Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Main Lowcarb Lobby (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/)
-   -   Oops...weekend lapse (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/main-lowcarb-lobby/808041-oops-weekend-lapse.html)

Aomiel 07-15-2013 06:14 AM

Oops...weekend lapse

I *KNOW* better than to bring nuts in this house because they're a trigger food and I still can't figure out why I did although I think I was *justifying* that I can have 'just a little'. Silly me.

Instead of 1 oz, I ended up eating at least 2/3 of the 10 oz can over two days (husband saved me from the rest), so ended up doing 30 carbs each day (instead of my usual 20-25 ) and increased my calories per day by 600 above my max limit. :eek:

I'm feeling it this morning. Not the calories, but the salt. Oy...I feel like the Staypuff marshmallow man. Sadly, I have a doc's appointment this morning and all that excess water weight is gonna show up on the scales. :annoyed:

I know it's not a big deal having one lapse in 6 months...but still. I guess it was a reminder I needed that I have to stay focused.

Patience 07-15-2013 06:18 AM

I hear you! They are banished from my house, too.
Can't say I'd never do just what you did.

clackley 07-15-2013 06:34 AM

I hear you. I can't control some nuts and have to keep them out of the house.:sad:

Aquarius 07-15-2013 12:59 PM

Heehee, I can't control one of the nuts in my house but I stay married to him anyway. :hyst:

Seriously, though, Aomiel, if you're gonna have a lapse, overindulging on nuts is not a bad way to go. And the water weight will go as quickly as it came.

Chuck41 07-15-2013 04:38 PM

Nuts are a weakness with me as well. Have to be careful to keep them under control because they taste like "more".

tinamanni 07-15-2013 05:01 PM

Same here - and my lbs don't go down when I eat them. But they are soooo good

Aomiel 07-15-2013 06:16 PM

LOL...I like that - "they taste like 'more'." :hyst:

DiamondDeb 07-15-2013 06:27 PM

I don't handle nuts in the house very well either. I usually don't allow them inside.

I solved the "but I love nuts!" issue by keeping a bag of raw almonds in the car for emergencies, like when I'm running errands for hours. It works very well for me.

rose1 07-15-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondDeb (Post 16516558)
I don't handle nuts in the house very well either. I usually don't allow them inside.

I solved the "but I love nuts!" issue by keeping a bag of raw almonds in the car for emergencies, like when I'm running errands for hours. It works very well for me.

Same here. I tried having a bag of raw almonds at work, but I ate them. :o So it stays in the car. The only nuts I can have in the house are raw walnuts which I put in my yogurt. I get some out at breakfast and put the bag back in the freezer.

Natalia 07-15-2013 08:03 PM

I, too, have designated my almonds as an emergency snack. I bring a snack size bag in my purse. i try not to eat \atkins bars anymore, and they were what I used to throw in my bag.

OP you should be celebrating! you still had legal foods. its not like you went to a buffet and finished off with a large blizzard! good job for staying to legal foods.

Chuck41 07-15-2013 10:18 PM

My favorite nuts are cashews. Unfortunately they are also about the highest in carbs. I have to ration them and only buy them occasionally in small single serving quantities.

Second favorite is almonds. I like the salted roasted ones and buy big bags of them. Have to get out little snack bags and separate them or I would end up eating the whole darned big bag! I can resist them OK as long as I don't have the whole bunch out. Whatever I sit down with will disappear but, unlike the cashews I can resist going back to the kitchen for more. Nuts are tough to resist.

niciK 07-15-2013 10:27 PM

Nuts! You did fine.
We all get cravings and snacky. Be happy it was nuts and not pretzels. You had good fats, fiber and yes a bit more salt.
Aren't you happy you did not eat cookies. Be proud of yourself.

I ate a jar of macadamia nuts this weekend. 1400 calories and I was so hungry. I could of went for the gummi bears and the cookies in the mini bar.

Natalia 07-16-2013 12:15 PM

When I end up eating more than I should, I find it's usually a dip, either hummus or spinach dip.

TrueYou 07-17-2013 07:39 AM

I must confess...after several weeks on low-carb I cheated yesterday. I feel so guilty. I was at the mall and ate Johnny Rockets Burger and Onion Rings with a Vanilla Shake. Ugh! It tasted good while eating, but after getting full I wished I hadn't done it. I did stay on track after that and haven't gained anything yet.

Aomiel 07-17-2013 08:19 AM

Get right back on the LC. One of the hardest things for me to come to terms with mentally, was that *one* oops and back on LC was better than one oops and screw it attitude.

You know you oopsed. Now you know what comes next (and it's not off and running on higher carbs :D).

TrueYou 07-18-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aomiel (Post 16518836)
Get right back on the LC. One of the hardest things for me to come to terms with mentally, was that *one* oops and back on LC was better than one oops and screw it attitude.

You know you oopsed. Now you know what comes next (and it's not off and running on higher carbs :D).

Getting ready to post my new weight because I lost again! Thanks for keeping me on track. I think this thread helped me out. I guess those carbs I ate kind of tricked my body and as long as I got back on track I was A-Okay!!!