Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   So Happy I Didn't Cheat! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808310-so-happy-i-didnt-cheat.html)

TheSouthernPrincess 07-19-2013 09:04 AM

So Happy I Didn't Cheat!

Yesterday at work was birthday cake day. I've posted about this before and the difficulty I have saying no to the tasty carrot cake goodness. Yesterday, I went to the break room to tell the people Happy Birthday, then went back to my desk WITHOUT cake!!:kicking: WooHoo to me! :yahoo: The best part is that this morning I woke up to a 3lb woosh! :jumpjoy: It's so nice to see the scale drop when you've passed up a really big temptation. :jumpjoy: Just wanted to share my bit of happiness :)

clackley 07-19-2013 09:13 AM

:clap: Congratulations!! :clap: I have learned that I never regret what I don't eat!! KUTGW!!!

thatphdguy 07-19-2013 09:44 AM

Congrats!!! Those temptations are difficult to fight

emel 07-19-2013 10:51 AM

This is great.
I love the immediate 3-lb reward lol

peanutte 07-19-2013 11:20 AM

Good for you. Did it feel easier than last time because you were mentally prepared?

TheSouthernPrincess 07-19-2013 03:03 PM

Thank you all for the encouragement! I love this site for that. :)

peanutte, it's always difficult, because I love this cake lol, but I definitely think my resolve held firm from mental prep. I went into the breakroom saying to myself "I don't want cake, I'm not eating cake."

This is the first time that I've ever gone into the breakroom (since lc) during cake day, because I didn't think I could handle the temptation, but I felt I was being anti-social, and I wanted to wish the people Happy Birthday so I braved it and came out victorious! My boss even put a piece of cake in front of me and I said no thankyou. She immediately took it away and said oh sorry, I forgot. She is great, she always encourages me on my woe. :)

Aomiel 07-19-2013 03:10 PM

Congratulations! Sometimes we just have to give ourselves a pep talk...and sometimes we have to talk ourselves down off the ledge (when the fork is in our hand and the food on the way to the mouth). What's important is the final outcome. You did good!

Mistizoom 07-19-2013 04:24 PM

Good for you! It will get easier every time you say no. I was my supervisor's birthday at work today and there was a chocolate mint cake sitting on the counter all day. Usually that stuff doesn't bother me, but today it smelled really good. But I avoided it all day. Then I came home and made some LC chocolate cake! Didn't make the connection until just now!

suzanneyea 07-19-2013 06:13 PM

We all love cake! You cannot love cake more than me! But, I love my kids more. I need to eat healthy, so I can stay healthy and be a good mom.

shelby'snana 07-19-2013 09:02 PM

If carrot cake is your fav, I recommend that you try Chicken Lady's carrot cake. It's absolutely fabulous ! My HC friends even love it !

momov2boys 07-19-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzanneyea (Post 16522934)
We all love cake! You cannot love cake more than me! But, I love my kids more.
I need to eat healthy, so I can stay healthy and be a good mom.

:goodpost: