Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   7-11 iced coffee (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808206-7-11-iced-coffee.html)

jeaniem 07-17-2013 03:15 PM

7-11 iced coffee

Anyone tried this?

CurlsNCuffs 07-17-2013 03:52 PM

I have not. McDonalds is the best. I order iced regular coffee - no liquid sugar, cream only - it is the best.

I like Dunkin Donuts hot coffee but, McD's iced coffee :)

jeaniem 07-17-2013 07:49 PM

Was disappointed when I went to the 7-11, their website said they had an unsweetened version of the coffee but they didn't. It is $1 on Wed. through summer. I like Starbucks the best but it is expensive.

Gibbs 07-17-2013 07:51 PM

I would LOVE to go to Dunkin' Donuts and get a coffee but I really don't think I could walk out with stuffing myface with donuts!!

krissakris 07-17-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniem (Post 16519586)
Anyone tried this?

I've had it and always had to add cream and sugar bc it seems black w out anything. I never considered it could be sweetened and I never asked lol. I've been drinking it for months tho and I don't think it ever affected my losses.

jeaniem 07-17-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krissakris (Post 16519944)
I've had it and always had to add cream and sugar bc it seems black w out anything. I never considered it could be sweetened and I never asked lol. I've been drinking it for months tho and I don't think it ever affected my losses.

Hmm all they had where I went was mocha and french vanilla, though the website said they had dark Columbian unsweetened.

djlottawa 07-17-2013 10:04 PM

Here in Canada (and I know there are some in the USA) I go to Tim Horton's and order a large ice coffee no base. (so basically cold coffee with ice) I then bring with me a small container of hwc that I store in my cold pack for lunch. I then sometimes add splenda (sorry, tried using stevia, not my cup of tea in my...coffee)

I know other places you can order the same thing. Just ask for no base.

Natalia 07-17-2013 10:27 PM

thanks, djlottawa!i thought my only choice was at starbucks bc McDs and tmmys had sweetened bases. so the base is seperate from the iced coffee? man i loved their iced capps. i now drink the Big Train 2 net carb ones and they are fantastic

djlottawa 07-18-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia (Post 16520047)
thanks, djlottawa!i thought my only choice was at starbucks bc McDs and tmmys had sweetened bases. so the base is seperate from the iced coffee? man i loved their iced capps. i now drink the Big Train 2 net carb ones and they are fantastic

yup the base is this big bottle they squirt into the bottom before adding all the ice and coffee. The coffee is just that. Its a powder base they make in the back using just water. Its a finer grind then what they use for the coffee itself. Think of it like instant coffee powder instead of instand coffee grinds. (I asked :>)

Dottie 07-18-2013 06:12 AM

You can also get an iced Americano (espresso and water) black if you want something stronger.
Funny thing: the local "coffee house" doesn't make iced coffee, but they can make an iced latte or an iced americano. Go figure :laugh: But their Iced Americano, I swear, has 4 shots of espresso in it -it's strong!
Another, smaller, drive through coffee shop makes an iced coffee but it's really weak and I have to get an espresso shot added to it.

jeaniem 07-18-2013 06:26 AM

Burger King, 7-ll and Sheetz have been the only places that I have found that has the base iced coffee only. DD, McDonald's, and Starbucks have been great in their choices.
Thanks for the Americano tip Dottie, is this made with one shot?

Dottie 07-18-2013 06:29 AM

I get a large, iced, and I'm thinking it's 3-4 shots (20oz cup)because it's really strong :)

I was disappointed that Burger King only has sweetened iced coffee.

Dottie 07-18-2013 01:29 PM

I asked today when I picked on up. It's 3 shots of espresso for a 20oz cup. She said kif it's too strong just request 2 shots :)

jeaniem 07-18-2013 02:00 PM

Thanks Dottie. I like my coffee strong, especially when iced.

CindyCRNA 07-18-2013 07:19 PM

I made the mistake of trying the Quik Trip sugar free frozen coffee thinking I had hit on a winner. 400 calories later, not so much! I thought it would be low calorie. Back to making them homemade.