Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   WATER (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808185-water.html)

socaligirl714 07-17-2013 08:05 AM

WATER

Do you put anything in your water? The first few water bottles are fine i can drink like nothing... but after that im forcing myself to drink them..

my coworker gave me a lemon yesterday that i was adding the juice to my water and it actually tasted good.. she always adds random stuff to hers

Grapfruit, cucumber, lemon, lime and fruits (shes not doing LC)

Does anyone else add anything to their water?

Crazy Cat 07-17-2013 08:08 AM

I put lime in my club soda, but I drink my regular water plain. It doesn't even have to be cold, I'm fine with room temperature. I do only drink bottled or filtered water though, too many chemicals in the tap water. Ice Mountain is my favorite.

Ntombi 07-17-2013 08:09 AM

Usually I drink it straight from the tap, not even with ice, but every once in a while, like once every few weeks, I'll add lemon juice.

If I want a flavored drink, I'll drink non-water.

llisarray 07-17-2013 08:11 AM

Nothing in my water, but I don't drink near enough. I'm never thirsty, other than when I'm eating, so any water or liquid that I drink has to be remembered and basically forced to drink.

rose1 07-17-2013 08:15 AM

Just plain here, but I have two springs. I carry my own water everywhere. I can't drink city water. Blech.

socaligirl714 07-17-2013 08:21 AM

i never usually drink enough water... but lately i have been parched and I only drink bottled water.. maybe i need to spend the extra $ and get a different brand. I always buy fresh and easy's water but i loveeeee dasani!!! i think i will go buy myself a case at lunch today.

Patience 07-17-2013 08:26 AM

My city has good tap water (safe and win's taste tests, seriously), so I don't buy bottled water. I have a soda stream to add some fizzy and often add flavor essences to that. Sometimes I like that carbonation kick. Favorite flavors are mints, orange, chocomint, almond, vanilla, and sometimes extract from aronia berries or sassafras.

thatphdguy 07-17-2013 09:00 AM

Plain here...But it has to be really really cold. I cannot stand room temperature water

Aomiel 07-17-2013 10:01 AM

I'll drink my water as unsweetened decaf tea but I've gradually gotten used to just plain water. For a changeup, I'll put a small slice of lemon in it.

Low Carb Librarian 07-17-2013 02:16 PM

I just started to add chia seeds to my water...
: D

emel 07-17-2013 02:33 PM

I use mio but not a lot. Lemon. I use weak herbal tea as water. Sometimes lemon with a dab of stevia.
I like Fiji water, darn it. I'll drink Poland Springs or Deer Park, but I won't pay for someone else's municipal water. I don't like our well water--it's softened.

Hayek 07-17-2013 02:39 PM

A little lemon or just straight.

Was a Crystal Light addict for awhile, but that died down a few months ago.

However, I'm fortunate that something about me just loves water (even pre-keto/low-carb days it was the only thing I really drank).

Rhubarb 07-17-2013 02:54 PM

I drink soda water mostly. I usually have it plain, but I use the Dasani or Mio drops occasionally. Once in a while I have one of the sparkling pink grapefruit flavored ICE drink they are selling at Albertsons these days. (It's sugar free) When I'm out I might have a Diet Coke, but rarely. Ice tea and coffee too. At night I tend to just drink plain water.

I have always consumed a lot of liquid but on low carb it's probably tripled.

MissBeeps 07-17-2013 03:17 PM

I'm a big fan of SASSY water in the summer (Google it, its got lemon, cucumber, ginger and mint in it.) I know nothing of the diet it belongs to, I just really like it.

DiamondDeb 07-17-2013 03:34 PM

I put 1/2 teaspoon magnesium in my water 4 times per day... But that isn't what you meant! :laugh:

I sometimes add fresh lemon to my water, usually in the evening.

But mostly I just drink plain cold water. I keep 2 gallons in the refrigerater.

mamabat 07-17-2013 03:38 PM

I like mine with tons of ice. Sometimes I put in a few cucumber slice and a lemon slice.

shelec 07-17-2013 06:19 PM

I add Propel Zero to almost all my water. I just started back LC so I don't know if it will have any effect of weight loss.

I have a disease that causes chronic kidney stones so I have to do whatever I have to to drink more water. I am also allergic to Red #40 which cuts out a lot of water additive options. Can't wait to hear other suggestions on this thread.

cfine 07-17-2013 08:47 PM

I drink plain, filtered water, lemon water with stevia, or unsweetened tea.

Blue Skies 07-17-2013 08:58 PM

I have had trouble drinking enough water all my adult life. And I think there are MANY out there who are running around dehydrated much of the time. I used to simply not think about it, until I was really thirsty, and of course by that time, you're already past the point you should be at.

Then there was the times I tried to drink more water, and stood at the kitchen sink and gulped a glass when I thought about it.

But now, on this LC woe, I know I MUST do better, and I have been. And, I do notice that when I am not as committed to my water intake, I stall, feel crappy, get stopped up etc.

I keep a glass of water next to my computer when I'm working or playing there, at all times now, and when it's empty, I immediately refill. I don't gulp anymore, I just sip along. Now I've learned to do this almost everywhere---at restaurants I sip along and then ask for a refill. At social occasions I do the same. I put a glass of water next to me almost anywhere I can these days.

And I don't care if it's cold, or tap, or bottled or flavored. I like them all and chose whatever is most convenient for where I am. So water is just there for me now, a constant stream. I don't see it as boring, or interesting, or anything but just something I do. And like I said, sipping as you go, is a lot easier that trying to make up with a lot of quick gulping.

djlottawa 07-17-2013 08:59 PM

Not a big fan of water, either tap, filtered or bottled. So I end up flavouring my water.

I tried Stevia (uuhg. Don't like the aftertaste) but usually end up using Crystal light or Mio. I KNOW its not good for me but only way I can force myself to drink water. Part of that is of course my past addiction to sugar and I am not yet used to drinking regular water.

Though I do do it during the gym because I get so thirsty. I have tried also the lemon juice trick. Never was a fan of lemons. So am slowly adding 1 small glass of water a day to my daily intake without anything in it. Sort of get my taste buds used to it.

watcher513 07-18-2013 12:09 AM

Sometimes I put a packet of True Lemon, Lime or Orange in my water for a change and sometimes a very little touch of sweetener. Must be cold water, usually with ice in it.

MissG 07-18-2013 12:29 AM

I add one squirt of Mio flavoring to my 33.8oz bottle of Smart Water. I drink 3 of those a day. I just cant do plain water....I will but I don't like to. lol.

Mimosa23 07-18-2013 01:27 AM

I'm lucky, we have really good tap water here in Germany. No chlorine and no fluoride, it's purified with UV. Tastes like bottled water to me. At work I drink mineral water because it's there, at home plain old tap water. I also drink tea and sometimes add some fresh mint or cucumber or lemon to a jug of water on the weekends to change things up.

I just like water and drink when thirsty. I drink between 1 liter and 3 liters a day, depending on whether I'm fasting or not.

Taxbane 07-18-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socaligirl714 (Post 16518943)
Do you put anything in your water?

Does anyone else add anything to their water?

Yes, mostly coffee grinds, or sometimes a tea bag, then heat and strain. :)

I can't stand drinking water by itself unless I am really dehydrated or sick.

Interestingly for something so simple/basic, it is one of the things that it probably laced with the most toxins that we readily consume without even thinking about (Fluoride and Chlorine). Then if its bottled you have to worry about those BPH things leeching in from the plastic.

I've considered "distilled" water, but then people point out consumption of distilled water could cause your bones to become demineralized since the distilled water acts like a magnet for minerals.

So, when I get around to it, I need to see what research is available to confirm my worries, but I hope to set up a distiller to filter out the Flouride and other toxins, then figure out what minerals should be added back in to make the distilled water inert again.

I'm guessing that distilled-remineralized-BPH free water will taste the best. :)

Shimmer 07-22-2013 04:08 PM

I usually drink it plain but if I have a cucumber, I'll slice that up and add it.

Patience 07-22-2013 04:48 PM

cucumber in water is really refreshing, thanks for the reminder

Karerose 07-23-2013 02:43 PM

Love water. Hate flavored water. I always try to remember at a restaurant to order my water with NO lemon. Even when they stick the lemon on the side there is still enough that gets in the glass that it doesn't taste so good to me.

I have been to places that had pitchers of water with cucumber in it and I thought it was better than with lemon, but would never choose to do that on my own.