like a frozen custard that tastes like my mom's pumpkin pie.

The greek yogurt I think is made from cream since whole milk greek yogurt is 4% fat.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
LOVE Cube Steak, too. Have you tried it with a gravy made with HWC and the drippings? Really more of a reduction sauce, since you don't use thickener. I fry my cube steak in expeller pressed coconut oil (no coconut flavor), seasoned w/a little s&p and onion powder. When it's done, I take it out and in the hot drippings pour in some cream and stir and simmer 'til it's thickened. Don't salt 'til it's as thick as you want, then taste and season, as salting before gets more salty as the sauce reduces. It just takes a few minutes and is really delicious on top of the steak, like chicken fried steak w/o the breading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
My favorite is Cabots 10% Greek yogurt. 1 cup of it with 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1 tbsp golden flaxseed meal, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla flavoring, stevia and maple flavoring. Mix and put in freezer for about 20-30 min while I am eating my humongous salad with Goddes dressing. It is like a frozen custard that tastes like my mom's pumpkin pie.

The greek yogurt I think is made from cream since whole milk greek yogurt is 4% fat.
Ooooh, I'm having food fantasies now! This would make a great meal together. I've never made cube steak, but I'll have to try it.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
I know we are all from diff parts of the world but if we could all get together once for a big low carb party weekend and everyone makes their fave stuffs, could you imagine how much fun that would be!!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
I do the same with pork chops all the time.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: finallylosing
Stats: 206/135/I think I've reached it!
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
I know we are all from diff parts of the world but if we could all get together once for a big low carb party weekend and everyone makes their fave stuffs, could you imagine how much fun that would be!!!
Oh I would so be there!! It would be one party where I wouldn't have to watch what I ate!
finallylosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
I would be there too !! Someone plan it !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Off My Duff
Stats: 297/277/197
Subscribing because there are a bunch of ideas on here I've never heard of before, and want to try.
Thank you!
Off My Duff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I really need to pick up some canned pumpkin. And a spirooli.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #87
Formerlychubchick

Gallery: CurveControl
Stats: 200/172.4/130
WOE: LC JUDD/TOPS
Quote:
I really need to pick up some canned pumpkin. And a spirooli.
I make my zoodles with a julienne peeler. Easy and cheap and stores in a drawer.

CurveControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I have a spirouli and think it would be easier and take up a whole lot less space with the julienne peeler above.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MisticalMisty
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Start Date: January 13
Whoever suggested the water enhancer in sparkling water is a genius! Thank you. Tried the greater value brand grape in some sparkling water and it tastes just like grape soda. I'm in love!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #90

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
fake guacamole.... just avocado smooshed up w/cumin, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, lime, and also diced tomatoes if I'm not too lazy to do it. I either eat it with a spoon or I have it with celery sticks or cold meat.
I like pickles too, with a bite of leftover chicken or meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndiane View Post
I agree! I have been looking for years but no stores in my area carries them. I have a grandson with type 1diabetes and I would like him to once in while have a grape or strawberry diet soda instead of cola, root beer, etc.
Dasani grape water enhancer is one of my indulgences. The mio orange/tangerine is good, too.

Quote:
^^
Re cube steak, for the other Canadians who had no idea what this was, I looked it up. It's tenderized top round or top sirloin.

I like tenderized steak too, I find any marinade or sauce fits nicely in all the nooks and crannies. It's also good sliced thin and cooked with LC BBQ sauce and mushrooms for kind of a Philly cheesesteak.

For you guys in the US. All your steaks have different names here in Canada! I still have no idea what flank steak is or skirt steak?
Typical ones we see: outside round, inside round , grilling medallions, fast fry, tenderized top round, top sirloin, t bone, etc. the outside and inside round steak is the cheap tough one, also called marinating steak, you need to cook it awhile or slice really thin to break the fibers
Cubed steak or minute steak. Sauteed mushrooms in the same skillet. Slice of american cheese. Lettuce, tomato, avocado. A little mayo and wrap the whole mess up in a big lettuce leaf. It's the bomb, and one of the few times I eat american cheese. I bet you could shred cheddar and mix it with a dab of sour cream or HWC to melt over the cubed steak for the same effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
What do you mean by parfait, please? Pudding? Ice Cream? A parfait in Jersey is ice cream so I'm a little confused.

Thanks MsWoods!
I bought some after seeing it recommeded in this thread. the fluffy part is based on palm kernel oil. Erythritol is the sweetener. It's like if you took jello cubes and fake whipped cream and stirred them together.

It's okay, and I'm happy to know it's out there for an emergency snack. Palm kernal oil is better than cool whip IMO. My husband loves the parfait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Netrition site shows a Frank's Red Hot wings sauce and also a cayenne pepper sauce. Is the the wing's sauce you are using?
Frank's red hot is the hot sauce. I like this mixed with melted butter for wings. It is what was originally used to make the first buffalo wings back in the 80's and is pretty much just peppers, vinegar, and water. The wing sauce is touch carbier and a touch thicker due to soybean oil and butter flavoring and a little garlic. I actually drizzled some of the wing sauce over my pork bbq on oopsie roll tonight, but I usually use the hot sauce. Hot sauce per tsp is zero carb zero cal. wing sauce is 5 cal per tbl, a little fat from the soy oil and a little carb from the garlic and possibly the butter flavor (just guessing on that because I recall that butter buds contain maltodextrin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2AandE View Post
I love having my mock Italian Soda. My doctor recommended this one.

Sugar free soda (rootbeer or any other flavor) or sparkling flavored water (we like the ICE ones or the Walmart ones)

Add some HWC, stir and drink with a straw. Very satisfying. I use the ICE pineapple/coconut and it tastes just like a mock Pina Colada.
And if you use just fizzy water, add a tiny drip of vanilla extract along with the hwc. Davinci syrups work, too.