Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   So I bought some Of those Quest bars ppl have been raving about (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808500-so-i-bought-some-those-quest-bars-ppl-have-been-raving-about.html)

Jackie123 07-22-2013 10:31 AM

So I bought some Of those Quest bars ppl have been raving about

And ate two of them at once. lol other than my issues with portion control, they were very good. I tried the mixed berry bliss and coconut cashew. Other than a slight chemical taste that I've come to associate with low carb bars in general, the flavor was pretty good. Hopefully they won't stall me, but even if they do they might be worth it for an occasional treat. I guess this means I can't say that I'm on induction anymore, though.

QueenBacon 07-23-2013 08:25 PM

I had them for the first time a couple of weeks ago... besides the price I like them alot....

cfine 07-24-2013 11:58 AM

I've never had any problems with them stalling me. I like the cinnamon bun one.

lisaerinqt04 07-24-2013 12:31 PM

I tried these a couple years ago when they came out - they were offering free samples if you signed up for their mailing list. When I got mine they were hard as a rock, I ended up throwing them out. It may have been a fluke or the heat of florida in the mail but I couldn't bring myself to pay for them and try again

I love the Think Thin bars, they have 20g of protein and are gluten free. They do have sugar alcohols that bring the carb count down and they taste great. Most of them have about 8-10 net carbs.

KeirasMom 07-24-2013 12:34 PM

I love Quest bars. I buy them by the case. I currently have chocolate brownie and coconut cashew.

They are dense and chewy. If you find they're too hard, put them in the microwave for 8-10 seconds and they get nicely warmed and soft. :yummy:

mayleesa 07-24-2013 05:28 PM

I cant wait to try them...just bought 2 of each flavor, so excited....hope they wont stall me!

Julie1972 07-24-2013 05:40 PM

I recently tried them during a business trip and really enjoyed them. I was surprised how filling they are!

tinamanni 07-24-2013 05:53 PM

I like to microwave the brownie and chocolate chip for 30 seconds per half and they turn into cookies

I like them but didn't do well with the line with the sugar alcohols. The original line does not have sugar alcohols.

EmPugs 07-24-2013 07:53 PM

Do they have any without almonds? I'm allergic :(

Jackie123 07-25-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmPugs (Post 16529974)
Do they have any without almonds? I'm allergic :(

Unfortunately, I don't think so. You may be better off- I could not stop eating those things. No more Quest bars for me....

Dottie 07-25-2013 10:31 AM

The lemon one wasn't bad, but it wasn't really lemony either.
I love a good lemon flavor, and that wasn't it :laugh:

MsWoods 07-25-2013 11:00 AM

I love them. The PB&J and Cinnamon Bun ones are my favorite. If I have to pick a bar, it's a Quest bar for sure. I also throw them in the microwave if they are too hard, they get gooey and delicious. They aren't too high priced at my local health food store.

They didn't cause cravings for me. Atkins bars do like crazy, I stay away at all cost.

Booo 07-25-2013 11:41 AM

i reeeeeeeally love Love LOVE Quest Bars!!! :love: i found out about them last time i did LC and they were the 1st thing i went out to get This Time! i love the PB&J, and the Lemon Bars!!! and they Berry one too!!! :jumpjoy:

Jeannie1970 07-25-2013 12:17 PM

Where can I find these?

Dottie 07-25-2013 12:23 PM

Netrition online, some major "health food" stores like GNC locally may carry them as well.

ncgirl 07-25-2013 12:51 PM

I like them (heated in the microwave for about 10 seconds), but they give me wicked cravings, so I've basically given up on them. But I'm happy for those who can handle them, because they are good!!

KeirasMom 07-25-2013 01:31 PM

I found them at Vitamin Shoppe and was pleased they had a good selection, so I could try a few flavors at a time to decide which cases to get. Now that I know what I like, I check for sales or order online.

KeirasMom 07-26-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinamanni (Post 16529811)
I like to microwave the brownie and chocolate chip for 30 seconds per half and they turn into cookies

I like them but didn't do well with the line with the sugar alcohols. The original line does not have sugar alcohols.

Thank you for posting this! My daughter just asked for a Quest bar, so we cut one in half and nuked one half while she ate the other. It really did turn into a cookie! And the house smells like we just baked cookies. We used the chocolate peanut butter bar and it came out great. :heart:

Now I can give my kiddo occasional "cookies" that actually have some nutritional value.

Garlic 07-26-2013 01:49 PM

I finally found these locally today, and bought 2.... I bought the chocolate peanut butter one, and the cinnamon roll one....

I ate the chocolate one..... well, 1/2 of it..... I thought it was disgusting! But I also thought that maybe it wasn't fresh.... It was hard to chew, and I mean really hard to chew. I threw 1/2 the bar away.

ncgirl 07-26-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16532397)
I finally found these locally today, and bought 2.... I bought the chocolate peanut butter one, and the cinnamon roll one....

I ate the chocolate one..... well, 1/2 of it..... I thought it was disgusting! But I also thought that maybe it wasn't fresh.... It was hard to chew, and I mean really hard to chew. I threw 1/2 the bar away.

I felt the same way, until I microwaved it. It's like it transformed into a brownie. At least mine seemed to do so. Sorry you didn't like it, they are pricey to lose half of it!

Mistizoom 07-26-2013 05:06 PM

Ok, I just realized I have 6 of the lemon ones that expired in April 2013. I wonder if they are still good? Would definitely need to microwave them if they are ok to eat. I also have 8 chocolate brownie ones that expire in August. Better get eating...