Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Torani SF S'more Syrup...Best Ever (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808262-torani-sf-smore-syrup-best-ever.html)

MsWoods 07-18-2013 02:42 PM

Torani SF S'more Syrup...Best Ever

I just wanted to write and tell the world, the Torani SF S'more syrup is the best syrup I've ever had. It's my favorite hands down of all syrups. I just looked on netrition and it's not listed. I got it at my World Market. They only had a couple, I didn't even know it existed! I'm going back tomorrow to buy the rest, just in case lol. That's how awesome it is. S'more anything I'm obsessed with.

It smells and taste a lot like graham crackers.

heahyou00 07-18-2013 02:57 PM

What do you make with it?

ouizoid 07-18-2013 03:45 PM

oooooooo!

MsWoods 07-18-2013 05:53 PM

I out it in coffee, made a protein muffin, mixed it in cream cheese, protein shake lol.

dawnyama 07-18-2013 06:43 PM

Oh, I have to get this now. I have a World Market nearby and love getting the syrups. I hope they have S'more syrup.

MsWoods 07-18-2013 08:28 PM

Seriously it is worth the $7.99. Mine wasn't at the back with the other syrups it was on a display. I'm surprised Netrition doesn't have it.

Anglophile67 07-20-2013 03:06 PM

I was so excited by this post that I dragged my husband across town to the World Market to see if I could snag a bottle of the S'mores. They were on sale 2/$10, so I lost all control and bought a bottle of the S'more, the Coconut, the Brown Sugar n Cinnamin, and the Chocolate. :-) Now I need to find some ways to use it besides protein shakes!

jeaniem 07-20-2013 04:29 PM

Is there a secret to using just the right amount of these syrups, I bought french vanilla today and added it to iced coffee but I can't really say it tastes like vanilla or even sweet just kind of a bitter taste. I haven't sweetened my coffee or used splenda at all in a while so maybe it's just me.

MsWoods 07-21-2013 08:20 AM

Jeanie I just kind of pour and taste. I start with 1-2 tbsp of the syrup.

Anglo, since you do protein shakes, I assume you keep protein powder around? I like to add 1/2 scoop PP, 1 egg, and some Torani, mix well, and put in the microwave for about 1-1.5 minutes, making like a quick protein cake. It's so good.

jeaniem 07-21-2013 09:29 AM

Thanks Michelle. I think I may have only used a couple of teaspoons which probably wasn't enough to get the vanilla flavor.

NewestAtkinsFan 07-21-2013 10:13 AM

I'm a fan of the Torani sugar-free syrup as well. I stick to the Vanilla. It's upsetting that not too many places sell it though. I had been looking high and low for these bad boys and today, I decided to head to the next town and see if any of their stores had them. I was in luck, a Kroger sells them in the glass bottles (375 ml/12.7 FL.oz) I'm pretty sure people thought I was a Sunday-drunk lugging around alcohol seeing that I had 2 hands full. LOL

Anglophile67 07-21-2013 03:06 PM

MsWoods, that sounds fantastic! I am going to give that a try. Thx! :-)

frank 07-21-2013 03:46 PM

I have the raspberry ... excellent

ouizoid 07-21-2013 04:02 PM

thanks for the rec MsWoods--it sure does smell like graham crackers! makes me wonder about using it in a cracker recipe of some sort.

I also recently found the lemon Torani. Heavenly! Made a little lemon cake, and added it to my sodastream bubbly water. mmm.

MsWoods 07-22-2013 10:09 AM

So glad you like it ouizoid. I thought about that as well. I think crackers or a cake made with almond meal with this syrup would hit the spot.

ouizoid 07-24-2013 09:19 AM

mswoods--I made a fantastic treat. I took a tub of FF cream cheese, mixed it with a TBS of ff sour cream, and stirred in about 1/4 cup of smores syrup. You would SWEAR you are eating cheesecake with a graham cracker crust!! so good!!

MsWoods 07-24-2013 11:09 AM

Ugh. You're killing me ouizoid. I'm trying to stay far far away from CC. I'm addicted to it.

Anglophile67 07-25-2013 04:22 PM

Ouizoid, that sounds amazing! I may have to give myself a little treat!

frank 07-25-2013 05:11 PM

:goodpost:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 16529095)
mswoods--I made a fantastic treat. I took a tub of FF cream cheese, mixed it with a TBS of ff sour cream, and stirred in about 1/4 cup of smores syrup. You would SWEAR you are eating cheesecake with a graham cracker crust!! so good!!

That Girl 07-25-2013 05:33 PM

I bet if you roasted some pecans and crushed them, added butter and this syrup and then made a cheese cake for yourself it would taste like a graham cracker crust! Oh, now I am on the chase for this syrup!!! Thanks!

alonewithyou 07-28-2013 08:37 AM

Oh, gosh. I wish I lived in America. Boooooo Norway!!!

exotec 07-28-2013 04:11 PM

I haven't tried the Torani... but I use the Da Vincis. I use so much, I buy it by the case! You can get both these brands online, which is what I do. Da Vinci makes a butter rum that tastes EXACTLY like those delectable butter rum Life Savers! mmmm I buy the cheaper vanilla (or unflavored) protein powders, or Atkins shakes, and have a different flavor every day! yum

You can also use them in baking (try making some Oopsies with flavors!) or mixed in cheese, use your imagination! The DaVinci I buy is sugar-free (sucralose), so I don't feel too badly about indulging!