Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Low Carb Tortillas (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808204-low-carb-tortillas.html)

mom2jjl 07-17-2013 01:31 PM

Low Carb Tortillas

Has eaten one eaten these and still been able to successfully lose weight?? I LOVE quesadillas and feel like if I could eat these a couple times a week i would be SET!!!!! Thoughts please??

heahyou00 07-17-2013 02:03 PM

I have, I buy the Mission Low Carb Tortillas, they dont affect my weight loss at all.

rcookie 07-17-2013 02:41 PM

I do use them but only once or twice a week. I like to make a "sandwich" for lunch w/ cream cheese and chicken. They don't seem to bother my weight loss.

astribling 07-17-2013 02:53 PM

Yes, I have used a few different brands and never noticed any problems. I don't eat them every day, but a couple of times a week. I also love Joseph's pita bread, which has about the same nutritional info as the tortillas.

Divabunny 07-17-2013 02:55 PM

I love the mission ones! I even buy the extra thin corn torts for enchiladas soooooo yummy. We have a taco night every week and its never stalled me.

Josephs pita bread is good too!

princessmommy 07-17-2013 03:36 PM

Mission brand LC is my favorite! But I don't keep them around very much. When I do I make a taco bowl with them Or as a wrap for scrambled eggs, bacon and salsa. Yum!

Natalia 07-17-2013 03:48 PM

Yes, but I don't eat them anymore. Trying not to eat gluten :)
I used to enjoy Mama Lupes , Joseph's , or tortilla factory.

SweetSugaree 07-17-2013 05:03 PM

I used to eat them. I ate Mission and Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas. I never stalled, but they gave me acid reflux and it was awful. Because of the acid reflux and heartburn , I decided to stop purchasing them.

Beeb 07-17-2013 05:38 PM

I have them in the freezer, wrapped individually. Have only eaten one in the last 2 weeks and that was tonight to wrap my hot dog in. Use these all the time when I did LC and never saw a problem in weight loss.

I also like making LC tortilla chips out of them! :yummy:

GME 07-17-2013 10:20 PM

I don't because I don't eat gluten, but my DH does well with them. He probably has 3-4/ week.

rcookie 07-17-2013 10:56 PM

I love the idea of making lc tortilla chips!!!! Why didn't I think of that??? totally doing that tomorrow.
:)

RhondaC 07-18-2013 07:22 AM

I just bought Trader Joes low carb whole wheat tortillas yesterday. 4 carbs per tortilla. I haven't tried them yet. I think I'll try one tonight! :)

mom2jjl 07-18-2013 08:59 AM

This is great y'all!! Thank you and I am THRILLED to hear most of you continued to lose!! And will totally help me in my journey to get my weight off!!!!

MisticalMisty 07-18-2013 03:01 PM

I don't care for the Mission or the LaTortilla Factory ones. The Mission taste like chemicals to me and the other ones were just bleck.

My favorite are the Tumaro's brand. They are yummy.

DiamondDeb 07-18-2013 04:04 PM

I tried them years ago & found they slowed my weightloss. But, at that time, if they had not slowed my loss I'd have kept eating them.

I do not eat LC products at all now. They all contain ingredients I avoid. Whole, unprocessed food works best for me. If I want to have a wrap of any kind it is a lettuce leaf wrap.

vixendrop 07-18-2013 04:06 PM

I need to go look for these. My fiance makes the BEST chicken tacos with fried flour tortillas. If I can find these near me I'll be so happy!

3kidsandasheltie 07-19-2013 05:35 AM

yes, I do eat them from time to time. I buy the Mission brand ones and they did not hinder my weight loss. We make chips, taco bowls, pizzas and all sorts of things with them

brimmy 07-19-2013 02:17 PM

The mission brand ones stall me, the la tortilla factory ones don't. I eat usually 1-2 of the la tortilla factory ones every day and have had no slowdown in loss.

rogjack6112 07-21-2013 03:32 PM

tortillas

I only eaten the corn tortillas that are gluten free but not LC. I am on a maintenance plan. Roger http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/im...smile_2011.GIF

mayleesa 07-21-2013 03:45 PM

sadly the mission wheat carb balance ones not only stall but cause severe cravings, maybe when I've hit goal, I can incorporate other brands but for now i'm too scared to try

August Moon 07-22-2013 09:06 PM

I prefer the Mission brand Carb Balance ones myself. I don't like La Tortilla Factory because I dislike the taste of the soy flour in them.

That Girl 07-24-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divabunny (Post 16519632)
I love the mission ones! I even buy the extra thin corn torts for enchiladas soooooo yummy. We have a taco night every week and its never stalled me.

Josephs pita bread is good too!

Do you know the carb count for the corn tortillas by any chance?

3fatcats 07-25-2013 05:18 AM

If I start eating them, I don't stop until they are gone. Every bag. Breaky lunch and dinner with peanut butter. I cannot have them. They are a trigger food for me. *cry*

Yvonnem2000 07-25-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fatcats (Post 16530287)
If I start eating them, I don't stop until they are gone. Every bag. Breaky lunch and dinner with peanut butter. I cannot have them. They are a trigger food for me. *cry*

That was my experience, too. Tried Dreamfields pasta last week with the same result.

Chickamomminy 05-05-2014 12:24 PM

I know this is an older thread, but I have been eating the Mission Carb Balance every day for lunch without stalling. I make a "hot pocket" type baked wrap out of it with whatever I have on hand (today I made a cheese steak). Put whatever you want inside (already cooked as it only bakes 10 minutes), wrap it up nice and tight, 400 degree preheated over. I put some PAM spray on foil (makes all the difference in the world to the texture of the finished wrap, put the seam side down first, flip after 5 minutes and bake another 5 minutes. I have been low-carbing a long time, can't believe it took me this long to figure this out! Soooo good, so easy, and they get crunchy and flaky, like a thin pastry shell (thinking they'd be great with some sweetened cream cheese and cinnamon, too)!

hockey_gal 05-05-2014 07:27 PM

I eat them multiple times a month w/no problems. I love the Mama Lupes ones. Dh prefers them to high carb tortillas...

kauaimom 05-06-2014 07:02 PM

Chickamomminy: What is the cheese steak you make? I want to try some of these. What other things do you do with them if you eat them for lunch every day?

TheBigKahuna 05-07-2014 05:13 AM

We've been eating quite a few of the Mission low-carb wraps lately. We make pizzas, sandwich wraps, quesadillas, tacos, etc. They are very useful and handy. I hope they aren't having a negative affect in long run though. My loss has slowed quite a bit. I'm wondering if it's something I'm eating, or if my weight is just starting to level out.

islegirl 05-08-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondDeb (Post 16521248)
I tried them years ago & found they slowed my weightloss. But, at that time, if they had not slowed my loss I'd have kept eating them.

I do not eat LC products at all now. They all contain ingredients I avoid. Whole, unprocessed food works best for me. If I want to have a wrap of any kind it is a lettuce leaf wrap.

Collard leaves are make wonderful "wraps". They hold together well.

Jennyl 05-08-2014 04:40 PM

they knocked me out of ketosis. I don't eat them when I am lowcarbing. Maybe they would be ok for me if I was on maintenance