LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Monday cravings...

...and it's my own fault. Today is my husband's yearly department meeting and one of his team members called and asked if I was going to make my well loved maple pecan scones. Figuring a scone a person, I only had to make a double batch. So I borrowed the powdered sugar (for icing), all purpose and cake flour. Sugar I had since I use it to make the nectar for hummingbird feeders...and, of course, the heavy cream, eggs and butter I already had. Whipped them up, baked, glazed and stuck both containers in my husband's car.

The *memory* of the aroma and how good they looked still lingers this morning and I couldn't get it out of my head how good one would taste with my morning coffee. I am mentally obsessing while I do laundry, run my business...anything to keep me occupied. Fortunately, if I fell into the dark side, my mother-in-law would just raise her eyebrow and give me this disappointed look if I asked for more flour (cuz she'd know my intent) and, while my son hasn't left for work yet and I could take his car (see how I've thought through all these scenarios!?), I'm not that far gone that I'm going to drive 20 minutes to and from town to get the flour.

I *thought* after almost 7 months I could handle this since I had no problem going to a little bakery/cafe the other morning with a friend and just having coffee without all the aromas bothering me. Apparently, in my home, is psychologically different for me.

Today's calories...and I will stay within my carb and protein count, so look out fats...should be interesting.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
interesting. I'd do the same as you in that situation---more fat for the day.

I won't buy candles that are scented like food. To me, that's sending a stimulus that I don't need.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Not only candles! My favorite scent is pink grapefruit (candles, shampoo, various cleaners, body lotion)...and I've seriously missed my fruit. I've had to put away all of these and get unscented or something like 'ocean breeze' so it doesn't smell like what I can't have.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
A dill pickle is reputed to break cravings such as those you describe..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
lol can you imagine what a primal caveman would think if he saw us smearing ourselves with grapefruit or cinnamon sugar cookie scent? He wouldn't walk with us because we'd attract predators and flies.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Natalia
Stats: 190/174/125
WOE: VLC
Start Date: June 2013
Aomiel: right there with you
I make a clone of Cinnabon that makes your eyes roll back in your head. I only make them on Christmas Eve for Christmas morning ( make a double batch and split with our families as well). It's a tradition and ill have to make them this year. I guess I'll cross that bridge in December. I haven't decided if I will take one day off plan or not. It's a risk, bc I could derail. In any case, the biggest danger time is when I am making frosting.

I love frosting. I hate store bought. Previously when making frosting I would taste it, taste some more, lick the bowl, you get the idea. I made frosting for my sons bday and first got very full. Then I chewed gum the whole time. I had dh on hand to sample it. Lol I could do something similar at Christmas . Then I could make a modified Cinnabon with E glaze for me!! Yummo!

Good for you for resisting. You are not alone in the obsessive thoughts. I get them too for example if cherry pie or cheesecake was in the fridge. It consumes my mind. The last thing I think about at bed, the first when I wake up. I eat a pc for B, L, S until its gone. Hub doesn't understand. He actually said this : why would I ever eat that if I'm not hungry? We were both looking at each other like the other one was crazy, lol for me, it's : well I could eat , not am I hungry..
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
all my candles are clean linen, balsam pine and peppermint cause those cookie and treat ones KILL ME especially at holiday time and all I wanna do is eat! SO proud you were able to pass up temptation! good for you.....STRONGER
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Natalia,
Yeah, my husband is that way as well. If he's not hungry, he doesn't eat. He doesn't get that I am *never* hungry. I ate because it tasted good!