Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   You won't believe this...... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808352-you-wont-believe.html)

marieze 07-19-2013 11:20 PM

You won't believe this......

I went to my plastic surgeon today who had done a breast reduction 3 years ago and when I was standing at the counter, all the girls who were always very nice and whom I recognized were very non-chelant.

The office manager asked if she could help me and when I told her who I was and what I was there for she flipped out as she hadn't recognized me!

When all the girls realized it was me they all said they were so sorry that they hadn't acknowledged me as they, too, didn't know it was me!

THAT FELT GREAT!!!!

They then started to apologize for making such a huge fuss over me and I VERY quickly chimed in, "no, please, by all means continue....I've worked really, really hard to hear your kind words!".........it was just the best feeling in the world!:love:

shelby'snana 07-20-2013 12:12 AM

How Neat !! :) Congrats !! I bet that was an AWESOME moment you won't forget :)

Arctic_Mama 07-20-2013 01:48 AM

That's the best feeling! And your response was great - I'm using that one if I find myself in the same situation :)

emel 07-20-2013 03:53 AM

That's great!

Aomiel 07-20-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieze (Post 16523165)
They then started to apologize for making such a huge fuss over me and I VERY quickly chimed in, "no, please, by all means continue....I've worked really, really hard to hear your kind words!".........it was just the best feeling in the world!:love:

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Oh and isn't that the best feeling! I know some people get upset when people comment on their weight loss, but I think it's so great when someone acknowledges your hard work.

Congratulations!

Can I be nosey and ask...are you getting surgery as a result of losing the weight? I've considered it but don't know whether I'm willing to give up my savings to do it. :sad:

princessmommy 07-20-2013 05:31 AM

Awesome! I've had that happen a few times. What's weird is it happened with a couple who've known me about all my life! My husband works with the man and was at their house talking and I went by there to drop our son off w/ my husband and they had No clue who I was when I knocked on the door! LOL! I don't feel like I look That differant but my Husband says I do :)

pooticus 07-20-2013 05:34 AM

Wow, congrats on your wonderful losses!!! You deserve to be fussed over!!

Emily-D 07-20-2013 05:42 AM

You've really accomplished a lot and deserve a lot of praise!

Texas Lady 07-20-2013 07:08 AM

:shake::high5:

Beeb 07-20-2013 08:10 AM

:high5::shake::jumpjoy::hugs:

baileygirl3 07-20-2013 08:46 AM

OMG!!! Isn't that kinda exciting and a fun feeling?

thatphdguy 07-20-2013 09:04 AM

Marieze

Your achievements are incredible. I am glad you felt so good!

sloppail 07-20-2013 09:25 AM

That is so awesome!!!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::)

Kim

ClaudiaMTL 07-20-2013 10:01 AM

Wow !!!::heart:

DiamondDeb 07-20-2013 11:43 AM

Very cool! That had to feel wonderful!

SweetSugaree 07-20-2013 01:58 PM

Marieze,
I like how you told them to continue with their comments....LOL.. :)
Congrats.... that must of been an amazing feeling. You inspire all of us.

Mistizoom 07-20-2013 03:15 PM

That's awesome!

Garlic 07-20-2013 04:11 PM

True story....

I once dated a woman who was easily 350+ pounds. We only went out a couple of times, but we did work together for years..... anyway, she quit her job to focus on her weight..... about 3 years later she saw me in a grocery store and came over to say hello.

I didn't know who she was....

So, I look in her shopping cart and there are about 20 copies of some magazine..... Woman's World, I think it was..... Well, she obviously knew that I didn't know who she was...... and she pulled out one of the magazines, and it was this woman on the front cover..... the same woman I was talking to....

And she started laughing at me for not knowing who she was.... She opened the magazine, and there was a before and after picture! OMG, it was the woman I had dated 2x! She had lost over 200 pounds!

She now is a certified personal trainer and inspirational speaker....

WTG!

Aquarius 07-20-2013 04:20 PM

Way to go marieze! I love when stuff like that happens.

marieze 07-22-2013 03:08 PM

Thanks for all your lovely responses! They really motivate me and mean a great deal to me !:love: