Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Main Lowcarb Lobby
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ChiCityGuy
Back again! New motivation.

Background.. I started low carb about a year and a half ago and went from 345 to 265!! I started because I felt lonely and isolated. That was my motivation. As I lost the weight I felt more and more confident, made more and more friends. About 6 months ago I slipped off the wagon. Nothing devastating. I was just in such a good place low carb was not a priority. Pasta once a week became the norm, mainly clean eating with some slip ups here and there( it's so easy to not count carbs and pretend the breading is just a few carbs on otherwise carb free meat). Anyway, I gained about 10 lbs over this time, and now I'm feeling lonely and depressed. Here's to starting again, with rejuvenated motivation, and another 50lbs gone over the next 6 months. Thanks so much guys, you helped me through the first round, help me do it again!! What is your motivation, depression and loneliness seems to be mine!
ChiCityGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I think you actually did a really great job maintaining. Several of those pounds, maybe nearly all of them are water, ya know. I'll be routing for you and I hope you're feeling more in the swing of things, soon.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein (Maintenance)
Start Date: January 2010
Wow! Give yourself a pat on the back...not only for only gaining back 10 pounds during the period but also for recognizing you need to get back on the wagon before you gained it all back!

I predict you'll be just as successful this time around!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCityGuy View Post
Background.. I started low carb about a year and a half ago and went from 345 to 265!! I started because I felt lonely and isolated. That was my motivation. As I lost the weight I felt more and more confident, made more and more friends. About 6 months ago I slipped off the wagon. Nothing devastating. I was just in such a good place low carb was not a priority. Pasta once a week became the norm, mainly clean eating with some slip ups here and there( it's so easy to not count carbs and pretend the breading is just a few carbs on otherwise carb free meat). Anyway, I gained about 10 lbs over this time, and now I'm feeling lonely and depressed. Here's to starting again, with rejuvenated motivation, and another 50lbs gone over the next 6 months. Thanks so much guys, you helped me through the first round, help me do it again!! What is your motivation, depression and loneliness seems to be mine!
Welcome back! You have done what seems to be so common and that is to be very successful and then have a trip back to carb land. You are so smart to get back off them in short order.

There is a ton of literature out there on the negative effects of carbohydrates on the brain. One person who is very knowledgeable and writes very well is Dr. Emily Deans. She has a blog and writes for Psychology Today. There is no doubt that depression can result from a carb loaded woe.
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Welcome back, you sound very motivated! Good luck, you can do this!
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Welcome back ... make yourself your most important project. Good luck.
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote