LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RhondaC
Stats: 5'9" 240.5/227.8/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/1/14
Making a change

I think I'm suffering from Post Induction Stall Syndrome. I lost 12 pounds in the first 2 weeks, but since then have not lost anything. I'm not doing anything different, except I added about 1/2 cup of macadamias every evening.

I've been fluctuating 2 pounds, up and down, every day. It's so frustrating (especially since I was up 2 pounds this morning and its not TOM).

So I went to the gym this morning and started a C25k program. (Couch to 5k). I couldn't do the whole half-hour, but I did 15 minutes (alternating brisk walking and running).

I hope, if I do this every-other day, it will jump start things for me again. By next week I'll be doing half-hour.

What do you think? Even if it doesn't help with my weight loss, it should help me with getting healthier.

Last edited by RhondaC; 07-21-2013 at 09:41 AM..
RhondaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
1/2 cup of mac nuts has around 500 calories and 10 carbs so that might have something to do with your stall.

I think walking is one of the best things we can do for our health so congratulations on starting the program!
nolcjunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
I'd dump the macadamias. Also, be patient. You lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks...that's phenomenal...and a lot. Give your body time to catch up. This isn't about how fast you lose. It's about losing...period.
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Rhonda, believe me I know exactly how you feel right now. The frustration, the anger at the scale, telling yourself "that cannot be right!" and everything else. My humble opinion is to stick with what you are doing and make NO drastic changes- easier said than done I'm sure. Believe me, I'm in the SAME boat as you, I gained 3.8lbs this week. Of course I was 'naughty' and got of course, but I see/saw the consequences (only on the scale) and I consider it a lesson learned.

As we've been told with Atkins "if you are not losing weight you are losing inches" which may very well be true. And you did say you've been hitting the gym... putting on muscle (the muscles in your legs) will fluctuate your numbers. And I'm a strong believer in if you do your part (keeping your diet clean, getting in exercise, adequate sleep) the body will do it's part right on time. Think of it as, 'okay, my body didn't want to lose any weight this week, so I'm in for a big whooosh [drop] real soon.'

Yes, the extra movement (exercise) will help. I would lose 2-3lbs on average weekly (when I stuck according to plan). The other week when I incorporated skipping rope 2-3x that week I lost 5lbs, so yeah, it will def. help. It can never hurt you!

Also, there are plenty of people here on the site that will tell you they have 'stalled' for months at a time. Just hang in there! I believe that BOTH of us can conquer our situations in the next 5-7 days! 'Believe in yourself! Believe in the plan!'
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RhondaC
Stats: 5'9" 240.5/227.8/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/1/14
Thanks everyone! I put away the macadamias and will leave them alone for now. I think I just need some encouragement to stick with it.

NewestAtkinsFan, thank you! I'm going to stick with the walking/running, and we'll see what happens!
RhondaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaC View Post
Thanks everyone! I put away the macadamias and will leave them alone for now. I think I just need some encouragement to stick with it.

NewestAtkinsFan, thank you! I'm going to stick with the walking/running, and we'll see what happens!

Good! Tell you what, I'll be sure to touch base with you one way or the other and let u know how my next round (I weigh myself every 5 days) goes as well. Team Motivation!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote