LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosecity_z
Stats: 300/296/160
WOE: Atkins' Induction
Start Date: July 2013
Hi everyone,
This is my very first post on LCF! I have been lurking for sometime, mainly interested in tips and advice for lowcarbing. I began my journey with Atkins a year ago, but have gone on and off of it during that time. I dont know what took me so long to join, considering how much I have craved support! My husband tries hard to relate, but he doesn't get it. He's the type that can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound!

What made you decide to come back to LC?

-Because it works for me...if I give it the time to work for me, that is . I have had too many cheat days, I've made too many excuses, and I have tried to go back to calorie counting just to eat whatever I want--and I know that isn't right.

What, if anything different, do you plan to do this time around?

-Try to stay away or cutback on "sugar-free" items. When I first tried Atkins...I went a little crazy with the baking, and splenda, diet coke, etc. It really made me crave more sweet-tasting food, and took a lot of my carb daily allowances!

Do you plan to make this a lifetime change and stay this time with LC?

-ABSOLUTELY! Every time I stop and start, I wreck my metabolism and gain more weight! I've yo-yo'd up to almost 300 lbs! I don't even know what my start or current weight is because my scale doesn't read it. That has never happened to me before, and it is quite sobering.

Are you happy to be back and if so, why?

-YES. I feel better already after only a day and a half mainly because I'm not always hungry.
rosecity_z is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Michelle765
Stats: 240.2/194.0/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7/19/2013
3rd Time's the Charm

What made you decide to come back to LC? Abject failure with any other plan.

What, if anything different, do you plan to do this time around? Support from another local friend low-carbing, using an online tool to track what I eat and my progress, and chewing each bite many times. What got me off track the previous two times was thinking about what I couldn't have instead of what I could and the progress I was making.

Do you plan to make this a lifetime change and stay this time with LC? I do, and when I'm at goal, I plan to eat primarily whole foods.

Are you happy to be back and if so, why? Yes - I am an information junkie and this site provides a lot of it.
Michelle765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saltnpepper
Stats: 125/106/105 5'
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
I feel like this thread really speeks to me......

It makes me feel good. I have a few minor issues, but eating this way helps everything. Plus dh is t2, so this works for him also.

Going to try to plan meals better. Or at least have more snack type things available.

YES!! The older I get, the more sense this makes.

It's easier just to cook once for me and the family. I was cooking 3 meals for 3 people 3 times a day.

Is there a support group just for "Repeat Performances"

Thanks for the post op

Anna
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #34
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltnpepper View Post
I feel like this thread really speeks to me......

It makes me feel good. I have a few minor issues, but eating this way helps everything. Plus dh is t2, so this works for him also.

Going to try to plan meals better. Or at least have more snack type things available.

YES!! The older I get, the more sense this makes.

It's easier just to cook once for me and the family. I was cooking 3 meals for 3 people 3 times a day.

Is there a support group just for "Repeat Performances"

Thanks for the post op

Anna
and so nice to see everyone here! I love your idea of a support group and would like to suggest you start one for us! I am SO sure lots will join! It would be a great way to kick about ideas, suggestions and look for support when needed! Let us know if you start one and post the link on here, too for others who may join this thread to see!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the reply Beep. I PM'ed you (??)

Anywho.... where would you all want to put a support group? (Atkins, challenages...other???)

I'm all for it, and if anyone else want's to start it, please do.

As I told Beep I have joined 2 challenages, and did poor on both. Sorry Tobelowcarb...... I didn't mean to leave your group.

But that is why I need a support group.

Anna
Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2fourboyz
Stats: 277/working on it/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 28,2004 recommiting 7/1/13
I have been doing LC since 04. Half assed the last 6 years. Getting back to it, jumping in feet first. Lost 15 pounds this month.

Measure my success more with the tape measure and not the scale. Exercise. Not be so restrictive. I stuck to 10 net carbs for 4 years solid. I lost lots of weight but now know I don't have to be so obsessive. LC consumed my life for 4 years. I felt like if I wasn't constantly talking about it, I wouldn't make it.

Yes.

Very much. I forget when I slack off how horrible I feel. My fibromyalgia is all but non existent when I do what I am supposed to do. I love the energy. I look forward to putting on clothes every day just to see the difference.
mom2fourboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glennjones
Stats: 244/214/200 6'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 16 2013

I gained back 44 pounds of the 80 I lost. I was feeling very sluggish and the more depressed I got about the weight gain the more I ate.

The first time I did it I wasn’t prepared for the maintenance phase – I was focused on the scale and the number going down. When I reached goal I was lost – this time I’m prepared for the long haul.

I have been back on Atkins since May 16th of this year and have lost 25 pounds with 19 to go. I plan on staying on induction levels of 20 carbs or less daily until I reach goal - for the second time. I know it’s a lifetime change and readily accept it.

I am very happy and just about content. I have lost 25 pounds and feel much better. I think clearly now, I feel like getting up and busy, and am not as ashamed to be seen by others. My blood-work came back great and I’m getting more exercise.
glennjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Anywho.... where would you all want to put a support group? (Atkins, challenages...other???)

As I told Beep I have joined 2 challenages, and did poor on both. Sorry Tobelowcarb...... I didn't mean to leave your group.

Anna
Beeb I apologize for my spelling.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimmarie
WOE: low carb
This is the very first thread I saw when I came back to LCF on 7/29. I figured it was a sign I am moving in the right direction. I haven't had the courage to post until today. Thanks for starting it, Beeb!

I have regained most of the weight I lost when I was here a couple of years ago. My once well controlled diabetes is not well controlled anymore. I have been fooling around with weight watchers, but could never stick to it because I was eating too many carbs. I was feeling bloated, sick, miserable, etc. My joint pain was increasing. My horrible mood swings have been causing problems in my marriage and at work.

I am going to see how I feel wheat-free. During my previous LC days, I did consume a moderate amount of LC wraps, bread, etc. I think going wheat free, and possibly all grains-free, will be healthier for me and help me stay on plan. (I am still a ww member, and since I had a good loss today, the receptionist who weighed me asked what I had done differently...so I told her....and she said cutting back on carbs is good, but you still need some whole grains and fruit in you diet. Yeah, whatever.

That was always the plan for me. I felt so good last time! I can't pinpoint exactly what happened, but I just gradually slipped off the wagon and couldn't get back on. I have to make this change for my health, even if I don't lose a bunch of weight.

Are you happy to be back, and if so, why?
Yes. I am happy that I feel like I am in control again. I am not happy that I let myself slide so far back. I used to come to LCF everyday when I lost the weight before. I plan on doing that again. I need the support and ideas.

Kim
kimmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: 155/145.4/135
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: October 2014
I'm starting back because low carb is good for two problems I am having...SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) and PCOS.

I am going to be more restrictive in the beginning and not make any special treats with almond flour and/or sweeteners. And since I'm doing this for medical reasons, I won't treat it as a diet at all.

We'll see. I just want to feel better. I will try adding back a few things as my symptoms clear up, but it's not going to happen immediately.

Yes and no. I had a pretty good thing going with IF and eating a meal of whatever I wanted for dinner. I've already given up wheat and gluten...giving up sugar, potatoes, rice, and gluten free bread is going to be a challenge.

However, if I feel better, then yes, I will be happy to be back.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missbiscuits
Hello all. I too am glad to find this thread.
Why am I back ? A couple of years ago I lost 30 lbs on low carb. I have continued fairly low carb eating since then and put back only about 5 pounds of what I lost. Although I maintained my loss I still have more to go. I am back in induction & hoping for a bit of visible loss for an event in October and more beyond.
Different? During my last weight loss DH deployment & small kids meant I was the only adult eating. Meal planning & eating was easier than it is now. I did well enough eating LC on & off at meals with them to maintain but not to lose more. I have just been lazy about it.
Lifetime Change? I think I mostly have made the change. I know mty body just functions better on LC. I just want to get the last of the weight off & go back to maintenance.
Happy to be back? Sure. I am doing pretty well in induction. I know how good it feels to shed the weight & am looking forward to that again.
All that said, I am not great at daily posting anywhere & have never joined a challenge before but I will participate as best I can. I know walking through this with others will bless me in my endeavor. Thanks for being here!
missbiscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #42
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

Anna
I would ask the Mods on here. Send them an email and ask, they are wonderful and will help you find the right forum for this new support group! Let us know what you do!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: smoky
Stats: Start weight 280/208/180
WOE: Type 2 Diabetic on - LCHF
Start Date: Re Start Oct 19 2013
As soon as I start eating carbs up goes my blood sugar and my weight.

Bread is my down fall so this time no bread at all not one peace even with my bacon and eggs

As a type 2 diabetic I have come to the conclusion I well have to eat LC the rest of my life

Yes because it is a positive steep to control my diabetes and weight. Back one day and down 1.5 lb. already