Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lucy1018
WOE: Paleolithic-no dairy, moderate amounts of fruit
Stress/"I'll do it later"/"Once won't hurt"/blah, blah blah

It took me five months to go from the 170s to the 160s. (to loose about 10 pounds). My loss rate used to much higher than that, and one of the reasons for this is that I don't feel the same desperation as I felt when I first started. I now weigh about 164, but I used to weigh over 250 pounds. Anyway, I lost most of that weight between march and October of 2012. I'm still struggling with being committed to my diet. I know that if I just put a little more effort into it, I would probably be able to loose about 2 pounds a week instead of 0.5 pounds or less. (what tends to happen is that I loose 3 pounds, then I gain them back, then I loose 2, then I gain them back, then I loose 5, then I gain 1, and then I loose 8, or something.) My title indicates all the things I say to myself when cheating. how do you guys get beyond such thoughts?

Also, I would be interested in doing intermittent fasting, but I find it hard to force myself not to eat or to eat very little on any given day. Often I go all day and wind up eating dinner anyway. I really, really, really want to loose 10 pounds by August 20. (About a month from now.) Thoughts? Advice?
Lucy1018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
If you want fastest loss, I always say go back to Atkins Induction for 2 or more weeks, watching the quantities of cheese, cream, and hidden carbs such as from dressings and convenience foods and condiments. Eat to satisfaction but not beyond, focusing on good fatty meats, salad, low-carb veggies, and good oils like olive oil, coconut oil, and butter.

If you want to add interest to your meal, add a little cheese or cream, but to lose the best weight without spending a lot of time figuring out what's holding you back, the simpler the better. Remember you need salt and good fats, so don't choose lean meat and have a tbl of oil or butter at each meal.

Don't force yourself to eat, but see if you can remember to eat sometime in the daytime. Even a snack-sized portion of 2-3 or more oz of cold leftover meat or chicken with some veggie strips and ranch dressing will give you something to keep your metabolism up (and burning fat) during the day.

Last edited by emel; 07-22-2013 at 02:18 PM..
emel is offline   Reply With Quote