LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: teeingoff17
Stats: 235/184.4/170
WOE: Starting JUDDD 9/30/13 after 3 months Atkins
Start Date: 6-24-13
Planning your week of restaurants

So I will be staying in a hotel for a week next week for work. Hate it, but better than driving 100+ miles each way plus the driving during the job.

Just wondering if anyone else plans out their restaurants well beforehand? I will be working by myself so won't have to compromise with anyone on where I'm going. I like to switch it up as well so I don't want the same place. I think I am going to make myself a complete plan of where and what I am going to eat so that I don't go over my carb level and stay on plan for the week. Anyone else do this?

Once I get the plan, I'll post! And then you can suggest some other choices at these restaurants for me!
teeingoff17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I don't plan per se, but I look at the menu and make a note of several good choices. When I'm there, I decide between anything that's on plan.

As I noted in the "plan/not plan" thread, I don't plan my meals, but I'll note my options when I'm going out. I have been known to keep a crib sheet in my iPhone, reminding myself why I might or might not make a certain choice.

If you post the names of the restaurants, we'll be glad to help you plan.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
I don't plan per se, but I look at the menu and make a note of several good choices. When I'm there, I decide between anything that's on plan.

As I noted in the "plan/not plan" thread, I don't plan my meals, but I'll note my options when I'm going out. I have been known to keep a crib sheet in my iPhone, reminding myself why I might or might not make a certain choice.

If you post the names of the restaurants, we'll be glad to help you plan.
I'm pretty good about staying on plan. I was just wondering who else out there are planaholics? I like having a plan, a schedule, or a list for anything I do. So this LC is no different for me
Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ocean
Stats: 240/144/ Below 145 5'1.5"
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: June 2010
You can find low carb options at most restaurants. Most chains have menus and nutrition info online. I would look up the info and find appealing low carb options prior to going. If I went to a local place, I would order a safe dish like an unbreaded meat and green veggies.

I'm not a Monday I go here, Tuesday I go here person. I'm more a that looks good, let's check out their menu type.

Last edited by Ocean; 07-17-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
I'm a planner too, and a project maven. Part of what I enjoy about this LC woe, in a trade off for the sacrifices, is learning how to eat well w/in these parameters, and for me that means with variety and enjoyment. This takes both research and planning for me, and luckily, that's what makes this more interesting to me.

I have to eat out often, both professionally and socially, and I ALWAYS go to the restaurant's site ahead of time. I like quietly perusing the menu, w/out holding up others at the table, or being absent from the conversation while I weigh my choices. I usually end up w/a couple of choices and some questions I will ask about how things are prepared when I get there. This helps me avoid spontaneous bad choices, and I don't ever have to study the menu when I get there, because I already have.

There are of course, exceptions, particularly while traveling on the road, if you aren't eating at a chain restaurant, and say happen upon a mom and pop place. Then I just use my common sense to order.

I just got back from a 4 day vacation, and this worked very well for me. Even though we were eating at non chain restaurants, I found most of them---in fact all of them, had a site that offered their menu and looking at those menus helped me to pick where to eat. Luckily the hubby leaves that stuff up to me, he's not fussy about what he eats. Of course we were in a city, not out on the road.

Bottom line, the more I plan on this woe, the better I do. And for me, I enjoy the planning---it's almost like an appetizer in itself!
Blue Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I usually find a hotel with a kitchen, is that an option?
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I usually find a hotel with a kitchen, is that an option?
Tried to find one, but not the most populous place out here in NC for hotels like this.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Can you bring a toaster oven?
suzanneyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Spanilingo
Stats: 130 now 102 5 ft 1
WOE: Lost Atkins/mod carb. Maint-HFLC
Start Date: Feb-March 2011
Too many variables when it comes to restaurants. Most of them have nothing to do with the food! Not sure about any of their menus , do you want formal dining. , bar area , kid friendly, music or entertainment etc... Want quick food? Are you busy etc... Without knowing these things really impossible to chose for you! Lol. However , for planning purposes given that nothing else matters , I say do seafood, beef , Italian , funky eclectic then see if you want to rotate any of the places. OR find one restaurant with a really easy to do low carb menu that is close and requires little thought the kind of stick to that one for "safety ". I'm one for simplistic especially when on the road and working. Plan on making it simple!
Spanilingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelec
Stats: 199 (highest)/182 (LC restart)/163/120
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: 3/6/2011
Where are you in NC? I used to travel all over N C so I might be able to advise.
shelec is offline   Reply With Quote