Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Happy Low Carbaversary to Me (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808508-happy-low-carbaversary-me.html)

Just Beachy 07-22-2013 12:43 PM

Happy Low Carbaversary to Me

One year and one day ago I read a post on a homeschool message board I frequent, and it changed my life. It was late at night. The poster posted about all her troubles losing weight. She posted about how bad she felt that she couldn't lose weight even though she was doing all the "right" things. She posted about how she could tell doctors and others thought she was lying about not being able to lose weight -- despite eating a low fat diet with plenty of "healthy" whole grains and exercising. Then she started eating LCHF, and she finally started losing weight and so many other health concerns seemed to disappear as well. I read that post through tears because I felt the same way. Actually, I had just been researching lap band and other weight loss surgeries. I was eating very "clean" and still not losing. I was sore from all my CrossFit workouts and just generally tired, hungry, and cranky. I knew that if by some miracle I did start losing, I would never be able to maintain it. After reading that post, I decided I was going to start eating LCHF the very next day.

I woke up a year ago today and had real bacon and eggs cooked in butter, and I prayed that I would not have a heart attack.

Well, I didn't, and I have learned so much in this past year. My life has completely changed -- for the better. I am down 61 lbs as of this morning. I seldom feel sore after a good workout. My knees no longer creak and groan. My skin and hair look amazing. I no longer worry about monthly acne. My self-confidence has returned, and I feel AMAZING!!!!

I still have 20 lbs to go before I reach my goal weight, and I have actually been in a stall the past 2 months. It's all good though. I know the scale will start moving again when it is time, and my journey towards good health continues. I just can't get over the changes. Before I would have used almost any excuse to cheat. If we were on the road and stopped to get gas or something, I'd get a treat. I truly just couldn't stop myself. Now, if I get something, I look for cheese or hard boiled eggs or jerky or something like that. If they don't have it, I do without and don't feel cheated or deprived in any way. Often though, I don't get anything because I'm just not hungry.

Most importantly, this is the first time I have ever felt this way. This is the first time that I really feel like I can maintain this loss, and that is amazing. Just this morning I ran into a friend I haven't seen in quite awhile, and she didn't recognize me. That has become a common occurrence, and it really does feel great.

Anyway, happy low carb-aversary to me. I know I will have many more.

Now, please pass the lemon fat bombs. LOL!!!

:) Beachy

thatphdguy 07-22-2013 12:46 PM

Congrats!!! You are achievements are amazing...

princessmommy 07-22-2013 12:52 PM

Happy Anniversary Beachy!!!! You've done Amazing!!

llisarray 07-22-2013 01:03 PM

Congrats !

Aomiel 07-22-2013 01:30 PM

Congratulations! Your progress is fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Natalia 07-22-2013 02:16 PM

Beachy, you are a rockstar. What an inspiring story.

baileygirl3 07-22-2013 02:52 PM

Congrats to you!!!

Erin57 07-22-2013 02:53 PM

What a great post Beachy!! Cheers to finding your sweet spot. I wish you many healthy and happy years to come!

Casey 07-22-2013 03:04 PM

You have the right mindset - it's a lifestyle. I've been low carb since October 1999 and feel awful when I eat excess carbs... Especially sugar. Stick with it and those last 20 pounds will come off gradually and healthfully. It's about focusing on what you CAN eat and not about what you can't have! You can eat whatever you want, but you know how you'll feel afterward and will decide against it.

Julie1972 07-22-2013 03:07 PM

Congrats! Great success! Thanks for sharing!

glennjones 07-22-2013 03:16 PM

Great job - you should be so proud and you are an inspiration yourself!

mayleesa 07-22-2013 03:45 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::high5::cool::up::clap:

Mistizoom 07-22-2013 04:31 PM

Happy anniversary! Congratulations!

cfine 07-22-2013 05:28 PM

Happy anniversary to you!!

dmburk 07-22-2013 06:16 PM

:jumpjoy:Way to go!

Big Stevie 07-23-2013 08:35 AM

Great job. I am having my anniversary this week as well. It has been a great year. I too have been in a stall for about 9 weeks and have another 20 pounds to go. I am sure we will both get there in time. I am starting to reexamine my calories and workout to try to make the final push down.

Eliza_Jazz 07-23-2013 08:49 AM

Congratulations, Beachy! You're an inspiration. :sing::sing::sing::high5::jumpjoy:

emel 07-23-2013 12:17 PM

Great post. Thanks for telling us your story.

Texas Lady 07-23-2013 12:58 PM

Inspiration! Success! Congratulations! You rock! :sing:

dejaht 07-23-2013 10:14 PM

Congrats! What a great success story :clap:

mdog73 07-24-2013 12:25 AM

Congrats! Keep up the good work.

just curious what are you keeping your carbs under now?

FluffRNutter 07-25-2013 10:57 AM

That's wonderful! Congratulations to you!

snowmop 07-25-2013 04:46 PM

Beachy, I love your story!! You are an inspiration!!

Just Beachy 07-25-2013 05:20 PM

Thanks everyone. It does feel great. I'm averaging 5 lbs a month. That is hardly setting any kind of speed record, but I am getting there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Stevie (Post 16527737)
Great job. I am having my anniversary this week as well. It has been a great year. I too have been in a stall for about 9 weeks and have another 20 pounds to go. I am sure we will both get there in time. I am starting to reexamine my calories and workout to try to make the final push down.

Happy anniversary to you too. I have also been looking at calories. Simple truth is that I don't need as many as I did 60 lbs ago, so I think that is wise. I know we will both get there though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdog73 (Post 16528640)
Congrats! Keep up the good work.

just curious what are you keeping your carbs under now?

mdog, I honestly don't know how many carbs I eat. I really don't count. I just eat foods that are naturally low in carbs. Greens and nuts are, by far, the carbiest things I eat. I would guess I'm around 25 total carbs/day. I'm terrible at tracking.

:) Beachy

Trillex 07-26-2013 12:53 AM

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you and your confidence and great health! It's so fantastic!